View Full Version : State of the Game August 3rd, 2017

08-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

Last week on State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-297062-16/state-of-the-game-july-27th-2017), Community Developer Yannick Banchereau was joined by Massive Game Designer Matthew Higby to review the Encrypted Cache system and fragment keys.

This week, Community Developer Hamish Bode has returned for a quick discussion with Yannick on Classified gear drop changes and the ongoing investigation on latency issues.

If you weren't able to catch the stream on Twitch, make sure to check out the VoD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164123166).


PTS3 closed this week, and we want to thank everyone again who participated in the testing! As of right now, balancing tweaks and fixes have been sent for certification, and everything’s on schedule.

Classified caches earned from Global Events have been improved to drop two items every time. The drop rates are as follows: a 45% chance for a Classified gear item, a 43.5% chance for a normal gear set item, and an 11.5% chance for an Exotic. There is also a 12.5% chance to earn an additional third item, with a 90% chance it’ll be a Classified item and a 10% chance it’ll be Exotic.

The first Global Event, Outbreak, will be available when Update 1.7 is live, plus or minus an hour or two. The available Classified sets from this event are Deadeye, Final Measure, and Lone Star. Based on player feedback, Outbreak’s Contamination has been tuned down as well. Don’t forget the NinjaBike Backpack is in the general loot pool for 1.7.

The previous SASG shotgun changes from PTS3 will make it into 1.7, but no more changes are scheduled at the moment. We are still monitoring shotguns with Cronusmax in mind, and we want to remind players that we acknowledge this as one of the current issues.

We are doing in-depth investigations to identify causes of in-game lag. We are hoping to address specific examples on next week’s State of the Game after more investigation, so keep the feedback rolling.


Update 1.7 set to release mid-August, but we’ll have a concrete release date next week. Livestreams will be returning next week as well, and we’re hoping to make them more accessible for our playerbase!

As always, be sure to join us over on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?) or on the community Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/) if you’re looking for a place to discuss all things related to The Division.

Until next time!

The Division Dev Team