PDA

View Full Version : Public Test access for console players?

SenBotsu893
08-01-2017, 12:34 AM
since there are a lot of potential changes going on i would like to try them out myself.
unfortunatly i bought my copy of For Honor for PS4 so i cant test them.

it would be cool if i could just simply download the public test version on my PC via Uplay.
Is there any chance for console players to get access to the public test?

Antonioj26
08-01-2017, 12:37 AM
Gotta agree, it can only help having more people playing. Gets ubi more of that data they need.

Alustar.exe
08-01-2017, 12:49 AM
And it would be nice to have data from other areas. Not less than half the player base.

UbiJurassic
08-01-2017, 01:15 AM
We'd definitely like to get the PTS into the hands of console players to test for the future, but, as of right now, there are currently no plans to do so. This might change in the future though. If it does, we will be sure to let everyone know!

Rikuto01.tv
08-01-2017, 01:38 AM
The new offensive meta will introduce problems unique to console -- problems which affect the majority of the playerbase, I might add -- so only having a test server for PC is kind of a bad situation.

watsonclan335u
08-01-2017, 04:36 AM
The new offensive meta will introduce problems unique to console -- problems which affect the majority of the playerbase, I might add -- so only having a test server for PC is kind of a bad situation.

Especially when you consider console is carrying this title, sure would be nice if we weren't treated like the red-headed stepchildren when it came time to test and tune....

That_guy44
08-01-2017, 04:48 AM
I predict they make changes off of pc data and "create" undesirable effects on console. I put create in quotations because they could take the time to include the vast majority of the player base into their major changes, but decide against it for some unknown reason.

Dude_of_Valor
08-01-2017, 09:43 AM
We'd definitely like to get the PTS into the hands of console players to test for the future, but, as of right now, there are currently no plans to do so. This might change in the future though. If it does, we will be sure to let everyone know!

So lets get this right. You have three ways to play the game, PC XBOX and PS.

Now your public test that has happened twice on PC is going to be the be all and end all for both consoles? If what is true that consoles have a bigger player base then surely you must want to run all tests with those players not those on PC (or at least provide it for all).

Because more people playing your game means higher chance of people spending money on micro transactions.

Or does Ubisoft not gives two sh^ts about the game on console?

Antonioj26
08-01-2017, 04:45 PM

I sincerely don't get the logic of at least not giving us access to the PC version. It's not uncommon for people to have a PC and a console, it's not like some form of double dipping where we are getting one over on you. It seems easy enough to implement since we all have UPlay accts, just give us some access code like you would a closed beta.

brashtralas
08-01-2017, 08:00 PM
I sincerely don't get the logic of at least not giving us access to the PC version. It's not uncommon for people to have a PC and a console, it's not like some form of double dipping where we are getting one over on you. It seems easy enough to implement since we all have UPlay accts, just give us some access code like you would a closed beta.

Couldn't agree more. These changes might actually break the game on console. I can see it becoming largely hack n' slash on console with the current meta changes.

Guess we will see.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2017, 08:47 PM
I predict they make changes off of pc data and "create" undesirable effects on console. I put create in quotations because they could take the time to include the vast majority of the player base into their major changes, but decide against it for some unknown reason.

and what exactly are these "undesirable effects?" Console isn't majorly gimped like people make it out to be. I play on an older LCD tv with a wireless controller. I have absolutely no problem reacting to a majority of what is thrown at me. the only 2 people I don't parry often are pk and valk lights. Once I switched over to a monitor however and played for a few hours I was parrying them a lot more frequently. like. more than 50% of the time. I really wish people would stop crutching on the console as an argument. when it is a false one.

So lets get this right. You have three ways to play the game, PC XBOX and PS.

Now your public test that has happened twice on PC is going to be the be all and end all for both consoles? If what is true that consoles have a bigger player base then surely you must want to run all tests with those players not those on PC (or at least provide it for all).

Because more people playing your game means higher chance of people spending money on micro transactions.

Or does Ubisoft not gives two sh^ts about the game on console?

It's not that they don't care. it's that they can't put the PTR on console. They would like the option to be able to send an update out mid ptr if they wanted to add some other change in or slightly tweak one of their changes. if they wanted to do that they would have to send the changes to cert first. before it would make it on the ptr. Battlefield 4 was the only console game I can think of that put ptr on console. and they were able to do that because they had servers. (not to mention they never bothered tweaking anything on ptr anyway once it was put out.)

Now I 100% agree that if a console player buys the game on pc they should get access to PTR. that's more than feasible. But ptr coming to console isn't possible for their current goals/what they currently have. stop the mindless dev bashing. it's childish.

Claudius_Katt
08-02-2017, 12:14 AM

Well said,
I cant understand how it would hurt anyone to give console gamers a beta style access code so they can load the pc up and play just the PTR,
Would give the devs heaps more feedback and give console gamers an opportunity to put the proposed changes into action firsthand without Ubisoft losing money because access would be restricted exclusively to PTR,
When the PTR is over strip the people who used codes of their access until a new PTR is enabled, simple, easy, everybody wins.