PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer Top heavy after light parry

GrimBlitzer
08-02-2017, 03:38 AM
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before here in the threads and Warriors Den, but as a Lawbringer main I really need to know.

Does LB still get Blind Justice off a light parry in the public test? or is the attack going to need an entire rework?

Netcode_err_404
08-02-2017, 04:00 AM
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before here in the threads and Warriors Den, but as a Lawbringer main I really need to know.

Does LB still get Blind Justice off a light parry in the public test? or is the attack going to need an entire rework?

Rework.

Blind justice can be parried in both heavy and light parries, cannot be feinted.

So its useless.

Knight_Raime
08-02-2017, 04:22 AM
Forgive me. But blind justice is the unblockable top heavy right after a light parry right?

where he starts shouting "ad mortem?"

If that's the right move than yeah. on the PTR 2 that's not guarenteed anymore. It still has it's use in 4v4 but not in duels anymore. especially since it can't be feinted.
However LB has other things he can do off of a light parry. which help lead into his other unblockable mix ups he has.

So he does lose one thing. But gains easier access to his mix ups. on top of that he's still got block shove. and since you can't really GB a heavy attack anymore he can use his heavies a lot more. So while it might sound a bit bad now that he loses that I encourage you to try him out anyway and try a new way to play him. he's really not bad on PTR 2 at all.

kweassa1
08-02-2017, 10:37 AM
I did suggest at the PTR forum, for the sake of Lawb players, that they should just make it a special type of parry attack that always connects, and as counter-balance greatly lower damage...Sort of like 20 damage, since its going to be a rare, parry skill that deals actual damage....

But then the Lawb players all hated it because they thought "reducing 45 damage to 20 is making it just useless!!" ... which is like, a big mystery to me, because if it were me, I'd rather have some form of guaranteed damage that's stronger than a light attack rather than tote a 45 damage unblockable which basically you'll never get to land even for once.. :rolleyes:

It's a mystery. A mystery.

Knight_Raime
08-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I did suggest at the PTR forum, for the sake of Lawb players, that they should just make it a special type of parry attack that always connects, and as counter-balance greatly lower damage...Sort of like 20 damage, since its going to be a rare, parry skill that deals actual damage....

But then the Lawb players all hated it because they thought "reducing 45 damage to 20 is making it just useless!!" ... which is like, a big mystery to me, because if it were me, I'd rather have some form of guaranteed damage that's stronger than a light attack rather than tote a 45 damage unblockable which basically you'll never get to land even for once.. :rolleyes:

tbh if that was the route they went they might as well make it 25 damage so it could chunk a cheeky turtle whos trying to chip you down to their level.

Felis_Menari
08-02-2017, 10:56 AM
tbh if that was the route they went they might as well make it 25 damage so it could chunk a cheeky turtle whos trying to chip you down to their level.
I guess that would have to be it then, a quick UB strike that can finish people off after a parry. I could totally live with that, except there's already the light riposte that does 20 damage I believe. It's kinda hard to justify it's existence in that state, when it may very well nullify the purpose and usefulness of Light Riposte.

Knight_Raime
08-02-2017, 11:11 AM
I guess that would have to be it then, a quick UB strike that can finish people off after a parry. I could totally live with that, except there's already the light riposte that does 20 damage I believe. It's kinda hard to justify it's existence in that state, when it may very well nullify the purpose and usefulness of Light Riposte.

True. They could instead probably drop the damage to 20 like the above poster mentioned. but it also does massive stamina damage. And/or blinds the person on hit.
that way you could go for the easy guarenteed light after a parry. or go for the potentially riskier ad mortem. which would have it's own benefits.

Felis_Menari
08-02-2017, 11:38 AM
True. They could instead probably drop the damage to 20 like the above poster mentioned. but it also does massive stamina damage. And/or blinds the person on hit.
that way you could go for the easy guarenteed light after a parry. or go for the potentially riskier ad mortem. which would have it's own benefits.

Totally forgot about the stamina damage and blind effect. Ya know what...I know what can be done to fix it (It's something that bothered me for a long time). Put in your lowered damage adjustment and increased speed (for the guaranteed hit), but allow it to chain as a second heavy. You can get a heavy or light afterwards, or Shove. Given those options, I think that would work. Now you may ask, what about Light Riposte? I think it's high time the Lawbringer got his light chain (Light Riposte starts chains as the first hit). It can just be light, light, or light, light, heavy. But it needs to happen in conjunction with the proposed changes to Blind Justice.

Knight_Raime
08-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Totally forgot about the stamina damage and blind effect. Ya know what...I know what can be done to fix it (It's something that bothered me for a long time). Put in your lowered damage adjustment and increased speed (for the guaranteed hit), but allow it to chain as a second heavy. You can get a heavy or light afterwards, or Shove. Given those options, I think that would work. Now you may ask, what about Light Riposte? I think it's high time the Lawbringer got his light chain (Light Riposte starts chains as the first hit). It can just be light, light, or light, light, heavy. But it needs to happen in conjunction with the proposed changes to Blind Justice.

So in other words you're wanting to let his 2 mentioned parry actions flow into his combos. which allow him more mix up game?
that's a pretty good idea. I'm all for that.

Felis_Menari
08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
So in other words you're wanting to let his 2 mentioned parry actions flow into his combos. which allow him more mix up game?
that's a pretty good idea. I'm all for that.

His heavy, light, side heavy needs to be chainable into Shove as well, but that's secondary to coming up with a solution to the Blind Justice problem.

Netcode_err_404
08-02-2017, 01:25 PM

To make suggestion for a class, you should

1) Play the game

2) play the class

Giving a 20 damage Blind justice would be a MASSIVE nerf.

Better go with top light spam. since it does 16/18 damage.

The light riposte should istantly trigger the exectuioner UB heavy.

BJ needs a speed up and needs to be feintable OR soft feintable with a direct GB, because is so slow, that all youneed to do to be safe is one back dodge.

And before "OMG would be too op"

Warlords says hello.

Broken since d1, still are.

Netcode_err_404
08-02-2017, 01:26 PM
His heavy, light, side heavy needs to be chainable into Shove as well, but that's secondary to coming up with a solution to the Blind Justice problem.

For what pourpose ? Nobodyin mid/high level is going to eat that ultra slow chain combo.

Felis_Menari
08-02-2017, 09:57 PM
For what pourpose ? Nobodyin mid/high level is going to eat that ultra slow chain combo.

That's like saying the Kensei's UB shouldn't exist, because it never lands without a wall splat. That logic doesn't really work here. The LB's heavy, light, side heavy chain should chain into Shove. The move set page states as much. And there's an even more compelling reason for it as well. The heavy, light, *VERTICAL* chain can go right into a Shove. There's no argument the devs could possibly use to justify this situation. All they can say is "Whoops, we messed up. We'll fix it as soon as we can.". The fact that it still remains broken is a testament to the devs lack of give-a-damn when it comes to fixing For Honor in its entirety. Don't even get me started on the travesty that is "Make Way".

UbiNoty
08-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Lot's of hero-specific interactions and moves will need reworking with the introduction of the defense meta changes and we'll be doing just that based off the feedback and data we collected over the PT. I don't know specifically what is going to happen, but we will do our best to make sure nothing is rendered obsolete by the def meta changes.

GrimBlitzer
08-03-2017, 03:28 AM
That is very reassuring, Thanks UbiNoty!

vgrimr_J
08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Lot's of hero-specific interactions and moves will need reworking with the introduction of the defense meta changes and we'll be doing just that based off the feedback and data we collected over the PT. I don't know specifically what is going to happen, but we will do our best to make sure nothing is rendered obsolete by the def meta changes.

please for the love of god you guys will not get enough data out of pts because most of the players are on consoles just dont screw things up for us.pc specific balancing hurts consoles more than it does good.