PDA

View Full Version : Revenge in 1vs1 encounters is still activating too often

Tyrjo
08-01-2017, 06:59 AM
I was under the impression that the latest patch were going to change revenge into not activating as often in 1vs1 (Dominion/Elimination). Maybe I misunderstood things, but I still think it activates to often. It punishes offense and is that really what we need?

Imo, revenge should be an anti gank crutch, not something that will turn the tide of a 1vs1 fight.

Alustar.
08-01-2017, 09:32 AM
That means you are throwing out too many attacks that are blocked and is a clear indication that you should change your routine.
The gripe about revenge in 1v1 was for the duelists. If you haphazardly swing at your opponent and feed them revenge that's on you.

Benji28613
08-01-2017, 11:01 AM
That means you are throwing out too many attacks that are blocked and is a clear indication that you should change your routine.
The gripe about revenge in 1v1 was for the duelists. If you haphazardly swing at your opponent and feed them revenge that's on you.

Thats not totaly true. Lawbringer's combos that includes shove does give revenge pretty fast. So the talk about having to change playstyle don't work for the Lawbringer as the shove is a core tool of the LB moveset.

Everyone gets revenge in a long fight the only difference is some classes gets it faster.

JK2Dealer
08-01-2017, 11:51 AM
It was implemented for Duel....

Alustar.
08-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Being a core tool and being spammed for "safe attacks" are two seperate things that doesn't really discount the whole argument of adapt your play style accordingly. I'm in plenty of 1v1 settings where revenge isn't an issue.

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 01:29 AM
So what we did was, we deactivated revenge in duel-mode. But it is still active in dominion. And in 1.09, we made changes to revenge that allow revenge gain to be much more responsive to the number of opponents you fight against.

But if you're playing dominion, but in a 1v1, then there is no real change from before (except for if you're throwing melee attacks, since we upped the revenge gain for melee from 10 to 30 - so that's probably what you're feeling). Full notes here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-294588-16/patch-notes-v109).

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 01:50 AM
^ basically that.

They turned revenge off in duels.
They normalized revenge gain for 1v2+ in 4v4 modes.
1v1 in a 4v4 mode is going to feel about the same as it did before. potentially slightly faster.

kweassa1
08-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Thats not totaly true. Lawbringer's combos that includes shove does give revenge pretty fast. So the talk about having to change playstyle don't work for the Lawbringer as the shove is a core tool of the LB moveset.

Everyone gets revenge in a long fight the only difference is some classes gets it faster.

Well, see, it's that the Lawb shove may be a core moveset, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the only thing you use and just spam it 24/7.

If a Lawb's giving out too much revenge in 1v1 situations, it simply means he's playing, really, really cheesey... like just shutting off all other attacks, playing it totally reactive and "safe", use literally nothing else than just blockshove-light, blockshove-light, blockshove-light, blockshove-light... occasional normal shove-light.. occasional shove-GB.... and some more blockshove-light blockshove-light blockshove-light blockshove-light blockshove-light blockshove-light .. and so on.

Those types of boring Lawb players do give out a lot of revenge in 1v1s...and it's not just the Lawb, but any cheesey playstyle that totally revolves around just spamming MA(melee attacks) tends to do the same.

So dial the cheesiness down and you don't give off revenge that often. The fact that revenge fires off very often against classes with MAs as "core move sets", IMO, is actually a working evidence that the recent revenge gain changes was a good thing.

kweassa1
08-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Being a core tool and being spammed for "safe attacks" are two seperate things that doesn't really discount the whole argument of adapt your play style accordingly. I'm in plenty of 1v1 settings where revenge isn't an issue.

Deeply agreed.

Tyrjo
09-12-2017, 07:52 AM
I still think you get revenge way to fast in 1vs1 situations. I think the devs should think hard on why they have the revenge mechanic. I understand it as they want to give a person being ganked a fair chance. The way it is now it just reinforces a defensive play style in 1vs1 encounters in Dominion, Skirmish, Elimination and Brawl.