PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Confusion

Ogresan2017
08-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Wait, I thought Cent was getting nerfed this update? What happened? And has everyone given up *****ing about it? I mean, I play one, and even I think he wrecks the game. Oh well, back to destroying 4v4.

brashtralas
08-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Start of the next season. And, if what's been relayed here is true, you'll scarcely notice the difference when playing as a centurion.

Supposedly it's simply diminished returns on CC when two or more CENTURIONS are on the same team.

Frankly, if you pin and then knock down an opponent while they're fighting more than one person, they're not getting up. It's over for them.

Guess we will see.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 10:50 PM
If you noticed the summary he's getting nerfed in 4v4.
His 1v1 is underwhelming. and the only "issue" that can be seen as close to OP is his light parry punish.
Which once the parry changes go live he shouldn't be able to do.

We also haven't seen the full patch notes yet.
And there are a bunch of hero specific changes meant to go along side the ptr changes we just got done testing.
so they deff didn't forget. just gotta be a bit more patient.

SikanderAzam
08-03-2017, 11:08 PM
If you noticed the summary he's getting nerfed in 4v4.
His 1v1 is underwhelming. and the only "issue" that can be seen as close to OP is his light parry punish.
Which once the parry changes go live he shouldn't be able to do.

We also haven't seen the full patch notes yet.
And there are a bunch of hero specific changes meant to go along side the ptr changes we just got done testing.
so they deff didn't forget. just gotta be a bit more patient.

If I whiff anything, he parries anything, he blocks one or my heavies or top lights, the punishment is enough to bring me to a bar of health. The only reason he's only OP and not absurdly OP in 1v1 as opposed to 4v4 is if I see him in a 1v1 situation I can just run away or leave.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 11:28 PM
If I whiff anything, he parries anything, he blocks one or my heavies or top lights, the punishment is enough to bring me to a bar of health. The only reason he's only OP and not absurdly OP in 1v1 as opposed to 4v4 is if I see him in a 1v1 situation I can just run away or leave.

Sorry but as a centurion main I can't agree. When I duel competent players in 1v1 it's extremely difficult for me to do anything. (I play aggressively and not reactionary.)

My kick is basically useless. And the heavy after a kick wether the kick whiffs or connects isn't guaranteed.
My jump heavy is too telegraphed and is parried. and even if it's not parried if I miss and the person is right next to me I can be GBed on a whiff and it's not CGBable.
the grab after any light is too easily CGbed. never works. even if I do land it I get no confirmable damage off of it. Nor can I use it to direct where I want someone to go.

All it's good for if it lands is to splat someone on a wall or throw someone on the ground if they are OOS. but I can do both from different ways a lot easier.
My hard feint is too awkward to actually use. and my zone is not cancelable. My lights are incredibly telegraphed and often get parried.

The only 2 things centurion has on live is his light parry punish (which I want gone) and his charge heavy soft feinting with GB game.

Problem is doing that mix up from neutral is countered easily. Regardless of when I choose to let the heavy fly it's got enough start up to it that you can stand and wait to parry. and if I mix it into my GB via soft feint you'll just CGB it because we're both standing at neutral.

Centurion has no reliable way in on someone who turtles. Period. And he only comes off as strong because a lot of centurions play reactionary. and turtle up.

The only reason he's not dumpster fire in 1v1 is because of how strong his punishes can potentially be. But since he lacks an in and only has really one viable move (being his heavy) he's no where close to being OP. let alone top tier in a 1v1.

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 11:45 PM
We haven't released the full patch notes yet but we are working on alleviating the 4v4 centurion issues. Like a few of you have brought up, we're trying out ways to minimize cc-stacking so that if you're caught you have a chance to get away without being stunlocked forever.

It's a process that we're trying to take a step at a time because minimizing centurion's power in 4v4 without making him inviable in duels requires more thought and problem-solving than a straight up nerf.

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 12:20 AM
We haven't released the full patch notes yet but we are working on alleviating the 4v4 centurion issues. Like a few of you have brought up, we're trying out ways to minimize cc-stacking so that if you're caught you have a chance to get away without being stunlocked forever.

It's a process that we're trying to take a step at a time because minimizing centurion's power in 4v4 without making him inviable in duels requires more thought and problem-solving than a straight up nerf.

A process? A whole season went by WTIHOUT ABSOLUTELY ANY CHANGE. That's not a process, that's 'not giving a ****'.

Also I laughed hard at the guy trying to defend his main centurion by saying his lights are extremely telegraphed and easily parried.
His light is as fast as PK, so dam slow right?? *** his lights, his heavies are faster than lights of most characters, and not just in ms; but also in terms of which connects first if both players use attacks at same time. His heavy beats nobushi light.

But he is weak lol.

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 12:30 AM
We made a number of changes to centurion in 1.08.02 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-294574-16/live-update-v10802) (all centurion nerfs) and a slight fix to his pin in 1.09. So I wouldn't call that no change.

No, we didn't absolutely nerf him into the grave like I'm sure some of you would have loved to see, because we have to be reasonable and thoughtful when we try to make balance changes. So we're doing our best to find good solutions and answers to a complicated problem.

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 12:46 AM
We made a number of changes to centurion in 1.08.02 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-294574-16/live-update-v10802) (all centurion nerfs) and a slight fix to his pin in 1.09. So I wouldn't call that no change.

No, we didn't absolutely nerf him into the grave like I'm sure some of you would have loved to see, because we have to be reasonable and thoughtful when we try to make balance changes. So we're doing our best to find good solutions and answers to a complicated problem.

Those are BUG FIXES that should have never been in the game, and you gave a 0-200ms to his infinite wall combo. Those things never should have passed into live game in the first place.

So, NO there were NO ACTUAL CHANGES AT ALL. He has been the cancer of 4v4 ever since S2 release and you guys absolutely have done NOTHING to address it.

To add more onto your complicated problem: People suggested amazing solutions since week one, which all of them were ignored. I can off the top off my head count several that will fix 4v4 cancer without touching 1v1 at all;

- Hitting a pinned opponent breaks them free
- Charged Heavies do not pin opponents locked onto someone else
- Centurions can only jump on opponents they knocked down themselves
- Hitting a unbalancing enemy from fully charged jab (during fall animation) breaks them free

There you go, pick any one or two and whole centurion B.S. is fixed without absolutely no change to his 1v1. And no it is not complicated at all.

Knight_Raime
08-04-2017, 01:12 AM
A process? A whole season went by WTIHOUT ABSOLUTELY ANY CHANGE. That's not a process, that's 'not giving a ****'.

Also I laughed hard at the guy trying to defend his main centurion by saying his lights are extremely telegraphed and easily parried.
His light is as fast as PK, so dam slow right?? *** his lights, his heavies are faster than lights of most characters, and not just in ms; but also in terms of which connects first if both players use attacks at same time. His heavy beats nobushi light.

But he is weak lol.

You realize according to the english language stating no change as an absolute and then given evidence that there was changes doesn't work right? He factually has changed. Just not in the way you want him to. That doesn't give you the right to act the way you're acting. Nor give your position any credit.

You can call it defending. It's still facts either way. and i'm not opposed to him being nerfed either.
Speed isnt the entire deciding factor in a telegraphed attack. The animation length and the type of animation are also factors.

Pk's light is an underhanded stab. it has barely any animation to it. and the animation itself is rather short. hence the difficulty.
That's why valk's lights are also difficult to handle. her lights are slower than pk's by 100ms if I remember right. maybe slower. yet most people struggle to block/parry it due to the fact that it's a jab. that's not very telegraphed.

Centurion on the other hand while having the same attack speed on his light as a pk has a much lengthier animation. He swings it our from his side or top to the center of his target. covering a wide area. because the animation is like this people see it easier. and thus react to it better. Which is why his lights are basically useless against a competent player.

His heavies being faster than most lights really doesn't mean much when 1) it's the weakest heavy hit in the game tied with I believe one other person. (and charging only adds 5 damage.) and 2) it's also pretty telegraphed.

You posted nothing to refute my points. and instead acted like a child. bravo.

Also just to rub a bit more salt in besides all the bug fixes they made they also:
~increased the cost of his kick
~got rid of the unlimited combo outside of someone being stuck in a corner.
~if his kick connected on launch he got a heavy that you couldn't counter. that got removed.

and they are going to be nerfing his CC (which is the main complaint in 4v4) when working with other centurions. So they deffinitely have been working at him. and they've given no indications that the changes we heard from today were the last changes he was getting.

Rugbydude322
08-04-2017, 02:23 AM
I've actually stopped playing cent at rep 2, because it literally felt like stepping into easy mode. he's like an offensive LB that can stunlock you before you can blink.

Linnix1
08-04-2017, 02:37 AM
Nerfed his cc chaining. But remember they buffed OOS so does it even matter if they did nerf his returns

kweassa1
08-04-2017, 03:33 AM
I've actually stopped playing cent at rep 2, because it literally felt like stepping into easy mode. he's like an offensive LB that can stunlock you before you can blink.

Things that only happen to lazy people that don't know for shi* what centurion chains are made of. :rolleyes:

Guaranteed combos only come off certain situations, and those situations always have counter points prior to it. Getting "stunlocked" simply means you can't block, parry, dodge worth a dang because you don't have a clue as to what or when to block, parry, or dodge cent moves.

The only thing that makes the cent "OP" is you guys and your unwillingness to do anything about it. Just a week or two of playing the centurion for yourselves, and dueling/practicing both against the cent and AS a cent would almost certainly remedy the situations you lazy arse whiners at -- but of course, you don't want to take the effort, do you. :rolleyes:

brashtralas
08-04-2017, 03:41 AM
You realize according to the english language stating no change as an absolute and then given evidence that there was changes doesn't work right? He factually has changed. Just not in the way you want him to. That doesn't give you the right to act the way you're acting. Nor give your position any credit.

You can call it defending. It's still facts either way. and i'm not opposed to him being nerfed either.
Speed isnt the entire deciding factor in a telegraphed attack. The animation length and the type of animation are also factors.

Pk's light is an underhanded stab. it has barely any animation to it. and the animation itself is rather short. hence the difficulty.
That's why valk's lights are also difficult to handle. her lights are slower than pk's by 100ms if I remember right. maybe slower. yet most people struggle to block/parry it due to the fact that it's a jab. that's not very telegraphed.

Centurion on the other hand while having the same attack speed on his light as a pk has a much lengthier animation. He swings it our from his side or top to the center of his target. covering a wide area. because the animation is like this people see it easier. and thus react to it better. Which is why his lights are basically useless against a competent player.

His heavies being faster than most lights really doesn't mean much when 1) it's the weakest heavy hit in the game tied with I believe one other person. (and charging only adds 5 damage.) and 2) it's also pretty telegraphed.

You posted nothing to refute my points. and instead acted like a child. bravo.

Also just to rub a bit more salt in besides all the bug fixes they made they also:
~increased the cost of his kick
~got rid of the unlimited combo outside of someone being stuck in a corner.
~if his kick connected on launch he got a heavy that you couldn't counter. that got removed.

and they are going to be nerfing his CC (which is the main complaint in 4v4) when working with other centurions. So they deffinitely have been working at him. and they've given no indications that the changes we heard from today were the last changes he was getting.

They're changing his cc by giving diminishing returns when more than one centurion pins/kicks/punches you more than once. That's according to a couple of the community managers.

So not at all, in other words.

SenBotsu893
08-04-2017, 03:46 AM
lol removing unintended behaviour is not a nerf its called a bug fix....

cent has not yet received a proper nerf with the pretense of not ruining him in duels.
but its no proplem to simply flat out nerf the shinobi even though he poses no threat to players because he is a 2 hit kill.

i fail to see the logic here

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 05:04 AM
Things that only happen to lazy people that don't know for shi* what centurion chains are made of. :rolleyes:

Guaranteed combos only come off certain situations, and those situations always have counter points prior to it. Getting "stunlocked" simply means you can't block, parry, dodge worth a dang because you don't have a clue as to what or when to block, parry, or dodge cent moves.

The only thing that makes the cent "OP" is you guys and your unwillingness to do anything about it. Just a week or two of playing the centurion for yourselves, and dueling/practicing both against the cent and AS a cent would almost certainly remedy the situations you lazy arse whiners at -- but of course, you don't want to take the effort, do you. :rolleyes:

I am kind of happy that you pointed that out, really. Thank you!

Thank you for pointing out that Centurion, ONLY CENTURION requires the kind of special care just to be able to vs him. No other hero, no OG heroes, require the kind of special treatment he demands, and neither does Shinobi. ONLY CENTURION requires you to spend weeks on practice VS HIM and AS HIM.

When there is such disparity between requirements to vs characters, it is the literal definition of IMBALANCE.

BudgetParrot118
08-04-2017, 05:43 AM
What do you mean difficult in deals in duels I get f****** slaughtered because his response time is insane and mainly because he can follow up a stun some f****** how and that stun is abused absurdly.

Don't tell me you have a hard time with Centurion I honestly do not believe that b******* at all.

He needs to be nerfed all the f****** way around because his moves are just f****** insane compared to every other character.
Tracking hits which used in the middle of a combo even if you got out of it and he missed you the whole f****** way when he hit you with that it starts the f****** combo
The stun the punching the kicking the grabbing Again part of the combo to where a character can f****** continually just keep beating the s*** out of you the whole match and even when the combos done you're so f*** from stamina when you stand back up you just get f****** killed to be honest sounds like you don't know how to play centurion.

And the fact that you're getting a response from a developer and the developer is saying they don't want to nurse him in duels but that's f****** insane.

Again when he's out of stamina what's your f****** justification for him to be so fast? He's made one V one's unplayable.

I don't mind getting my *** whooped by somebody that faints and does all the things in the middle of a balance battle and he'll even in this hypothetical scenario which is happened before hell I just got one hit in because the person playing was so good at faking and also managing their attacks.

Again I don't mind that at all but to have a character that gets you stun locked and with his Myriad of other f****** b******* overpowered moves and overpowered comes from not everybody has such a wide variety of I guess you could call it buffed attacks to where they are limited with f****** maybe two options whereas Centurion has infinite as well he also has a pretty forgiving time frame when it comes to slinging out a b******* combo even if it's not part of the combo his attack is so f****** fast it looks like it's part of a legit combo.

I am going to respectfully request that you either bring everybody up to his level or knock him down I fail to see the gene pool my loyalty and dedication is game only goes so far and what I mean by that right now and least in my region I strictly have to f****** pray and hope to God that I either don't get hit with spammers such as Berserker Zone attacks and people that exclusively pick Raiders for their team or hope to God I don't run into Centurion

This is so depressing I mean is there some f****** magical move that I'm missing or something to wear cuz I fought Centurion a lot hell I fought him before all the Buffs. I guess the reasoning for my lengthy post though is the fact that we have a Ubisoft employee that's a developer and in your words you just basically said you have no reason or desire to change him and Duels is that because he's being picked so much.
Because the answer there is you f****** buffed him up so much the God damn game is practically unplayable unless you have Centurion so if somebody beats you with some Centurion the next match you can choose Centurion but that's not a good thing

I'm going to say this and I know it doesn't it's just a drop in the f****** bucket butt if seriously changes aren't made soon which I've stuck it out for a pretty long haul put up with a lot of ******* b******* I'm going to be forced to put the game down cuz I'm not going to take part and plots are pleased to coerce people into buying season packages because if you don't you can't play the game.

I should be able to pick the character I want to and have a fair f****** chance in a fight and the fight shouldn't be so ******* flashy that it looks like something akin to God of War not for Honor so far.

Right now I literally team up with high reputation or what I consider to be high reputation 15 twenties 45s and we play a matches every time I go into a eye because every time you go into actual multiplayer it's nothing but b******* and if that's what you wanted to do then I really wish you would have just come out and said hey this is a game of throwing your opponent off the cliff and just did a way with the mechanics of blocking parrying and all that stuff just f****** have it be what it is because that's what it is right now and the only one that's the closest to f****** actually participating in a fight since Yuri on being him he's so God damn powerful that again you I've played some people they use the character I can want to say somewhat wisely it doesn't take a lot of talent to play Centurion though but then again I've been playing the game for several months anyway back on topic and still even though he fights he's so ******* overpowered to where you don't get a f****** hit in or you might get one or two in but ultimately your *** is toast.

My question for the Ubisoft developer that seems to have been attracted this post how is this acceptable?

If you're truly a developer then you know the advantages this character has all across the board the only ones I see being able to fight him or lawbringer because they f****** abused the stun move a lot and they're heavy damage from their swing makes it somewhat of a fair fight but other than that if you don't play lawbringer or any of these other f****** spam characters that are popular at the moment and need I say they are only popular because you made it that way then you're f*****

I guess I just didn't pick the right character my bad I thought this was a strategic tactical fighting game I didn't know it was a well when we feel like it we're going to give some characters extra advantages that others don't get an overall maker game unbalanced as *** to where it turns multiplayer into a insane competitive match

See when this is all going on that one thing that was said keeps running through my mind your devoted to a sane competitive environment I'm sorry that's a load of ...??? You know and I don't mean to be disrespectful to you personally because I'm pretty sure you didn't exclusively make things the way they are hypothetical Ubisoft employee butt I still struggle with the fact that how you can say things like that and do the things you do what's your Q&A Department doing f****** taking naps or smoking crack one of the two because they're not doing their f****** job it looks like Q&A would have the responsibility of abusing the s*** out of the changes and then first sing how they can be abused the Sheltering your multiplayer environment from having to deal with such chaotic insane b******* just sayain. Either way I don't mean to come across too imposing there it's just I feel very passionately about these issues because they have darkened my game for quite some time and even though I'm devoted to the point I play four hours a day

Here lately it seems like you're really intent on running the loyal dedicated people off that would give you money and more interested in having a Mass Appeal for a short second because some **** head who has eclectic taste and plays other games or better yet Mains other games like hypothetically OverWatch and then he'll pop in for Honor for a few seconds be a complete and utter spamming ***-f*** somebody's whole day up and then dip off and go back to playing OverWatch that seems like who you're wanting to appeal to. If you're not well that's who you're appealing to just so you know then you need to stop attracting the wrong kind of players. Also might I add hypothetical **** head while doing this also decides to f****** post the s*** on YouTube forgot about that part.

BudgetParrot118
08-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Seriously was considering buying season package and after reading the remarks of the developer saying" they don't want to nerf centurion in duels" just changed my mind, but also your coincidentally also "devoted to a sane competitive environment"

Literally depressed at this point.

Knight_Raime
08-04-2017, 09:49 AM
They're changing his cc by giving diminishing returns when more than one centurion pins/kicks/punches you more than once. That's according to a couple of the community managers.

So not at all, in other words.

I'm not sure what you're replying to by quoting me. My whole point was that they have indeed nerfed him before. are going to nerf him in 4v4. and have given no indication that the changes coming in the next patch are the last changes he's getting.

DrinkinMyStella
08-04-2017, 10:03 AM
People still crying about cent. Im a cent main and proud. Play as him and you will see his flaws, he has the lowest KD of all my heroes because he's not that great on his own, there is not many ways to change his mixup and most other cent players use the same mix up so he can be countered easier than at release. Yes if you get guard broken then he can punish badly but always be prepared for the GB so you can CGB, There is so many chances for me to mess up and if I do you get a free GB and I lose most of my health. the only problem is the CC thats all, cent on his own is not a scary thing, now me being a cent fighting another cent is scary. If I'm using another hero and I come up against a cent I actually feel good because he's not that strong on his own. Now with the PTS he won't be able to get free GB on a pary

Linnix1
08-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Okay 1. For the thousand I repeat thousand time it's not him in duel that's the problem it's when 2 of them jump your body your good as dead. People can get out of conq and lb split roasts but not cents.
2. Yes I have used him plenty. I got so damn bored from sucking people dry of stamina and killing them and if it wasn't for cent being so cinamatic with his attack I would have fallen asleep.
3. Just because you can CGB doesn't excuse the fact he can still drain 50-90% of your stamina depending on if there's a was all the while taking lord knows how much health. It's to much and with OOS getting deadlier they can remove the gb off of parry they can give diminishing returns off of cc from two cents diminished returns won't help when one cent can delete over half your stamina it wont help a damn thing in stopping two cent from jumping your corpse and sending you to pound town.

BelladorLaCruz
08-04-2017, 01:36 PM
So removing a garanteed heavy after a successfull (more stamina costly) kick is not a nerf.. smh. Alone the community makes me want to leave the game.

SenBotsu893
08-04-2017, 03:57 PM
So removing a garanteed heavy after a successfull (more stamina costly) kick is not a nerf.. smh. Alone the community makes me want to leave the game.

if i remember corerct that was the console version wich was never supposed to go live.
the guaranteed heavy after kick was never suppost to be there in the first place.

also its still a guaranteed light after a kick wich can lead into many different things from there

BudgetParrot118
08-04-2017, 06:42 PM
People still crying about cent. Im a cent main and proud. Play as him and you will see his flaws, he has the lowest KD of all my heroes because he's not that great on his own, there is not many ways to change his mixup and most other cent players use the same mix up so he can be countered easier than at release. Yes if you get guard broken then he can punish badly but always be prepared for the GB so you can CGB, There is so many chances for me to mess up and if I do you get a free GB and I lose most of my health. the only problem is the CC thats all, cent on his own is not a scary thing, now me being a cent fighting another cent is scary. If I'm using another hero and I come up against a cent I actually feel good because he's not that strong on his own. Now with the PTS he won't be able to get free GB on a pary

Again if one mistake happens this character has the ability to punish you badly without you having any response or ability to react unlike any other character in the game and somehow you stand to try and justify it because you're a centurion Main.

I'm going to try and be as polite as possible to you but I highly suggest you actually start playing the game and pick another character again I refuse to buy him but I practiced with him and it was utterly ridiculous again this character has so many buffs in so many directions. It's downright wrong. He isn't hard to play as people abused the stun combos to where you can't do anything again it baffles me that your character stands out like a black sheep amongst all the other characters and you want to say that's totally okay.

No I'm not going to attack your skill just so you know but I do have to wonder why you would be so enthralled to main him when multiple people on this forum say they picked him up and put him down because the game isn't fun because you win all the time.

It's not okay and honestly if I was in your shoes I wouldn't want to play like that I wouldn't want an easy win by playing him you're missing out on all whole real fun world of the game.

There's multiple videos that justify my point

https://youtu.be/Z0rbLHFAnoc

Here is one.

BelladorLaCruz
08-04-2017, 08:13 PM
tell me man, where does that light lead further? To a desperate GB that gets countered maybe?

XxHunterHxX
08-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Centurion Nerfed ? HAHAHAHA you didnt play the PTS 4 v 4 dom right ? XD the centurion is BEAST if you hate hem now w8 thill season 3 comes XD

when a centurion grabs me i just give up and go like do what you must with my body just do it quick XD

BudgetParrot118
08-04-2017, 11:44 PM
I think it's a plot from a biased developer.

ROMAN to blame for this....lol

What I find amusing is how people can literally still say or try to justify that he's f****** totally fine the way he is that's insanity.

Antonioj26
08-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Again if one mistake happens this character has the ability to punish you badly without you having any response or ability to react unlike any other character in the game and somehow you stand to try and justify it because you're a centurion Main.

I'm going to try and be as polite as possible to you but I highly suggest you actually start playing the game and pick another character again I refuse to buy him but I practiced with him and it was utterly ridiculous again this character has so many buffs in so many directions. It's downright wrong. He isn't hard to play as people abused the stun combos to where you can't do anything again it baffles me that your character stands out like a black sheep amongst all the other characters and you want to say that's totally okay.

No I'm not going to attack your skill just so you know but I do have to wonder why you would be so enthralled to main him when multiple people on this forum say they picked him up and put him down because the game isn't fun because you win all the time.

It's not okay and honestly if I was in your shoes I wouldn't want to play like that I wouldn't want an easy win by playing him you're missing out on all whole real fun world of the game.

There's multiple videos that justify my point

https://youtu.be/Z0rbLHFAnoc

Here is one.

Pretty bad video tbh, if you want to show that a character is OP pick a video of an actually competent opponent. I don't think he dodged one kick and dodged only one jab. The kick is as slow as a shugo light before you say it's too fast. I'm not saying cent isn't strong but this video isn't displaying anything that makes him OP aside from his wall infinite which they've patched to make more difficult (which needs to go away completely.)

Jarl.Felix
08-05-2017, 12:36 AM
It's funny how everyone looses their minds that Ubifail will launch op classes while For Error tricks us all with they already OP chars ( WL, PK, Centurion anybody ?)

Moondyne_MC
08-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Lately I've been getting hit by fully charged jabs that I couldn't dodge, but the Cent enemies aren't fully charging their heavies, which is really irking me. I thought that was the absolutel ONLY way a Cent could guarantee a fully charged jab?

A slight nerf to jab and ganking CC capabilities and I'd be happy with him.

Antonioj26
08-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Lately I've been getting hit by fully charged jabs that I couldn't dodge, but the Cent enemies aren't fully charging their heavies, which is really irking me. I thought that was the absolutel ONLY way a Cent could guarantee a fully charged jab?

A slight nerf to jab and ganking CC capabilities and I'd be happy with him.

It is the only time it's guaranteed, I've never been hit by it for dodging too early but maybe that's it?

Moondyne_MC
08-05-2017, 03:08 AM
It is the only time it's guaranteed, I've never been hit by it for dodging too early but maybe that's it?

Nah I can't even get a dodge off, let alone dodge too early. They're half charging their heavies (this is usually in a 2v1 situation I should clarify as well), and if I get hit by an external one it still stuns me long enough for a fully charged jab.

Antonioj26
08-05-2017, 03:24 AM
Nah I can't even get a dodge off, let alone dodge too early. They're half charging their heavies (this is usually in a 2v1 situation I should clarify as well), and if I get hit by an external one it still stuns me long enough for a fully charged jab.

Never seen it, not to say you're wrong but footage would help.

brashtralas
08-05-2017, 06:25 AM
If people are somehow still trying to figure out what the problem with centurion is, here ya go.

1. Too many variable attacks that become unblockable.

2. Too many unblockable "shoves."

3. Too many crippling attacks that end with immobilization.

4. Tracking that defies the mechanics and visual cues.

5. Excessive Stamina drain.

6. Ample stamina to take severe advantage of the stamina they just drained.

7. Incredible recovery time on some whiffed cc attacks, resulting in punishment avoidance and safe attacks.

8. Ridiculous soft feints.

9. Absolutely unbelievable punishment for, what should be, minor mistakes.

10. This annoying cutscenes where you get to watch yourself die in this episode of me. Centurion and his three buddies.

And yes, I have repped up a centurion. I love how he looks. I love the idea. It just doesn't work.

I don't know how to fix it outside a rework. I still see 2-4+ in most matches of dominion, and it just makes me want to quit. It's not fun.

End of story.

BudgetParrot118
08-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I concur. Things are bad enough without Centurion with the whole stun aspect and the ability to have these certain character moves exploited and abused.

Centurion encompasses literally every aspect of the game I hate all in one character.

People that made the mistake of making a main of him. I truly feel sorry for it because at the end of the day if that's their first character they picked and that's how they started out in for Honor they have a rude awakening when they go to other characters, and as well they're missing out on all sorts of real fun. because a win is just a joke when it comes to Centurion.

Far too many people have picked up that character that had played another character before or had another Main and then put centurion down because they said it's utter BS.

Moondyne_MC
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM

Here, maybe you can tell me what's happening. Apologies it took so long, took awhile for it to happen clearly enough to capture haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9EMVXValw

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Here, maybe you can tell me what's happening. Apologies it took so long, took awhile for it to happen clearly enough to capture haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9EMVXValw

really hard to tell what is happening there. are you referring to what happened at the end of the clip?
because I didn't see any heavy at the end. you got parried and knocked over. while you were down you were kicked which blinded you.
and at that point the guy charged what looked like a jab. which was going to hit you regardless because you were still in the process of getting up.

Moondyne_MC
08-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Nah I meant the very first attack the second Centurion did (I've never played Cent, not sure of move names) where he did a jumping side heavy, which wasn't charged (no yellow indicator, went too quick to be fully charged), which allowed him to get a fully charged jab for knockdown on me.

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Nah I meant the very first attack the second Centurion did (I've never played Cent, not sure of move names) where he did a jumping side heavy, which wasn't charged (no yellow indicator, went too quick to be fully charged), which allowed him to get a fully charged jab for knockdown on me.

Oh so the centurion that pinned you at the beginning?
That was the first heavy in his heavy heavy chain.
when it's fully charged it's not unblockable. hence the lack of yellow indicator.
his fully charged heavies only become unblockable when they are combo enders.

Snoop_Godly
08-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Cent wasn't a problem at the beginning of season 2.its when every one had the same guard switch is when it because a problem. Same with warlord. Law bringer. Raider. Pk is still the same. It's just her lights that keep her up there. Until that. All of the above apart from Pk wasn't a problem. But guess what happened when the guard switch changed to the same? You guessed it. Perfect turtle combination for all of them. WL parry. Off you go. LB parry? Same thing. Plus with the shove. And now raider. He needed the charge buff but now the amount of bad kids who just turtle. Parry. Then run you off a map is insane. And we all know what happens when a cent can guard break you. Turtle. Parry. Go to town. Ubi made the turtle meta belying bring in the guard switch. Cent will never be nerfed. Stamp pools and stamps damage will remain the same. That's his only Opness now.

Moondyne_MC
08-08-2017, 12:03 PM

Oh so the centurion that pinned you at the beginning?
That was the first heavy in his heavy heavy chain.
when it's fully charged it's not unblockable. hence the lack of yellow indicator.
his fully charged heavies only become unblockable when they are combo enders.

Aaaah, that's what it is. When I heard "fully charged heavy" my brain said "unblockable heavy".

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Aaaah, that's what it is. When I heard "fully charged heavy" my brain said "unblockable heavy".

it's all good man.

Arekonator
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Cent wasn't a problem at the beginning of season 2.its when every one had the same guard switch is when it because a problem. Same with warlord. Law bringer. Raider. Pk is still the same. It's just her lights that keep her up there. Until that. All of the above apart from Pk wasn't a problem. But guess what happened when the guard switch changed to the same? You guessed it. Perfect turtle combination for all of them. WL parry. Off you go. LB parry? Same thing. Plus with the shove. And now raider. He needed the charge buff but now the amount of bad kids who just turtle. Parry. Then run you off a map is insane. And we all know what happens when a cent can guard break you. Turtle. Parry. Go to town. Ubi made the turtle meta belying bring in the guard switch. Cent will never be nerfed. Stamp pools and stamps damage will remain the same. That's his only Opness now.

WL was a problem since the beta, simply because his kit is overloaded. He also had one of the fastest guard switch before they all got set in the line. LB and Raider were meh tier because their guardswitch limitation, which was esp annoying for LB because his kit is based on parry followups. LB became better when he got huge stat buff and shove -> unblockable light in 1.05 but even after the guardswitch buff he isnt top tier because how slow and reactive based he is. Raider became okay after they improved his cancel mindgames but it was the charge stupidity that pushed im over the top.
Cent problem is his CC ability and fact that his punishes are off the charts compared to other characters. Unless you want to say that 130dmg from single GB isnt op...