PDA

View Full Version : The Midnight Championship!

Ubi-Negitron
08-04-2017, 05:54 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/Midnight-Championship-Entries.jpg

Howdy riders,

Horns up for Trials Frontier’s very first Midnight Championship!

The Midnight Championship is our very own mini-championship based on the Midnight Circuit, where you’d race as a team!

Read on discover the details of this mini-event!

“What is this thing?!”

EDIT 1 of 2: Midnight Circuit will now be active later this week. Sorry for the delays guys, we're fixing a few issues with the update.

Before Midnight Circuit starts, players interested in the Midnight Championship would have to register (here - bit.ly/mncform (https://bit.ly/mncform)).

After everyone registers, we’ll form teams of 10, and teams with the highest scores (best times) at the end of all 3 Legs of the Midnight Circuit will be the winning teams!

“Alright, so what do I have to do?”

All you gotta do is –

• Register for the event, here – bit.ly/mncform (https://bit.ly/mncform)
• Wait for the announcement of the team chosen for you!
• Race in all 3 Legs of the Midnight Circuit!
• Get the best scores possible with your team, and get killer rewards!

But first! Some Important stuff -

• We’re accepting limited entries, so make sure you register fast before entries are closed!
Entries will close on 8th August, 2017 at 11:59 UTC/GMT. Please make sure you fill in the correct names, or your entry will be disqualified.
EDIT 2 of 2: Teams will be announced on 14th August 2017.
• Teams of 10 riders will be made by us (using a randomizer) and will be announced on 10th August, 2017.
• We’ll post scores at the end of each Leg!
• The winning team would need to have the highest total score at the end of all 3 Legs combined!

“What do I win?”

You’d obviously win rewards in the Midnight Circuit, but check out the rewards for winners of the Midnight Championship below!

All the rewards given below would be for all team members -

Midnight Championship Winners (all team members) -

• 1 Track of your choice!
• 1 Paintjob of your choice!
• Gems x 200
• Rarified Fuel x 3

Midnight Championship 1st Runner up (all team members) -

• 1 Paintjob of your choice!
• Gems x 100
• Coins x 50,000
• Rarified Fuel x 2

Midnight Championship 2nd Runner up (all team members) -

• Gems x 100
• Coins x 10,000
• Rarified Fuel x 1
• Super Magnet x 10

Bonus - Rank 1 Riders in the Top 3 teams would get a Track of their choice!

Wild Card Rider Rewards – 3 Riders would be given surprise wild card rider rewards, based on their participation and team-spirit! (It’s so good, it can’t be mentioned here!)

Now that you know all you need to know, go forth and register here - bit.ly/mncform (https://bit.ly/mncform)! :)

For any queries, feedback or suggestions, do let us know as a response to this thread.

You can also use this thread to discuss with your teammates! :)

Cheers!

KrazFTW
08-04-2017, 06:28 PM
I will do my best for the team! :D But that randomizer thing is worrying me a little. Just make sure you balance the teams good or you will get the biggest rage of all time :) And make sure you select reasonably old players so cheaters won't qualify... or you will have to give wildcards on the go... changing cheaters.

Looking forward to this event, sounds promising. Lets see :)

Sardius77-TFG
08-04-2017, 07:22 PM
This is scary, but I'm gonna give it a go anyway. Hate the idea of disappointing my teammates!

Coins/fuel have no meaning for me, I'm all about the tracks!

flooodi
08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Is the uplayID the number or the Nick you are using?

TravaX
08-04-2017, 07:38 PM
First time posting, love the idea :)

CADZILLA
08-04-2017, 08:07 PM
I'll give it a shot. We're using the name we use in the game right?

spartan2024
08-04-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm really excited! I love the idea to race in teams, let's see, how well it will work ;)

NeetjeNL
08-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Is the uplayID the number or the Nick you are using?
My question exactly. I've registered with the emailadress I use to sign in. And pasted the link to my NeetjeNL profilepage just to be sure.

Very curious about how the event will work out, can't wait ^^

Also, do we get confirmed that the registration is matched to our account? Through mail, ingame, or in our profilepage?

justinman114
08-05-2017, 12:32 AM
I love how they made a thread asking us if we would like this only one day ago, as if we had a choice.

I am down for it though I suppose, could be fun. I am worried that there will be new tracks that are unobtainable though, due to being on a team that is not very good :D

Are there new tracks as part of this or is the "1 track of your choice" just referring to old tracks that we may not have yet?

FastSirleon
08-05-2017, 02:15 AM
I'm not stupid these prizes are poor and useless

FastSirleon
08-05-2017, 02:26 AM
Prizes should be rare and not something that I can receive in other ways

FastSirleon
08-05-2017, 02:40 AM
Solve frozen garage is over a year now instead of inventing new events the support sucks it can not find solutions does not know what to say

oster1016
08-05-2017, 04:41 AM
Any logic as to how teams will be assigned.

dutscher-DE
08-05-2017, 06:24 AM
ouh yes, iam so excited, also it starts on my birthday.
the first event with teams and after this event a convention with 3 wildcard winners.
i love it!
hopefully, due ubisoft has moved to berlin, the convention is in here :)

for all: the email is the email, the uplayid is your username that you choosed and is shown everywhere, also here in the forum.

cheers guys

ps.: maybe we get the in same team :) my team name suggestion is "bite-us-we-bite-you"

denis333989
08-05-2017, 07:12 AM
Как узнать свой id???

Bhgprox
08-05-2017, 07:31 AM
It seems very nice! Just registered! I will do my best for my team!

NeetjeNL
08-05-2017, 09:27 AM
for all: the email is the email, the uplayid is your username that you choosed and is shown everywhere, also here in the forum.

Allright, I've changed email to username. Still would like to receive confirmation.

RacerX19
08-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Looking forward to team play. Hope it goes well.

NOBBYHOBSON
08-05-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm in but if the the teams are picked randomly that surely will throw a spanner into the works. I'll be watching out on here for the announcement of the team chosen for us.
If I already own all of the tracks released and I win the free track prize can I take it in lieu so that if in future I miss a track, I could use the prize then?
Can the paintjob of my choice be a paintjob only released by an in app purchase?
Or could I pick one of the unobtainable in-game paintjobs:
Leroy's Marauder
Ghost's Armadillo
Cassidy's Berserker
?
As you can tell a paintjob of my choice needs clarification.

Kwernan
08-06-2017, 12:11 AM
Thanks

d34dstr0k3
08-07-2017, 05:21 PM
...needs clarification.

Agreed, though a lot of things about this game need clarification!!:D

Guess I'll have to give it go.

Teams seems a bit weird with no form of in-game communication, can't even use uplay anymore! Never thought I'd miss any uplay features.

Krush911
08-08-2017, 06:56 AM
First event I've had to register for. Looking forward to how it goes! Been playing the game for a few months, fun unlocking tracks, upgrading bikes, and going head to head against real people in the bunker. Currently rank 9 in the bunker and overall in the 70,000s and rapidly going down. If anyone wants to add me feel free! I just found out about the gift box and would like to try it out.

Ubi-Negitron
08-08-2017, 03:52 PM
A huge thank you to each one of you who registered for the Midnight Championship! We received an unprecedented number of entries, due to which we're closing entries a little earlier than promised. This time around, we'll be going with a limited number of teams as mentioned in the Original Post so please bear with us if you're not in the final list of teams. Expect the final list of teams in the next two days, y'all!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-08-2017, 04:28 PM
A huge thank you to each one of you who registered for the Midnight Championship! We received an unprecedented number of entries, due to which we're closing entries a little earlier than promised. This time around, we'll be going with a limited number of teams as mentioned in the Original Post so please bear with us if you're not in the final list of teams. Expect the final list of teams in the next two days, y'all!

selection method being...?

random or time of registry?

xitooner
08-08-2017, 08:20 PM
random or time of registry?

Random, ie:

"Teams of 10 riders will be made by us (using a randomizer) and will be announced on 10th August, 2017."

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Random, ie:

"Teams of 10 riders will be made by us (using a randomizer) and will be announced on 10th August, 2017."

i was considering that only regarding how to make up the teams, my doubt is connected to the fact that it seems that not everyone who registered will get to participate

"please bear with us if you're not in the final list of teams"

guess it's time for another round of good old "it's random, deal with it" a$$ whooping for me :x we'll see..

CabanonGH
08-09-2017, 07:29 PM
what the heck is this ? how hard is it to implement such feature directly into the app ? Midnight Circuit was always "enter when it's live" so I assumed a new leg was coming, not a "register to race" thing on a forum that maybe 1% of rider goes to.

kinda bummed to miss this event.

dutscher-DE
08-10-2017, 10:36 AM
and now its time to let the cat out of the sack!
where we can see in which teams we are?

cheers

Ubi-Negitron
08-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Riders, there are a few delays. We're now starting Midnight Circuit on16th August to 3rd September, with 3 Legs of 7 days each.

Here is the new schedule -

1st Leg: 16th August – 22nd August 2017
2nd Leg: 22nd August – 28th August 2017
3rd Leg: 28th August – 3rd September 2017

Also, the teams for Midnight Championship will be now announced on 14th August 2017.
Please bear with us, we can't wait to start either!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-10-2017, 03:57 PM
midnight circus, bugging since 2017!

Krush911
08-11-2017, 11:12 AM
I was worried, never got notified of the teams. I really hope my submission will be accepted. Really digging this game, play for hours every day xD

hikasrams
08-11-2017, 01:40 PM
midnight circus, bugging since 2017!

I wonder whether I'll be able to play MC, 'couse I coundn't connect to it during multiple events. Only after ~3 weeks of contacting support RL was able to resolve my account, but events were finished already. Then the next event - the same problem, but solution again after 3 weeks, so made no sense.

Ubi-Negitron
08-14-2017, 02:32 PM
https://scontent-bom1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/20770116_874244529408586_7656120064976407972_n.jpg ?oh=2aebc4706783a863834fe5e70bf84287&oe=5A2D833B

Hi everyone!

We're very happy to announce the final list of teams for the Midnight Championship, right here - www.bit.ly/midnightchampteams

Please don't be disappointed if your name is not in the list, we've chosen names on a First Come First Serve basis.

You'll see your team names in the orange rows above names of team members in the list! Team names are based on Track names, y'all! ;)

Also, Midnight Circuit will now be active later this week. Sorry for the delay guys, we're fixing a few issues with the update so please bear with us.

All the best!

KrazFTW
08-14-2017, 02:59 PM
So, whats the point of such small number of teams? Like really? Explain to me, explain to us i guess?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-14-2017, 02:59 PM
was afraid that i wouldn't be selected if it was random (you can see i even posted asking about thisa couple days ago), but once i read this:

Please don't be disappointed if your name is not in the list, we've chosen names on a First Come First Serve basis.

i breath deep with confidence and thought: "i registered like 30 minutes or so after it was posted, no way i don't get in one of the 630 (as announced in facebook) spots! YAY! bring it on!"

well... WRONG!

now i wish it was random, at least i could blame bad luck and move along. this way who can i blame?

(i bet it was because i put "chatkill3r" as my uplay id (uplay doesn't even exist anymore, in case the person who made the form doesn't know!). but well, since you decided to go ancient by asking about uplay, and since nicknames can be changed all the time etc etc and not even sure they must be unique (i remember seeing a "fake" GTDave) i was led to believe you wanted my "legacy name" or whatever you call it. i even lost 10 minutes or so trying to find where it was because i didn't remember anymore. now i realize what you really wanted was our simple rider name... but since i also added a link to my forum profile it shouldn't be that hard to see who i really was.)

been waiting for this since friday, only to see it delayed and then to see it taken away from me in a first come first served basis when i bet i was in the first 100 subscribers if not less!

at the announce of the delay i said you set a new record, screwing up even before it had started, now you screwed up before, during, after and at all times of every possible moment!

well, have fun, keep this event and the whole game to yourselves, i'm done with this pile of bugs and screw ups, leaving for good!

/OFF

/GONE

/@€@€

Sprintsgaming
08-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Many in other groups not on these forums are noting that signing up in the first hour of the form going live didn't get them a spot. So it's clearly not first come, first served. And considering the highly convenient splitting of high LB rank players into separate teams (it's almost like they have been made team captains) I highly doubt a randomiser was used. Personally though, I agree with trying to balance the teams - it will make the event more competitive!

But really, all everyone wants to do is play the game and help you test what we hope will be an outstanding, new and on-going feature. Instead we get nothing but a let down of searching a google doc to find that being quick to register got us nowhere :(

godlesplay
08-14-2017, 04:01 PM
there is no my id on the list... why there are only 63 teams?

JumboLump79
08-14-2017, 04:50 PM
To whom it may concern:

I was left out of the contest although I registered for it immediately, within the first 15 minutes it was posted. I'm an avid player who plays all events and I am deeply disappointed to have been left out although I clearly registered before others that were selected.

hanks420
08-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Sucks for those who didn't make the random cut. At least you can be thankful you didn't get stuck with me on your team.

Based on the response it would seem this may be a tough concept moving forward unless they can drastically increase the number of teams able to participate.

DMac3221
08-14-2017, 08:21 PM
What's with all the riders that have never even completed a track? I've got two of them on my team and they have a score of zero and don't have a time on any single track.

xitooner
08-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I scanned a couple of the teams and they are all similar in configuration:
People are listed in order of rank; the first couple will be top 300 players more or less, and the top 5 in the list tend to have ranks in Bonxy (ie, be rank 6000 or better). The last 5 people are so far back in the ranks, they barely register.

Overall, it seemed reasonably-well distributed to me; just a little surprising to see for the first time. :) Its all an experiment, and I am curious to see how it works in practise. Game on! :)

Electron.x
08-15-2017, 12:15 AM
I have no problem with that I was not chosen. But I am a little bit annoyed by the following statement:

It seems that this is not the whole truth.

It would therefore be a nice gesture if all who have registered and have not been selected are set/seeded at the next event (or receive a few gems as consolation ;-).

NeetjeNL
08-15-2017, 01:04 AM
My sympathy to all who weren't selected. After reading the first responses to the team-doc, I didn't expect my name to show up. Luckily it did.

If anyone can retrieve the date/time of my first post in this thread (I can't on iPad it seems), and is sure to have registered earlier than that, then indeed:

It seems that this is not the whole truth.

justinman114
08-15-2017, 01:13 AM
It's BS if anyone who signed up wasn't selected. Why is there a limit? There are like 63 teams, you think 163 would make a difference?

I am very mad for those players.

ALSO: IMPORTANT:

It says we were selected on a "first come first serve basis". This is simply not true. I see plenty of people here who said they registered IMMEDIATELY after it was posted, and didn't get selected. I, however, didn't register until like 5 hours after I saw the post, and I got in. I don't even know if I saw the post the same day it was made on TFG. So someone is lying.

I'm actually kind of excited for this, because I love team based stuff, but everyone should be involved, not just the precious selected few, and that includes me.

AS USUAL, fixing is needed, but will not happen.

Sorry to my fellow riders who didn't get to join :(

EDIT: I just checked my teammates on Bonxy. This is ridiculous lol. I have a teammate who has literally 0 time played in the game, 0 tracks, 0 medals, etc. I have a few others with very little playtime. Looks like a few who actually play. There are gonna be teams that have people who don't even play who just signed up to troll, and we have legit players who play this game every day who don't get to play. Nice.

ymja
08-15-2017, 07:00 AM
I was not the earliest of birds but still signed for the this event the same day it was announced I think and well before the original deadline but seems I missed the spot on the list :(
I'm not the fastest rider but I got most of the released tracks by playing earlier events actively having me at ~1k bracket in global leaderboard.

Oh well, at least nowI don't have to deal with the inevitable glitches the event will likely have in one form or another :p
Still GL to those who got picked :thumbsup:

HU_HeroZero
08-15-2017, 07:02 AM
NeetjeNL,
I am in your Flower Hills team, mate.
Altogether with USA-Mike_G-TFG, I hope he will push us up and upper : )
There are other players with rank 1 in the team.
I haven't checked if the other teams are mixed well with various ranked players.
I will do my best – only after work : )

dutscher-DE
08-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Guys!!! calm down. We have 3 Legs.

Here is the new schedule -
1st Leg: 16th August – 22nd August 2017
2nd Leg: 22nd August – 28th August 2017
3rd Leg: 28th August – 3rd September 2017

The first leg, i guess, the first 63 teams are playing.
In the second leg new 63 teams. And so on.

That's the reason that someone of you isnt in the first leg, Ubi-Negitron correct me if i'am false.
And they fixxed bugs before we are get these. All good vibriations for me.

But why we use Google Docs? Why? WHY???

We have bonxy and my page where we can do some magic with html and css. We are here and we willing help:D

Anyway lets start this event :) i'm excited with my team "The Waterwheels"
http://i.imgur.com/MkUyW5X.jpg

PS.: credits to carterclem for his tutorial on waterwheels :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckEjx62Zj0

cheers

NeetjeNL
08-15-2017, 09:21 AM
NeetjeNL,
I am in your Flower Hills team, mate.
Altogether with USA-Mike_G-TFG, I hope he will push us up and upper : )
There are other players with rank 1 in the team.
I haven't checked if the other teams are mixed well with various ranked players.
I will do my best only after work : )
:highfive:
Next week I'm away for vacations, but I'm sure I'll get some runs. Will do my best to push LB!

@Dutscher, the OP says "The winning team would need to have the highest total score at the end of all 3 Legs combined!" It doesn't say that teams will be hussled during the event. I also believe thatt would be too much to handle for RL and is reaallly inviting bugs to come...
(Also, awesome Waterwheels graphic!)

KrazFTW
08-15-2017, 09:37 AM

I don't think so, because:

The winning team would need to have the highest total score at the end of all 3 Legs combined!

Because they were using google forms and they work with google docs, submiting a form actually creates an entry in spreadsheet which i guess they used to "randomly" pick the team members...

But anyway i can't say i am disappointed i feel more like ... sad ... i don't know ... they just didn't had to deal like this with their loyal and dedicated players which i am sure are not only from the top of the leaderboards...

Sure these players must be really dedicated. And i didn't even tried to lookup the info of all "random players... nothing personal just saying:

maxsw81 from team "Abandoned Mines" - 100,855,699 diamonds? he must be really dedicated to TF ...
Strongchico from team "Terror Towers" - 903,507 diamonds? he must be really dedicated to TF ...
angelo4ek89 from team "Widowmakers" - 35,957 diamonds? not sure here but still suspicious dedication to TF ...
Good luck to all participants in this event, do your best and let the better win.

dutscher-DE
08-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Yes you're right. I'm false with my optimism theory. Let's wait for the statement of RL.

But i think/hope they see their fault and everybody get part of the event.

cheers

CagBall
08-15-2017, 11:06 AM
It says we were selected on a "first come first serve basis". This is simply not true. I see plenty of people here who said they registered IMMEDIATELY after it was posted, and didn't get selected. I, however, didn't register until like 5 hours after I saw the post, and I got in. I don't even know if I saw the post the same day it was made on TFG. So someone is lying.

EDIT: I just checked my teammates on Bonxy. This is ridiculous lol. I have a teammate who has literally 0 time played in the game, 0 tracks, 0 medals, etc. I have a few others with very little playtime. Looks like a few who actually play. There are gonna be teams that have people who don't even play who just signed up to troll, and we have legit players who play this game every day who don't get to play. Nice.

I didn't register for about 1-2 days after the event registration opened. It definitely isn't first come first served. It's also quite annoying that a lot of the teams are made up by people who have barely played the game. I'm not saying that the teams should only include the elite players, just that players should be checked to see if they will actually contribute to the event. That said I am still quite hyped for the event.

Also - I'm concerned that since this is like the usual MC events, those people with ridiculous amounts of hacked gems (we know who you are) will have a massive advantage within the event!

That's the reason that someone of you isnt in the first leg, Ubi-Negitron correct me if i'am false.

I don't think that is right at all mate. I think each of the teams will play all three legs and those who didn't make the teams will not be playing in the championship. They will still be able to play the usual Midnight Circuit as usual though!

Bhgprox
08-15-2017, 11:59 AM

And they fixxed bugs before we are get these. All good vibriations for me.

We have bonxy and my page where we can do some magic with html and css. We are here and we willing help:D

Anyway lets start this event :) i'm excited with my team "The Waterwheels"

PS.: credits to carterclem for his tutorial on waterwheels :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckEjx62Zj0

cheers

nice banner, we definetely can win it :)

TheWarrior11757
08-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Hey godlesplay, you are in the Villaneous Hideouts team. Check carefully.😊😊
Regards,
TheWarrior11757

NeetjeNL
08-15-2017, 02:35 PM
It would be so awesome if RL for once actively (!) searches out cheaters. They're often sooo obvious. But then... what happens to the team? Is that planned ahead?

godlesplay
08-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Hey godlesplay, you are in the Villaneous Hideouts team. Check carefully.����
Regards,
TheWarrior11757

I checked before with ctrl+f and I didn't find mine id, maybe they added me?

Rocknrolll21
08-15-2017, 08:33 PM
I signed up on the last day but I was either too late or they didn't pick me. Oh well, I guess. My rival was picked though.

badem0n
08-16-2017, 01:22 AM
unbeliavable developers malfunction. registered for the event as soon as it was published. can't believe the worse game politic again. shame on you little toy heads.

dutscher-DE
08-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Yes today is the second event start day and we still hang in the unknown dark.

Maybe some light come to the bad wheater today :)

Let "The Waterwheels" win!

cheers

Noxamus
08-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Make sure you click in the spreadsheet before using ctrl+f, I didn't find my name at first either.

d34dstr0k3
08-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Absolutely not first come first serve, I signed up on the last day (thanks for the reminder xitooner) and I made the cut.

I apologise in advance to my team members for probably losing the desire to play this, given how much my time will probably be wasted watching video ads! :rolleyes:

Shouldn't this have started now?

stony3
08-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Damn I was hoping I got a spot, good luck to all those involved.

Reading through this topic, it's a shame to hear that there are inactive players selected for the event, especially considering the small number of competitors.

WickedRichy
08-17-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm on the list but when does the event start?

HU_HeroZero
08-17-2017, 10:28 AM
...when does the event start?

Nobody knows. I hope before midnight...:)

dutscher-DE
08-17-2017, 10:38 AM
facebook know's but no time mentioned, maybe 11 gmt+1 :)

https://www.facebook.com/trialsfrontier.game/photos/a.243501635816215.1073741828.241184409381271/875300055969700/?type=3

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/20841717_875300055969700_1399418984090153357_n.png ?oh=47a4282b32ae807551fea09d4c6cd521&oe=5A2033BD

cheers

Daaaaaante
08-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Waiting... waiting and waiting.... :nonchalance:

TheWarrior11757
08-17-2017, 12:29 PM
So the event started and the bugging too. I do not want to sound harsh or rude but as soon as I first raced and completed Icy Altar it showed me rank 1 in the world with 8 players having played the track. After that a message appeared "Failed to find an opponent". I restarted and still it showed the same message as well as the same number of players. Please fix this developers. I do not want to waste time due to this bug as I am in one of the teams too. Thanking you in anticipation..

negodyaeff
08-17-2017, 12:34 PM
So the event started and the bugging too. I do not want to sound harsh or rude but as soon as I first raced and completed Icy Altar it showed me rank 1 in the world with 8 players having played the track. After that a message appeared "Failed to find an opponent". I restarted and still it showed the same message as well as the same number of players. Please fix this developers. I do not want to waste time due to this bug as I am in one of the teams too. Thanking you in anticipation..
Just wait. Leaderboards are not updating that fast.

TheWarrior11757
08-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Thanks mate, the leaderboards have started working again..

KrazFTW
08-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Whats going on now? Are there still teams? Because, obviously, the MC started for everyone. Still, the rewards are going to be calculated as described in the first post? The rest, out of the privileged teams list, are going to receive the rewards as usual to MC?

dutscher-DE
08-17-2017, 01:54 PM
i've created a none google docs team list of the event!

http://trialstrackmap.sb-f.de/2017-midnightchamps.html

i think they take the result of the team their created and calculate the winner, not in game leaderboard for teams.

cheers

WickedRichy
08-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Oke so I can race now but I see my team nowhere. Will it be just like every other circuit but then an extra reward calculated outside of the game?

negodyaeff
08-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Oke so I can race now but I see my team nowhere.

You shouldn't see it. Just wait for 1st week to end and results will be published in this topic. This championship is not integrated into game.

WickedRichy
08-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Allright thx mate.

CHICKNDOG
08-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Really bummed to not be selected to the exclusive event even though I registered in the beginning. Would have been fun. Sure wish someone could explain how active players were not included.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-23-2017, 12:13 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d8/58/73/d85873f73a24081ae43c987c6cd6e63e.jpg

Papagreec78
08-23-2017, 01:41 PM
I got 9 golden tickets, a Yeti costume (just 1/3 of it) and i finished 125 in the world....!
i was scratching my head...."is that it???"

ViceMassacre
08-23-2017, 06:00 PM
I placed 299 top 1%... got a "Winter Paint Job for the Phantom" and a "Pumpkin Paint Job for the Mantis" as well as, "1 track piece" (wtf!?) and "5000 coins" (wtf!?) smh. I busted my hump for that. Sincerely, I'm not complaining but, it seems to me that they make a big deal out of being the top 1%. Shouldn't the rewards match? I mean top 1% out of almost 60,000 is pretty good I thought. Obtaining and retaining that 1% was difficult. Heck, I don't know. And what is a piece of a track? Haha! I literally have 17 tracks that I'm missing pieces to. LOL! Stupid. I can't even buy the remaining pieces to those tracks. Oh wait, one track I can buy the remaining pieces with gems. Duh! Again, LOL! Stupid. It's actually laughable. Hahaha! At least I didn't get pieces to an outfit as well. Things like these rewards aren't rewarding to consumers. They're frustrating and annoying. I suppose it could be worse. I support this game too. Financially that is. Too bad I can't be on the development team.

vorchezz
08-23-2017, 07:26 PM
ViceMassacre

Lack Luster. Hoopla.
I placed 299 top 1%... got a "Winter Paint Job for the Phantom" and a "Pumpkin Paint Job for the Mantis" as well as, "1 track piece" (wtf!?) and "5000 coins" (wtf!?) smh. I busted my hump for that. Sincerely, I'm not complaining but, it seems to me that they make a big deal out of being the top 1%. Shouldn't the rewards match? I mean top 1% out of almost 60,000 is pretty good I thought. Obtaining and retaining that 1% was difficult. Heck, I don't know. And what is a piece of a track? Haha! I literally have 17 tracks that I'm missing pieces to. LOL! Stupid. I can't even buy the remaining pieces to those tracks. Oh wait, one track I can buy the remaining pieces with gems. Duh! Again, LOL! Stupid. It's actually laughable. Hahaha! At least I didn't get pieces to an outfit as well. Things like these rewards aren't rewarding to consumers. They're frustrating and annoying. I suppose it could be worse. I support this game too. Financially that is. Too bad I can't be on the development team.

I am complaining. I placed 79th and got 15 golden tickets (5 ea x 3 slots), 5 gems, and 3 pistons (IV). The are outfits and tracks that I don't have or only have partials, and I can't even use gems to buy the rest of the track pieces or special event outfits. All of my bikes are fully upgraded (except Bandito which I'm missing some blueprint pieces and can't buy with gems) so I have zero use for the pistons. You'd think they would reward the top 1% better. But hey, the game is free and I've only put like $2 into it so I guess I'm complaining in futility.

ViceMassacre
08-23-2017, 08:45 PM
I am complaining. I placed 79th and got 15 golden tickets (5 ea x 3 slots), 5 gems, and 3 pistons (IV). The are outfits and tracks that I don't have or only have partials, and I can't even use gems to buy the rest of the track pieces or special event outfits. All of my bikes are fully upgraded (except Bandito which I'm missing some blueprint pieces and can't buy with gems) so I have zero use for the pistons. You'd think they would reward the top 1% better. But hey, the game is free and I've only put like $2 into it so I guess I'm complaining in futility.

You know what, I agree, understand, and actually I am complaining as well. I suppose I was being somewhat sarcastic. You're right, those that bust their butt to achieve the upper echelon of competition in this game should be better rewarded. There should also be ways we can obtain the remaining pieces to the partial tracks and partial costumes etc. we have, rather than some random giveaway. Complaints on most likely deaf ears. Suppose we shall see.

midax.82
08-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Finished in the top 5% I won a track (derailed).
I can't complain this time :D

ViceMassacre
08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Finished in the top 5% I won a track (derailed).
I can't complain this time :D

There is light at the end of the tunnel...

ViceMassacre
08-23-2017, 09:52 PM
http://www.nichequest.com/wp-content/uploads/Thief.jpg

Bonxy
08-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Hey guys,

I've finally released the Midnight Circuit team leaderboards.

http://trials.bonxy.net/teams

This is my own interpretation of the team scoring since RL have give no official method of scoring.

For all those who missed out on joining a team too, you can now request to join a team on my site and you will be randomly entered into a team with other riders.

You can request a team here - http://trials.bonxy.net/teams/join

Keep Riding Guys!

Sardius77-TFG
08-24-2017, 01:22 PM
I've finally released the Midnight Circuit team leaderboards.

http://trials.bonxy.net/teams

^^ THIS IS AMAZING!! Adding random teams is pretty cool, a really nice olive branch for those that weren't chosen. Added benefit is that all those random players won't be disappointed by the rewards they don't get :D

Ubi-Negitron
08-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Hi Riders, check out the list of teams (ranked) in the Midnight Championship from Leg 1 of Midnight Circuit, right here - http://bit.ly/midnightchampleg1

We've also balanced scores for several teams that had 1 or 2 riders who did not participate in Leg 1 of the Championship.

PS - Bonxy, thanks for the early announcement!

billock11
08-24-2017, 03:30 PM
I am a little curious why my time is shown as 26.86 when my actual time was 17.704... Causing my team to be in second to last place. Does this have something to do with the teams being balanced?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-24-2017, 03:38 PM
I am a little curious why my time is shown as 26.86 when my actual time was 17.704... Causing my team to be in second to last place. Does this have something to do with the teams being balanced?

http://i.imgur.com/KEqoLuI.jpg

xitooner
08-24-2017, 05:32 PM

Your 17.704 time generated within this event? Because your time doesnt count if run outside the event itself (ie directly on the track). I dont know why RL didnt get your time right.. but I can tell you that 26.86 is the number RL is using as the "default time" used for players who did not play/have a score. There were two people on my team who got that score as well (and they did not have a time beforehand under Bonxys web pages for the event) and I have seen it on other teams as well.

This "default" score is what RL meant above when they said: "We've also balanced scores for several teams that had 1 or 2 riders who did not participate in Leg 1 of the Championship." They gave the non-players a score in order to allow them to sum the total team score more accurately.

NeetjeNL
08-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi Riders, check out the list of teams (ranked) in the Midnight Championship from Leg 1 of Midnight Circuit, right here - http://bit.ly/midnightchampleg1

We've also balanced scores for several teams that had 1 or 2 riders who did not participate in Leg 1 of the Championship.

PS - Bonxy, thanks for the early announcement!
Thanks Ubi!

Can't there be done something different to balance scores? Adding a 26 sec score per non player pulls teams down a lot. My suggestion is to not count the lowest two scores in every team. That way I think every team is treated equally fair. We may expect that at least 8 players in each team do their best to set a good score...

LoadexCA
08-24-2017, 07:30 PM

You are not alone to have this time. If you look at the times in other teams, many other players have 26.86 as their time. Which seems to be some kind of default or something because times should have milliseconds.
I have 2 players with this exact time in my team as well. This really pull down the general team score.

j.pan
08-24-2017, 08:17 PM
@Bonxy: Nice MC Leaderboard, but i don't get y'r scores. RL leaderboard just adds all team riders times, and best team time wins. Not so good for my team, but logic to me. Do you include the times from all tracks a rider ever rode?

Regards to all riders, specially to my team "The Aqueducts" (http://trials.bonxy.net/teams/34/The+Aqueducts). Well done iOS riders, congrats SmileyJ-TFG for sub 18 time! Team mates, go to hold on for android reputation :o

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh534/jay_pan/AqueductRj_zps3hlngss9.jpg (http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/jay_pan/media/AqueductRj_zps3hlngss9.jpg.html)

billock11
08-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks for looking into this but it does look like this is a RL error. I did run the event just like everyone else and got to rank #21 on Android. Even Bronxy picked up my correct time... if you would like to check for yourself, I am on the Open Jaw Bogs team (Billock11).

Bonxy
08-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Billock11 is right. In the event he ran a 17.682 in the event - http://trials.bonxy.net/teams/34/Open+Jaw+Bogs yet got issued with a time penalty of 26.86 ?

Margonem10029 is another user who has been effected. In the event he ran a 17.704 in the event - http://trials.bonxy.net/teams/34/Cave+Dwellers yet got issued with a time penalty of 26.86 ?

There is more riders out there to who have been issued with a penalty when they set a legit time. :(

@Bonxy: Nice MC Leaderboard, but i don't get y'r scores. RL leaderboard just adds all team riders times, and best team time wins. Not so good for my team, but logic to me. Do you include the times from all tracks a rider ever rode?

Your score is calculated simply.

360,000 minus the time you rode on the track.

For instance (360000-18762)

Thats the easiest and fairest way of doing it. If you didnt ride, you didnt get any points.

Simple as that.

kamilus26
08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Well, it's nice to see that there's a team ranking, but it's kinda sucks when you see that your team (Lost Descents) could easily be in top 3-5 if all of players participate...

Bonxy
08-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Well, it's nice to see that there's a team ranking, but it's kinda sucks when you see that your team (Lost Descents) could easily be in top 3-5 if all of players participate...

It is unfortunate since there is a lot of riders who missed out on joining any team! :(

billock11
08-25-2017, 04:36 PM
If they do team based play again, I would probably prefer a scoring method more like cross country running... Have maybe 10 or 15 people per team but only the top 7 scores count. That way the most number of people can participate without any one individual dragging down the team. At the same time, almost anyone but the most beginner players will be able to climb to the top 50-70% of their team(with some effort) so no one on a team should feel left out.

j.pan
08-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Your score is calculated simply.
360,000 minus the time you rode on the track.
For instance (360000-18762)
Thats the easiest and fairest way of doing it. If you didnt ride, you didnt get any points.

? Seems i go braindead :o In y'r rank system the best team is the team with lowest minus from 360000.
If i don't ride, than there is nothing to subtract, and i stay at 360000; or do you subtract a "norm time" for no riding?

What i try to find out(failing) is, why are The Aqueducts on your LB rank 12(not so bad :cool:), but on RL LB rank 38?

d34dstr0k3
08-26-2017, 11:22 AM
If they do team based play again, I would probably prefer a scoring method more like cross country running... Have maybe 10 or 15 people per team but only the top 7 scores count. That way the most number of people can participate without any one individual dragging down the team. At the same time, almost anyone but the most beginner players will be able to climb to the top 50-70% of their team(with some effort) so no one on a team should feel left out.

Agree with this, it's the fairest way and makes so much more sense. They can still apply it to this one too if they wanted.

kamilus26
08-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Great idea guys, they should do it as soon as possible to assure the fair results. They may count even only 5 best scores, not 7, it's just a matter to check how many players aren't participating. It'd still be the team competition, but at least every team would have the same chance to win.

WickedRichy
08-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Nice being in a team with 3 people who dont do ****. Our team is now places 60th.... There should be a way to filter out the people who don;t participate to make the end results fair.

KrazFTW
08-27-2017, 04:53 PM
I could take one of those wildcards, which they mention ... but i guess there is something unannounced behind their intentions. Sadly they are not giving much info about that tournament of Champions ...

badem0n
08-30-2017, 01:14 AM
i only understand "railway station" in here. there's no champignon ship event in my hometown. starting a bunker match now...

Bonxy
08-30-2017, 06:57 AM
i only understand "railway station" in here. there's no champignon ship event in my hometown. starting a bunker match now...

This championship won't show in game.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
09-04-2017, 12:46 PM
finally it ended

rip worst event ever

d34dstr0k3
09-04-2017, 09:51 PM
finally it ended

rip worst event ever

this is in no way the worst event ever for the simple reason that no grind or needing to play at specific times was required.

execution? yeah, not the best.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
09-05-2017, 10:51 AM
this is in no way the worst event ever for the simple reason that no grind or needing to play at specific times was required.

execution? yeah, not the best.

for me it was, as it was basically midnight circus round #564871

i'd rather have some grind on a new event than playing the same one over and over again (even the rewards are the same since like forever)

yeah, it had some new things (or was supposed to), but............................................

TEAMS - what teams? a bunch of names on a spreadsheet? there was no interaction between team partners at all for 90% of the people. and the ones that had some, needed some 3rd party thingy to have it - i.e. the forum or TFG group or morse code smoke signs. there was no teams leaderboard, there was nothing! everyone played on their own and in the end, with some luck ubilynx didn't mess up the maths and maybe the right team won

COMMUNICATION - they f'd up the event before it even started. they LIED to us! that killed any buzz there could possibly be about this event. i've been playing for 3 years or so, and for the first time, decided NOT to play an event, no matter how good or bad, how grindy or relaxed...

SELECTION - they selected a ton of non-players screwing most of the teams chances of doing any nice result at all, leaving another ton of active players out of it in the process, who knows why

so, yeah, worst event ever and biggest middle finger shown to players ever as well. IMO :mad:

Ubi-Negitron
09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Hi xUBILYNXrLIARSx, this was the first time we tried to figure a way to get Trials Frontier players to race in teams. We'll take your suggestions with a pinch of salt, and hopefully the next time around, we'll be able to accomodate every one who's willing to participate and have players make their own teams. :)

Ubi-Negitron
09-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone,

A huge Thank You to each one of you who entered the Midnight Championship, participated (or didn’t!) and raced through all 3 weeks of the Championship. It was great to see your enthusiasm before the Championship had even started, and it was the first time we did a team-based Championship in Trials Frontier!

We’ve seen a lot of you race and get amazing times on the 3 Legs of the Midnight Championship, and we’ve also learned a few things along the way - the next time we do somthing similar, we’ll try our best to have all of you enter the Championship, make it easier for you to communicate with each other, and possibly have you choose your own team-mates (the jury's out on this one!). Nonetheless, we had an exasperating 3 weeks, and now it's time for the results!

Here are the results of the Midnight Championship!

The 3 winning Teams are -

Rank 1 - Vagrant Camps
Rank 2 - Cave Dwellers
Rank 3 - The Tanktops

You can see the full list of ranked Teams on this link - www.bit.ly/midnightchampions

The top 3 Riders in Each Team are -

1. Kneepsteegje (Vagrant Camps)
2. abhinav_22 ( Cave Dwellers)
3. WonkyJon-TFG (The Tanktops)

The Wild Card Winners are -
JPN-Yoshiki-TGG
DMac3221
Surf-tiki_TFG

Also, a special mention to 10 players with the fastest times in all 3 Legs of the Midnight Championship!
These guys are -

GTdave - 61.829
ImNesox - 62.335
NOR-Nicolai-TFG - 62.701
VaNa91- 62.739
CN-_-RogerLee - 62.741
BaDBoY53-TFG - 62.936
Sl1mboy84.T3F - 63.065
USA-Mike_G-TFG - 63.139
RU-DarkNex-TFG - 63.238
HeaverBeaver115 - 63.363

WonkyJon-TFG
09-05-2017, 05:34 PM
and have players make their own teams. :)

Yikes!
That's end up being TFG, FR, RU creating the fastest teams then. Personally I think mixing it up a bit makes it more interesting (it'll never be 'fair', so I wouldn't worry too much about that other than an attempt to spread the skill level across teams as you did this time round)

DMac3221
09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Woo Hoo! Wild Card Winner! Thanks for the honor! Can't wait to find out what the reward is!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
09-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Woo Hoo! Wild Card Winner! Thanks for the honor! Can't wait to find out what the reward is!

mostly deserved! :D checking on your mining poems was the only good thing about these 3 weeks

hope you don't get an outfit you already have

DMac3221
09-06-2017, 02:02 PM
mostly deserved! :D checking on your mining poems was the only good thing about these 3 weeks

hope you don't get an outfit you already have

Thanks for the compliment but if my poetry was the best part we're in trouble!

kamilus26
09-06-2017, 07:14 PM
@Ubi-Negitron

What about a very special 'gift' for people that took signed up for event, but didn't even play a single race, for instance a few months ban?

CaptainWeelie
09-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Hello Riders,

Congratulations on winning the Midnight Championship! Your team spirit has been commendable! :)

To give you your rewards, we’ll need the following information from you –

Please PM me with the following details –

--Your Ubisoft account ID (In-game nick)
--Your device Platform
--The details mentioned below

@Vagrant Camps -
1) 1 Track of your choice
2) 1 Paintjob of your choice

@Cave Dwellers –
1) Paintjob of your choice

@Kneepsteegje, abhinav_22, WonkyJon-TFG –
1) 1 track of your choice

@JPN-Yoshiki-TGG/ DMAc/Surf_tiki – we’ll message you separately :)

We hope to hear from you as soon as possible!

PS - Whenever the save prompt appears, don’t forget to choose ‘Server Save’ or you’d miss out on your rewards!

DMac3221
09-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Patiently waiting to find out what the Wild Cards won. Only clue is, "It's so good, it can't be mentioned here!" What could it be?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
09-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Patiently waiting to find out what the Wild Cards won. Only clue is, "It's so good, it can't be mentioned here!" What could it be?

no news yet?

it's been the most exciting thing in the frontier for a long time :D

j.pan
09-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Other thing of interest for me is, were these wrong "default times" fixed before MC ending?
Original Post from Bonxy:
"Billock11 is right. In the event he ran a 17.682 in the event - http://trials.bonxy.net/teams/34/Open+Jaw+Bogs yet got issued with a time penalty of 26.86 ?"

DMac3221
09-26-2017, 03:42 AM
no news yet?

it's been the most exciting thing in the frontier for a long time :D

Nothing yet. I'm starting to think that, "it's too good to mention", means it can't be mentioned........like ever! Seems to be a catch 22 that I'm not sure how to get around!

NeetjeNL
09-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Leg 2 result of current MC. Now this is worth a *drumroll!*
Finished top 1% and got FULL Acid Bath (of which I already got 5 pieces, unusual to get full track, let alone as MC reward) plus one piece of Dark Smoke.

Has RL improved rewards for everyone?

godlesplay
09-27-2017, 01:11 PM
@NeetjeNL I was in top 10% and won one piece of track but I don't know which because I too fast clicked OK :D

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Nothing yet. I'm starting to think that, "it's too good to mention", means it can't be mentioned........like ever! Seems to be a catch 22 that I'm not sure how to get around!

ever ever never?

DMac3221
10-03-2017, 07:26 PM
ever ever never?

It's starting to sound like a Taylor Swift concert in here!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-26-2017, 04:57 PM
It's starting to sound like a Taylor Swift concert in here!

Taylor Swift may stop singing sooner than you get your prize :cool: