PDA

View Full Version : About deflect...

Alustar.exe
08-03-2017, 11:26 AM
I take back everything I every said about deflect. That sht is so freakin sick when the timing on that second follow up hit is successful.
And in case you are wondering, it's immediate. To the point you have to know that move will be deflected in the first place because if I'm correct you actually hit while deflecting. Such a sick looking animation!

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 12:17 PM
I take back everything I every said about deflect. That sht is so freakin sick when the timing on that second follow up hit is successful.
And in case you are wondering, it's immediate. To the point you have to know that move will be deflected in the first place because if I'm correct you actually hit while deflecting. Such a sick looking animation!

Can I get some context please? :)

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Can I get some context please? :)

I second this.

XxHunterHxX
08-03-2017, 01:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3D-4fQuRLk&feature=youtu.be

Deflect p0rn

Snoop_Godly
08-03-2017, 02:10 PM
This is why the parry nerf is never ever bother me in the slightest. Deflect is life. Only sad part is. Hurricane blast can't go Into an execution. Stick on slip through.... Trust me you will live it with the little damage boost ;) while I'm at it. You Ubi. Please take deflect to the devs for going into an execution. Pretty please!!!! :D

Snoop_Godly
08-03-2017, 02:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3D-4fQuRLk&feature=youtu.be

Deflect p0rn

Watched that so many times haha. Dudes sick at deflecting. I can deflect any light or heavy. Not consistent though. Have good days and days where I tend to eat heavies lol. Deflecting a lawby stick charge. Pks za and orochis storm rush and za is quite satisfying lol

Alustar.exe
08-03-2017, 02:23 PM
I'll post the vid when I get home and edit it down to just the match but I was against a Valk and was able manage not one but two deflect and stabs with my PK. I found the timing to the follow up as I said was extremely tight, to the point of simultaneous input

Snoop_Godly
08-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I'll post the vid when I get home and edit it down to just the match but I was against a Valk and was able manage not one but two deflect and stabs with my PK. I found the timing to the follow up as I said was extremely tight, to the point of simultaneous input

Yeah mate I post it. It's always nice to see deflects. Not many people use it. They just parry now. For us assassins. This new def meta is gonna be a blessing. Don't have a YouTube channel but Il have to post some of mine as well. Got them on my activity feed on my xbox live account though. Same name just not a underscore :) more than welcome to add me.

Snoop_Godly
08-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Sorry. I meant sure man post it. Dam auto type. Lol

Alustar.exe
08-03-2017, 02:37 PM
I've also uncovered something of import (for youbPK mains like me) so following properties of heavy feints, a PK can soft feint a heavy into a light bleed, if you activate your ZA, the second strike (which counts as a heavy can also be soft fronted into a quick light bleed from that same direction. A useful tool of you are good at the feint mix up with PK

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 03:39 PM
I've also uncovered something of import (for youbPK mains like me) so following properties of heavy feints, a PK can soft feint a heavy into a light bleed, if you activate your ZA, the second strike (which counts as a heavy can also be soft fronted into a quick light bleed from that same direction. A useful tool of you are good at the feint mix up with PK

Isn't that written in the moveset though? the heavy soft feint into light bleed, you can also heavy soft feint into grab or dodge

But yeah as for Orochi deflects you really don't see many people doing it, I love to deflect though xD so satisfying

Alustar.exe
08-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Isn't that written in the moveset though? the heavy soft feint into light bleed, you can also heavy soft feint into grab or dodge

But yeah as for Orochi deflects you really don't see many people doing it, I love to deflect though xD so satisfying

The soft feinting of heavies into a light bleed is, I never knew of or saw anything that showed this activation on the last hit of a zone attack though. so I don't know how widely known it is or used. It's more there for anybody still learning.