PDA

View Full Version : Release the new heroes before the season. Ubi read

SplugeKing
08-03-2017, 09:39 PM
It's really an unfair advantage to release them at the beginning of the season. 1. People without the season pass will have no experience against them. But more importantly 2. You need to sort out the bugs that will certainly come with the release

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 09:42 PM
You're able to practice against them in custom mode, I have season pass and whether I take any of the new ones on or not I will be fighting with and against them there before I go anywhere near PVP to see what I am dealing with.

SikanderAzam
08-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Just save up a bunch of steal before release. Without buying any, I have something like 20,000 steel right now just from play a couple games per day and being sure to knock out the contracts. I'll be sure to blow it all on one of the new guys and exploit him mercilessly for the first couple weeks until he gets nerfed or people figure out how to adapt... Or, for the entirety of season 3 if history repeats itself. Unless they fix Valk's weakness, then I'll keep using Valk.

SplugeKing
08-03-2017, 11:15 PM
You're able to practice against them in custom mode, I have season pass and whether I take any of the new ones on or not I will be fighting with and against them there before I go anywhere near PVP to see what I am dealing with.

Yes you can practice against them but a level 3 bot is about as good as an average player at best

SplugeKing
08-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Just save up a bunch of steal before release. Without buying any, I have something like 20,000 steel right now just from play a couple games per day and being sure to knock out the contracts. I'll be sure to blow it all on one of the new guys and exploit him mercilessly for the first couple weeks until he gets nerfed or people figure out how to adapt... Or, for the entirety of season 3 if history repeats itself. Unless they fix Valk's weakness, then I'll keep using Valk.

I plan on it. Can't wait for my new Viking hero

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 11:38 PM
It's really an unfair advantage to release them at the beginning of the season. 1. People without the season pass will have no experience against them. But more importantly 2. You need to sort out the bugs that will certainly come with the release

The reason we give the new heroes early to season pass holders is because they purchased the season pass, and this is one of the perks of being a season pass owner.
Overall, it's only an extra week ahead of time before non-season pass holders can unlock the new heroes, and in the meantime you can always test them out in training mode too.

SplugeKing
08-04-2017, 03:06 PM
The reason we give the new heroes early to season pass holders is because they purchased the season pass, and this is one of the perks of being a season pass owner.
Overall, it's only an extra week ahead of time before non-season pass holders can unlock the new heroes, and in the meantime you can always test them out in training mode too.

I understand that but they should be released
Before the start of the season for faction war reasons and in case they have bugs

SplugeKing
08-04-2017, 06:08 PM
It would give the community time to practice so by the time the season rolls around we're not stuck with our thumbs up our buts

UbiNoty
08-05-2017, 12:08 AM
Well, nobody will be able to access them before the actual start of the season. And while your concerns are understandable, we'd also like to try to keep a few new things as a surprise. That being said, now that we've begun making a point of using the PT as a testing environment, perhaps we can plan for a hero PT in future DLCs, but we just don't have enough time to do something like this before S3 starts (which is in less than 2 weeks)

Trbevis
08-05-2017, 01:23 AM
You cant moan about the season pass advantage, its like the only perk of the season pass haha id like at least a extra salavage pack a month or something, would be nice.
Another thing im hoping to get a response on by ubinoty or any of the other team, judging by the size of the season 2 update i severely hoping we can start downloading it a day or two before, it might not be an issue to everybody but my internet download speed is not the greatest, and last season i couldnt even play it till the end of the week :(

UbiNoty
08-05-2017, 01:32 AM
You cant moan about the season pass advantage, its like the only perk of the season pass haha id like at least a extra salavage pack a month or something, would be nice.
Another thing im hoping to get a response on by ubinoty or any of the other team, judging by the size of the season 2 update i severely hoping we can start downloading it a day or two before, it might not be an issue to everybody but my internet download speed is not the greatest, and last season i couldnt even play it till the end of the week :(

Usually if it's something like an actual download (like on release, or something like a beta, alpha, tech test, PT, etc) you can pre-download.

But since this is in the category of an title update, we'll be taking everything down for maintenance to roll out the update to everyone. Once the maintenance is over, you'll just go through the usual update process, and then you'll be able to play.

I don't know how big the update will be, but if you're having problems downloading it maybe it would be helpful to ask support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) for some advice. Perhaps something is bottlenecking you DL speeds or we can help you give it a bit of a boost so that the S3 update and future updates don't take so long.

SplugeKing
08-05-2017, 02:14 AM

It came across that way but what I meant was we should be able to practice against the heroes before the season starts

Trbevis
08-05-2017, 07:59 AM
What a pain. It will probably be bigger then season 2 update, they are ridiculous sizes for dlc, but i would rather that, it will have more content, just extremely annoying that it takes me soo long and conpletely wastes my week early of new heroes.

Tyrjo
08-05-2017, 07:59 AM
It came across that way but what I meant was we should be able to practice against the heroes before the season starts

To contradict your points. No season pass holder is able to practice WITH the new heroes either, so it's all status quo. They will be as green playing them as you will be playing against them. :)

RatedChaotic
08-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Yes you can practice against them but a level 3 bot is about as good as an average player at best

Wish I would run into those guys.

CandleInTheDark
08-05-2017, 04:22 PM
To contradict your points. No season pass holder is able to practice WITH the new heroes either, so it's all status quo. They will be as green playing them as you will be playing against them. :)

Yeah this is what doesn't get me about these complaints. I spent over an hour with the shinobi before taking it into pvp, sure he was new to everyone I came up against but they had the same opportunity to practice against him, if you jump right into pvp without at least facing the bots like nothing changed, you're going to run into people like me who know how to use the characters better than you know how to face them.

SplugeKing
08-06-2017, 06:35 AM

They can practice before going into real games

SplugeKing
08-06-2017, 06:37 AM

Yeah this is what doesn't get me about these complaints. I spent over an hour with the shinobi before taking it into pvp, sure he was new to everyone I came up against but they had the same opportunity to practice against him, if you jump right into pvp without at least facing the bots like nothing changed, you're going to run into people like me who know how to use the characters better than you know how to face them.

Practicing with him is just a little different than practicing against him