PDA

View Full Version : Even more unbalance between Heroes on PTR( Parry Punish)

Lyskir
08-03-2017, 01:34 PM
On Ptr, some heroes still get a huge advantage when they just turtle up because they parry punishement is insane strong

Warlord: after parry he gets his shildslam + heavy, that take a big chunk of stamina
Centurion: gets his full Combo that drains almost a entire stamina bar
Orochi: still gets double top light ( not THAT strong )

especially cent and warlord make me worry

while almost all other heroes only get a light after parry
If this does not change until deff meta fix release, we will only see those 3 heroes in competative play i guess.....

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 02:57 PM
If this is true, it will likely still be a Warlord meta. Really unfortunate that the one hero that benefited the most from the defensive meta, is getting hit the least with the nerf...

But 1v1 Centurion is still trash unless turtles and simply put, Warlord is the better turtle. So all over again Warlord > Everyone

AzureSky.
08-03-2017, 05:52 PM
On Ptr, some heroes still get a huge advantage when they just turtle up because they parry punishement is insane strong

Warlord: after parry he gets his shildslam + heavy, that take a big chunk of stamina

If this does not change until deff meta fix release, we will only see those 3 heroes in competative play i guess.....

orochi top lights are 32 damage, its pretty good damage, the problem is that the parry changes were a band aid and not a core fix, the unusables moves will still be useless (orochi dodge lights or pk and berserker dodge attacks) any move thats slower than 500ms (500ms are mostly safe and spammed a lot) or dont have mixup potential will still be parried, heavy parry still very easy to do...

Lyskir
08-03-2017, 05:54 PM
orochi top lights are 32 damage, its pretty good damage, the problem is that the parry changes were a band aid and not a core fix, the unusables moves will still be useless (orochi dodge lights or pk and berserker dodge attacks) any move thats slower than 500ms (500ms are mostly safe and spammed a lot) or dont have mixup potential will still be parried, heavy parry still very easy to do...

yea i agree

UbiInsulin
08-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! The parry changes (https://youtu.be/Prz-0drk3hc?t=2068) are not yet being deployed in the live game. That was only put in the PTS because the dev team wanted to test them.

Tyrjo
08-03-2017, 08:14 PM
I suppose the parry counter of Centurion and Warlord could have their stamina drain reduced a little. Especially the Centurion since he can go to town with you with his 170 stamina and high dmg output. The Warlord doesn't really have the means of such an output.

My main concern is with the PTS being PC only though. These things are not being tested by the community where the largest chuck of the community is. While it may be great in 60FPS, the changes may not be that great for 30FPS.

Alustar.exe
08-03-2017, 09:17 PM
FPS has nothing to do with this...

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 10:39 PM

1) difference between parry and parry punish. I don't see warlords use this very much. but they can easily tweak the values.
2) are you referring to the combo where after he parries a light he gets a fully charged heavy? I believe that's gone in ptr. The only other parry combo i'm aware of for him is the parry+knee. that does a lot of stamina damage and gives him a free uncharged heavy. which I believe is 20 damage. not really a lot. They can tweak the stam drain value. (all stam drain moves should have their values tweaked post ptr.
3) eh. it would be the strongest light punish for sure. But I don't think it's honestly a big deal considering orochi is well...orochi.

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Many of the PT changes aren't final. It was an opportunity for us to test things out and to collect some data to see what ideas were good and which were not so great. Keep in mind that parrying was supposed to be more difficult to pull off in the PT, which we tried to balance with the parry rewards.

Moreover, whatever changes go through in the end, we have a lot of balancing and reworking to do once the full def meta changes are finally out. So if heroes like WL/cent/orochi actually benefited more from turtling and waiting for a successful parry in the PT, then we'll be able to see that in the data and use that to make improvements.

Tyrjo
08-04-2017, 11:40 AM
FPS has nothing to do with this...

Of course it does. There are some moves that are significantly harder to pull off in 30FPS than in 60+FPS. Unless tested on console, we have no way of really finding out how the changes will affect game play in 30FPS.

swordxsmash
08-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Cent is not actually fair...He has so decent combo that destroys your opponent and makes him look like crap when he's stamina is drained and on the ground then the Cent jumps and drains both stamina and god damned health!!!........that is too annoying...Have you seen his move set??? its all unblockable and alot of combos you don't know why they're here..