PDA

View Full Version : What the **** did they do to cents?

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 02:58 AM
I just had a match against 4 cents, and they were all just destroying my entire team. I have fought cents a few days ago and they couldent do what they did then. An instant throwing dagger that staggers long enough to get an entire combo off (Half a LB health in damage). They can cancel their heavy unblockable at any time to guard break for free since you are required to either dodge or parry it giving them a free guard break INTO AN ENTIRE COMBO. Is this a bug or was it intentional that they get a buff?

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Also at what point was it decided that ALL UNBLOCKABLE BASHES take priority over a LBs shove?

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 03:28 AM
Charge a shu into some barrels, the game clipped out, and he never got staggered, leading to me being vulnerable to attack because I made it behind him.

Same Shu stabbed him in the stomach for the flip, the animation ended and I went back to the idle stance unable to block and got hit with his heavy attack. What the **** I cant even disable as a disabler?

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Next match average 10 prestige vs average 44 prestige, and I did the math.

SikanderAzam
08-02-2017, 03:34 AM
Centurions have been broken since they were released. A potato can play a centurion and be effective. Most people who main them are potatoes. You had the misfortune of encountering some centurions controlled by people that actually knew how to play the game and the character, which means you had a waking nightmare. Have a double whisky and get back out there.

BudgetParrot118
08-02-2017, 04:05 AM
Yeah I'm doing so let's see I do it in a more controlled environment if I won't multiplayer I play AI..

If I go into one V one and it's a centurion or a lawbringer i straight-up f****** exit the match

If you can't block Perry and strike and faint then honestly I don't want to f****** part of it if you're going to do moves that can be spammed and abuse such as stuns and shoves again I'm not even going to bother playing with somebody that does that s*** they don't want to play again they want to win

I want to play the game I want an interesting battle I want long battles I want strategy I won't actually have some skill and grow.

See that's the difference between somebody that lets you get up once they knock you down and somebody that continues to beat the s*** out of you

Not saying it's a bad thing or anything I'm just saying I'm more apt to let somebody get up especially if they're a good fight because I want it to last

BudgetParrot118
08-02-2017, 04:07 AM
Also to add if somebody is a 0 rep and they're making hella f****** mistakes all over the f****** place I'm forgiving everybody just wants to have a good time I don't really care if I win or lose if I end up being an a****** then I've lost a lot more than just the round or a match

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 04:11 AM
What the **** i got the same team 3 matches later and got crushed again. All they did was group up and slaughter anyone they were matched with with spam stuns. What the ****. I didnt get better in the last half hour what the **** is wrong with this matchmaking. ****ING FIX THIS OR I WONT BE AROUND FOR THE SERVERS.

I know it was an entire ****ing premade because at the end of the match everyone left but 4 people who all instantly readied up.

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 04:14 AM
Yeah well he has lost 3/10 matches he did in one night, 2 against a team of all cents being the same team both times, and won 1 match. The rest of the matches disconnected before they ended, so lets put him against the same ****ing people over and over again instead of matching him against the other 996 ****ing people online right now.

Casper5632
08-02-2017, 04:26 AM
are you ****ing KIDDING ME WITH THIS A THIRD TIME IN A SINGLE NIGHT I GOT CRUSHED BY THE SAME FULL PREMADE? I AM GOING TO LEAVE EVERY MATCH FROM HERE ON THERE IS MORE THAN 1 CENT IN.

3 LOSSES FROM THE SAME TEAM (matched again with them) 1 LOSS FROM A RANDOM TEAM 1 WIN AND 6 DISCONNECTS, AND THE NEXT MATCH I STARTED WITH A ****ING BOT.

ONYX_x5
08-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Still trying to beat the Roman Soldier? Roman still ruining this game? Game still getting worse and worse?
Been gone for while, thought I would just look and see how things are going, and yep. Still a **** show waste of money.
Well have fun ,ummm, trying to have fun. Enjoy my money *** hats!
Ubisoft you used to be the best!! Used to be.

Charmzzz
08-02-2017, 07:50 AM
No offense, but this is really a L2P issue. All of it.

4 Centurions running around together in Dominion? And you lose? How? Why don't you cap the other 2 points WHERE THEY ARE NOT?
Problems in 1on1 vs Cent? Cent is garbage in 1on1, 1 out of 10 beats me occasionally. Super-telegraphed moves. Kick? Dodge into guaranteed GB. Charged Heavy? Wait for the indicator to flash and parry it. He mixups with some GB's? Don't panic and CGB at the right time.

Seriously, Cent is not half that scary to me anymore compared to what I felt when he was released.

kweassa1
08-02-2017, 08:44 AM
...they didn't do anything. No new skills, no new buffs. Except for minor nerfs and bug fixes, the cent remains unchanged for the last 2.5 months... and you've seen stuff like Pugio just now...? :rolleyes:

Thanks for presenting another nice example of how people are totally clueless about the cent, though.

"Know yourself and know your enemy, then even in hundred fights you will not fall under danger"

- Sun Tzu, "The Art of War", Chapter 3: Attack by Stratagem -

"If you don't know yourself, and don't know your enemies, every fight is destined to lose."

- Yi Sunshin , "War Diaries" (1594)

Draghmar
08-02-2017, 08:47 AM
No offense, but this is really a L2P issue. All of it.

4 Centurions running around together in Dominion? And you lose? How? Why don't you cap the other 2 points WHERE THEY ARE NOT?
Problems in 1on1 vs Cent? Cent is garbage in 1on1, 1 out of 10 beats me occasionally. Super-telegraphed moves. Kick? Dodge into guaranteed GB. Charged Heavy? Wait for the indicator to flash and parry it. He mixups with some GB's? Don't panic and CGB at the right time.

Seriously, Cent is not half that scary to me anymore compared to what I felt when he was released.
Said the PK, who can dodge much more easily. I'd like you to try this easiness with for example Nobushi. :P
Dodging kick doesn't always give GB. Not sure why. Maybe that's Nobushi's recovery frames but quite often Cent just do light (or heavy, not sure) right after missing kick that prevents GB.

So yes, Cent is much more easy to fight 1v1 but calling him garbage is really exaggeration. And on the top - he is annoying.

kweassa1
08-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Said the PK, who can dodge much more easily. I'd like you to try this easiness with for example Nobushi. :P
Dodging kick doesn't always give GB. Not sure why. Maybe that's Nobushi's recovery frames but quite often Cent just do light (or heavy, not sure) right after missing kick that prevents GB.

Actually, not too difficult even with Nobushi, Shug, Warlord....

...on the other hand, dodging 500ms melees like WL headbutt or Conq shieldbash with the slow-dodgers above...? Grueling. :D

Charmzzz
08-02-2017, 09:09 AM

So yes, Cent is much more easy to fight 1v1 but calling him garbage is really exaggeration. And on the top - he is annoying.

You do know that the range of the dodge does not matter? I can dodge a Valk sweep with Warden, the Warden model is right in the sweep indicator, but it does not connect since i dodged. Same with Shinobi and Cent Kick, if you dodged at the correct time - you dodge it. Simply as that.

Nobushi? Can't she go into Hidden Stance and punish Cent Kick even better? Afaik Hidden Stance is only countered by GB.

Cent being garbage in 1on1 is exaggeration? Why? Where did he place in last tournaments? Almost exclusively seen in tournaments: Raider, WL, Warden, PK

Every Hero is "annoying" if played right.

Draghmar
08-02-2017, 09:38 AM
You do know that the range of the dodge does not matter? I can dodge a Valk sweep with Warden, the Warden model is right in the sweep indicator, but it does not connect since i dodged. Same with Shinobi and Cent Kick, if you dodged at the correct time - you dodge it. Simply as that.

Nobushi? Can't she go into Hidden Stance and punish Cent Kick even better? Afaik Hidden Stance is only countered by GB.

Cent being garbage in 1on1 is exaggeration? Why? Where did he place in last tournaments? Almost exclusively seen in tournaments: Raider, WL, Warden, PK

Every Hero is "annoying" if played right.
I don't mean range of the dodge but...I don't know how to call it...responsiveness? Besides Nobushi I play Shinobi and it is really much, much easier to dodge anything then with Nobushi. So I don't mean it's impossible but harder.

HS is very risky move. But you're right here.

I don't consider any tournaments as a sample for anything more then festival of cheese/safe moves - sorry.

No, not every one. For me there are only two classes that are annoying. Conq because he can break chains and spam SB all the time and Cent. I don't mind loosing if I know someone is better so by 'annoying' I don't mean that I lost to him. I do not consider fighting against Cent as fun and that is the whole point of playing any game.

EmeraldCthulhu
08-02-2017, 09:46 AM
This thread baffles me. First of all, it's strange that there are still people who haven't noticed how broken Cent is in 4v4. It has been whole season now with unplayable dominion, is it even possible to get so lucky and not run into this madness?

It's even more baffling that there are still people that would defend this as "learn to play issue". This a whole new level of misunderstanding why a lot of people play video games at all. Spoiler - they want to have fun. And I belive cent must have been design as anti-fun on purpose. You can't mess it up that bad on accident.

DrinkinMyStella
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
more than 1 cent in a lobby can causes big problems to the enemy, but cent is not OP in general. I'm a rep 10 cent and struggle to play against anyone decent because all of his moves are telegraphed and his low health pool make one mistake fatal. He's not as great as everyone thinks, its just when you face more than 1 of them things become tricky but I tend to run if I'm about to get ganked by two cents. I'm pretty sure they are going to nerf his CC in 4v4 and the biggest problem is his pin which I think thats whats going to be nerfed, he's already low-mid tier in 1v1 so if they nerf too much then he will be rendered useless. Bare in mind 2 new heroes are coming soon so that could possible effect everything and then everyone will complain about them.

SenBotsu893
08-02-2017, 01:22 PM
more than 1 cent in a lobby can causes big problems to the enemy, but cent is not OP in general. I'm a rep 10 cent and struggle to play against anyone decent because all of his moves are telegraphed and his low health pool make one mistake fatal. He's not as great as everyone thinks, its just when you face more than 1 of them things become tricky but I tend to run if I'm about to get ganked by two cents. I'm pretty sure they are going to nerf his CC in 4v4 and the biggest problem is his pin which I think thats whats going to be nerfed, he's already low-mid tier in 1v1 so if they nerf too much then he will be rendered useless. Bare in mind 2 new heroes are coming soon so that could possible effect everything and then everyone will complain about them.

lol did you mean to say high-mid tier? he is above the general fighterbase. by far. simply because he has :
-a ton of openers. (bare in mind some characters dont have openers at all)
-openers to follow up after regular attacks miss or get blocked
-guranteed hits after ublockable openers.
-guranteed follow up moves after the guranteed hits.
-strongest parry punish in the game (both damage wise and stamina drain on top)
-strongest wall slpat punish in the game
-fastest heavy hits in the game leading to insane DPS. (his heavys are not the strongest but the combo and frequency lead to insane damage potential)
-simple faint inputs even though his heavys are on par with light attacks speed wise(leading to misinforming indicators e.g: unblockable indicator on second heavy but its going to be a gb)
-highest stamina pool in the game while draining the stamina of opponents. (with the oos changes in the defensive meta i dont want to imagine what its going to be like)

i could go on but i just want to point out another thing you said: you say that he has low health and nerfing him would render him useless.
that apparently didnt stop the shinobi nerf....

centurion needs to toned down simple as that.

Netcode_err_404
08-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Cent trash in 1v1 ? Ok.I guess.

Is just the 3rd best class in the game.

And he has just one of the most deadly combo out of a single parry in the game.

But its trash.

In this game a class to be considered good, needs to have the suporpowers,

What happens if a cent does a parry near a wall ?

It drain 100% of your stamina, and do the wall combo that eat half of your hp, and all out of a single parry.

But hey its trash tier.

LOL

SenBotsu893
08-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Cent trash in 1v1 ? Ok.I guess.

Is just the 3rd best class in the game.

And he has just one of the most deadly combo out of a single parry in the game.

But its trash.

In this game a class to be considered good, needs to have the suporpowers,

What happens if a cent does a parry near a wall ?

It drain 100% of your stamina, and do the wall combo that eat half of your hp, and all out of a single parry.

But hey its trash tier.

LOL

hahaha jeah exactly! thats how cent players try to defend the character

Epoqx
08-02-2017, 07:12 PM
For the 100th time, cent is strong due to his cc in group modes, but fairly average in 1v1.

Pros

- Fastest heavies in the game.
- Fastest lights in the game.
- huge damaging single combo.
- best parry in the game damage and stamina wise (the only point where i can agree about the overpowerdness)
- decent gap closers with kick and jump atk.
- multiple openers

Cons

- shortest range in the game
- no viable feints. (the charged heavy feinted into GB is the only working one, only against those who have no idea what's happening)
- telegraphed mix ups (once you understand what, how and when they can be used, it's only a matter of timing between dodge/block/parry)
- All openers hardly punishable (again, knowledge and timing)
- simple and locked combos (it is always the same pattern, you cannot swap differents combos)

He his the kind of character who just needs to be investigated. Once you understand him, you can easily counter his moves because of his telegraphed mix ups design. But for this you need to play him and/or train against him, that's what most of you don't do, for different reasons, and the reason of your madness.

Someone made a big post few weeks ago, that explains this so well, i'll try to find it.

SenBotsu893
08-02-2017, 08:07 PM
For the 100th time, cent is strong due to his cc in group modes, but fairly average in 1v1.

Cons

- shortest range in the game
- no viable feints. (the charged heavy feinted into GB is the only working one, only against those who have no idea what's happening)
- telegraphed mix ups (once you understand what, how and when they can be used, it's only a matter of timing between dodge/block/parry)
- All openers hardly punishable (again, knowledge and timing)
- simple and locked combos (it is always the same pattern, you cannot swap differents combos)

Someone made a big post few weeks ago, that explains this so well, i'll try to find it.

-short reach? wrong. insane traking and all kicks punches heavys launch the cent forward by a lot
-no viable feints? wrong. as i said earlier you can abuse the wrong indication due to latency e.g: unblockable indicator on 2nd charged heavy but it was a gb feint.
-telegraped mix ups? how so he got the fastest heavys and the charging time on jabs and stabs can be freely changed. making parrys a lot harder compared to characters that have always the same attack speed on attacks
-openers only reliably punishable with evadeattacks. good luck if your character does not have such...
-simple combos? no. there are so many mixup opportunities. if you just charge heavy then charge jab then eagle talon you just play him like all the dominion cents.

i played cent myself enough to know he needs to be adjusted to the standard of the vanialla characters.

Epiphone34
08-02-2017, 09:32 PM
are you ****ing KIDDING ME WITH THIS A THIRD TIME IN A SINGLE NIGHT I GOT CRUSHED BY THE SAME FULL PREMADE? I AM GOING TO LEAVE EVERY MATCH FROM HERE ON THERE IS MORE THAN 1 CENT IN.

3 LOSSES FROM THE SAME TEAM (matched again with them) 1 LOSS FROM A RANDOM TEAM 1 WIN AND 6 DISCONNECTS, AND THE NEXT MATCH I STARTED WITH A ****ING BOT.

Yeah it's pretty sweet. Tried hoping back in last weekend. FIrst match, finally loaded, began to play 30 secs in...boom error code. No thanks, For Honor, no thanks.

Epoqx
08-02-2017, 09:45 PM
-short reach? wrong. insane traking and all kicks punches heavys launch the cent forward by a lot
-no viable feints? wrong. as i said earlier you can abuse the wrong indication due to latency e.g: unblockable indicator on 2nd charged heavy but it was a gb feint.
-telegraped mix ups? how so he got the fastest heavys and the charging time on jabs and stabs can be freely changed. making parrys a lot harder compared to characters that have always the same attack speed on attacks
-openers only reliably punishable with evadeattacks. good luck if your character does not have such...
-simple combos? no. there are so many mixup opportunities. if you just charge heavy then charge jab then eagle talon you just play him like all the dominion cents.

i played cent myself enough to know he needs to be adjusted to the standard of the vanialla characters.

I dont know on which lecel you played to actually realise that.

- He got 3 moves that helps him closing the gap. Kick, which is a medium gap closer, jump front which is a long gap closer (hardly n easily punishable), and the punch, which is a super short gap closer.

- What you are talling about is a fully reactable mechanism. Either wait for the unblockable animation to come and parry, or either wait for the cgb. You can even light to cancel everything.

- you do NOT need to parry him on anything except his lights, and a fully charged heavy on the way. Nothing else.

- both openers are punishable by a GB, a side step attack AND a simple light.

- he got only few mix ups, ALL reactable. There is no 50/50. I'm on console so should be way easier on PC.

Fast lights against cents, and i guarantee you he will stop trying charges and feints.

UbiNoty
08-02-2017, 11:41 PM
We haven't made any changes to cent at all since 1.08 I believe (edit: 1.09 with the removal of centurion charged heavy pin stacking).

Since release, while we perhaps haven't nerfed him as quickly or as much as many in the community would like, we've never buffed him - we are planning for a ton of rebalancing after the def meta changes though. So hopefully the results of that will appease many of you.