PDA

View Full Version : How cool is that - Ubisoft ignoring it's player

daxas01
07-31-2017, 03:42 PM
...we ask for just a word on IF other content gonna be add to the game and they don't even take the time to respond.

Mulletino
08-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Hopefully they're too busy creating extra content to respond........... :nonchalance:

Whorley1971
08-01-2017, 03:05 PM
It's nothing but a throw away game to them, the same as their other VR titles. I should have taken time to look at what else they offered, but those game didn't interest me. Outside looking in, it's a fantastic game, but once you're in you see how shallow it really is.Their game play trailers were half the game, no wonder nothing new was shown. $50.00 for a few hours of game play, what a rip off. I will never purchase another game from them.

daxas01
08-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Was not a ripoff for me. I played 2-4 hrs almost every night for the first month so my 50$ well spent.

That said, so many of us bought the PSVR just for this game.... it's a shame.

Makes me Angry at Ubicrap.

BB_Coolcat
08-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Please be fair and compare it to other VR games. ALL current VR games lack content. Yes, BridgeCrew is a bit thin, but not much more so than other VR titles. Compare it to other high quality games like TheClimb or LoneEcho, and those did not have to pay for the probably expensive StarTrek brand. The high cost for VR games comes from the higher development cost for VR. It's quite expensive since you can't just reused proven gameplay elements, you have to try a lot which takes time and money. Also the amount of people owning VR hardware is quite low, that means you have to divide the cost by less players, everyone has to pay more instead. As a rough estimate from the available numbers there are about 50 times more regular players compared to VR players. That would mean a AAA quality VR game would have to be like 50 times the cost or like 2500$ per unit sold. Obviously not enough people would be able to afford that, so the cost is just 2-3x of normal games.

filmgeek47
08-01-2017, 09:49 PM
I agree with everything you're saying, but I'm still frustrated. It's not that I don't feel the game is worth the cost, but rather that whoever's in charge is squandering the potential of the game by refusing to even engage with the community. It's not clear to me what the purpose of the AMA was, if not to disingenuously imply that there could be new content coming, to counter the early reviews which all suggested the game was lacking content.

And that's the thing. Even by VR standards, the content is a bit thin. The reality is that only two of the structured missions offer any replayability (4 and 5). And as others have said, the ongoing missions are a bit too repetitive/similar to offer much challenge or depth. They spent all of that time creating really fantastic gameplay and immersion, and then didn't flesh it out.

Also, while the initial outlay was probably very expensive, the cost of developing a few more missions would be pretty small for them. They could easily throw together another 3 missions with the existing visual assets and a handful of new recorded lines, and throw a bone to the community that wants the game to thrive.

Or, if they can't be bothered to spend the money, at least release a mission builder so the community can create the content for them.

OR announce DLC for $20 with a TNG bridge and another campaign. I think they'd get a lot of takers, especially in the pc VR community where most people have laid out over a grand to get into VR and are willing to spend extra cash for a better experience.

It's just frustrating to not get even a hint of what's going on when so many of us are passionate about the game and just want to see it thrive.

UbiSkyBear
08-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Hello! I apologize for the frustration caused so far. At this time we have nothing to share on future content.

Oblongship
08-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Hello! I apologize for the frustration caused so far. At this time we have nothing to share on future content.

Nail in the coffin right here....

Well, that solidifies our fears. This game has no more content coming out in the near future if at all.

daxas01
08-06-2017, 05:17 AM
About time UBI respond.

you don't deserve a thank you but ill say it - thanks.

Lvndscape____
08-06-2017, 09:09 AM
I will stop buying any future UBISoft VR Game.
Same happened with Eagle Flight . No Improvements no new Content .
They just dont listen to what the Consumers want.

CovertRain
08-10-2017, 09:26 PM
At least the community has an answer now. If they were working on future content there would been a statement to that effect. Reps here have a tough job. They know the scoop but I am sure are getting direction to NOT make a specific statement that will completely tank sales. Appreciate the response above but Ubisoft as a company? Yeah..skipping future titles.

Captain_Summers
08-16-2017, 03:42 PM
At least the community has an answer now. If they were working on future content there would been a statement to that effect. Reps here have a tough job. They know the scoop but I am sure are getting direction to NOT make a specific statement that will completely tank sales. Appreciate the response above but Ubisoft as a company? Yeah..skipping future titles.

LOL, the Rep's have a tough job? Get real.

How hard is it to repeat at the most, once a month, that "we have nothing to say at the moment"?

I think a bot could do their work just as well.

A month of so ago on a thread of mine one of the Rep's claimed that more behind the scenes videos were coming, more Twitch streams with the devs playing etc were coming.

I asked the question "What do you mean more? There hasn't been any to begin with?! When are these coming?"

Did I get an answer? Nope.

Just another "We have nothing to comment on at this time."

It's just f-kin rude and dishonest.

Just say "There are no plans to add content / depth to XXXXXX game." and just have the integrity to say it. All this ghosting and vaguely wishy-washy comments are just pi**ing people off.

I don't believe any person on here that claims they'll never buy another Ubisoft game. They're kidding themselves. If Ubi released a good Ghost Recon, The Division 2, Splinter Cell or even Star Trek Bridge Crew 2, we'd all buy them. So making stupid claims doesn't help anyone.

The only recourse we have, is every chance we get is to ram the point home that saying that same stupid damn line over and over again is offensive and disrespectful.

But of course, if they actually cared, they wouldn't have said it even once.

CovertRain
08-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Do you have a comprehension problem or just ignoring the point? I said they have a tough job because I am sure they would love to say more than they are allowed to say. I know your bitter but you should try understanding the point before ranting about something someone says.

Things change. I think if a game doesn't have the financial support to justify more development that is called good business. I don't like it. I wish it wasn't the case but at least I can be logical about it. My issue isn't with the fact that they game may not justify additional support. My issue is with the fact that Ubisoft took so long to make a statement and as far as I am concerned was stringing along their user base. This isn't the first time Ubisoft has done something like this with a title. That's what bugs me and why I will no longer be supporting them as a company.

Also, it sounds like you personally would never say something like "I will never by another Ubisoft game" because you wouldn't have the will power to follow through. You are not everyone. There are plenty of games to play with a ton of developers out there. I have no issues skipping any of the titles you mention above for a nanosecond.

Last but not least, you are delusional if you think complaining over and over as you are suggesting means a damn thing. The only thing that matters to any business is revenue. You hurt them in the pocket book....not the proverbial ear (i.e. "ram the point"). I think you are the one kidding yourself if you think any of your complaining is more important than not buying future titles.

Captain_Summers
08-17-2017, 01:22 AM
TL;DR

Whine, whine, yawn... whine, yawn...

That about sum your posts up?

CovertRain
08-18-2017, 12:16 AM
Says the guy advocating complaining over and over again to make a difference. :D

THE IRONY!

danniibii
08-19-2017, 08:22 AM
I would love for some new content but right now I just wish the game actually worked.
I was one of the ones that bought PSVR just for this game and I can't play it for longer than 15 minutes before being booted with error 21. Happened since I got the game and is still happening now. Ubi have tried to tell me it's my ports not being forwarded correctly but every single game in my PS library has never had a problem so I fail to see why BC should be any different. Been through all their hoops and still not working so I'm more pissed than anyone.

Complete waste of time.

Captain_Summers
08-19-2017, 03:47 PM
I would love for some new content but right now I just wish the game actually worked.
I was one of the ones that bought PSVR just for this game and I can't play it for longer than 15 minutes before being booted with error 21. Happened since I got the game and is still happening now. Ubi have tried to tell me it's my ports not being forwarded correctly but every single game in my PS library has never had a problem so I fail to see why BC should be any different. Been through all their hoops and still not working so I'm more pissed than anyone.

Complete waste of time.

Itís your internet connection.

If you donít know how to diagnose this, just let me know or come online into a,party chat and weíll diagnose it.

Captain_Summers
08-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Says the guy advocating complaining over and over again to make a difference. :D

THE IRONY!

In one sentence you are wrong about every point and assumption youíve made.

But as you canít do simple English comprehension, Iím not surprised.

Hiyate20
08-23-2017, 06:49 AM
it's so sad to see that the community has now turned against itself due to lack of response from devs. frustrations have basically reached the boiling point with players. It's the equivalent of putting a large group of people in a room together and telling them "we will be right with you". Then locking the door behind you while slowly increasing the temp in the room over time.

A simple "we are considering/thinking about some features but have nothing to report at this time" would at least leave players a glimmer of hope that something will come in the future. it would at least tell me that they are looking into stuff and working on something but they cant say what it is yet..but they would be working on something at least.

filmgeek47
08-23-2017, 08:14 AM
it's so sad to see that the community has now turned against itself due to lack of response from devs. frustrations have basically reached the boiling point with players. It's the equivalent of putting a large group of people in a room together and telling them "we will be right with you". Then locking the door behind you while slowly increasing the temp in the room over time.

A simple "we are considering/thinking about some features but have nothing to report at this time" would at least leave players a glimmer of hope that something will come in the future. it would at least tell me that they are looking into stuff and working on something but they cant say what it is yet..but they would be working on something at least.

Yeah. I don't know if the Ubisoft community managers are just inept, or if their hands are being tied by those in charge. Either way, this is NOT how you treat your customers if you want to grow your brand, or any sense of customer loyalty. This whole experience has encouraged me not to buy Ubisoft games in the future, much less promote the game.

khoalb
08-23-2017, 06:05 PM
As of June, an Ubisoft moderator said on the Suggestions & Feedback thread that they were still accepting suggestions and forwarding them to the development team. That indicates that there's probably some kind of development going on behind the scenes.

CovertRain
08-23-2017, 07:36 PM
In one sentence you are wrong about every point and assumption youíve made.

But as you canít do simple English comprehension, Iím not surprised.

Oh wow. The guy that can't comprehend is accusing someone else of not being able to comprehend.

HEY BRUNO!

CovertRain
08-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Yeah. I don't know if the Ubisoft community managers are just inept, or if their hands are being tied by those in charge. Either way, this is NOT how you treat your customers if you want to grow your brand, or any sense of customer loyalty. This whole experience has encouraged me not to buy Ubisoft games in the future, much less promote the game.

Which the above was my point. To be clear, I have not turned against the community. However, the above poster has a history here of attacking other forum members who disagree with him.

Captain_Summers
08-23-2017, 09:07 PM
1. I will always call people on their bullcrap. If they pitch a fevered, desperate idea begging to be implemented, that is clearly not thought out well, ludicrous or just purile, I'm going to call those idiots on it.

2. YOU attacked me. I have never attacked anyone. Their stupidity, their poor 'ideas' yes, but Ive NEVER attacked anyone.

3. You need to take off your rose coloured glasses and stop seeing the world how you think it is, not how it actually presents itself.

4. Stop assuming everyone on the Internet has a *****. It just shows your inherent misogyny and entitlement.

5. Give me your PayPal email address, I'd like to send you some money so you can buy a clue.

6. For the FIRST TIME 5. WAS a personal attack... see how they differ?

7. Grow up.

Captain_Summers
08-23-2017, 09:51 PM
And bear in mind, you only started on me when I pointed out that the idiots that think the JJ Abrams 'Star Trek' is real star trek are in fact, idiots.

In 2009 in an interview he even said that he didn't understand star trek. It was too intellectual for him and that there wasn't enough fighting and explosions.

If you think that Star Trek wants or needs those then a) you're an idiot and b) you don't even understand Star Trek.

A year before this game was released I asked the devs to comment on where there would be any missions that DIDN'T require someone to be killed - and as usual for this community - no one replied.

To have a Star Trek game where your only solution to a mission is to kill someone just PROVES that JJ Abrams and his idiotic fans don't understand the franchise.

Captain_Summers
08-23-2017, 09:55 PM
And let's also consider the rest of the JJ Abrams abortion that they call Star Trek.

George Samuel Kirk is killed, and then all of a sudden every ship is designed differently, or stupidly built on the planet and not in space?

How every scene change the crew are in a different uniform and Starfleet is suddenly ultra-militaristic?

You can watch Star Trek Into Darkness and count the uniform changes and you need at least TWO HANDS.

It's pathetic drivel. There is no 'heart', no intelligence, no charisma and no consequence.

But now i see why you and some of the other's on here probably like it.

WeirdWizardDave
08-23-2017, 10:12 PM
2. YOU attacked me. I have never attacked anyone. Their stupidity, their poor 'ideas' yes, but Ive NEVER attacked anyone.

You attack people all the time, the very first post I ever read on this forum the day I bought the game had you attacking the poster, you've attacked me personally multiple times, in fact its rare to read a post from you in which you don't attack someone. In fact as astonishing as it may be you are probably one of the most aggressive regular poster I've ever seen on any forum I've frequented.

I get that you are angry that Star Trek has been neglected in its original form and somewhat abused in its movie franchise form (although lets face it the movies have always been action movies, at least from the 2nd one onwards). But that does't give you licence to be a **** (whether you have one or not) to other people here or anywhere else, nor does it make you the only right and true arbiter of what is and isn't Star Trek.

WeirdWizardDave
08-24-2017, 12:25 AM
Oh, it’s you again, see #1 above.

Nor are you the arbiter of what constitutes a good idea and even when you occasionally have a sound point you present it in such hostile and offensive terms as to utterly undermine your position and only harm the game and community. In fact your whole attitude is about as antithetical to the ideals of Star Trek as it possible to get.

And when you lose a debate, rather then admit you're wrong you just stop responding.

filmgeek47
08-24-2017, 02:14 AM
Common sense, intelligence, experience and rationality are tools one can use to determine a good idea, from stupid, ridiculous ones.

If you had any of the afore mentioned skills, you'd know why your ideas and suggestions were so bad.

As you don't, it falls to those of us who do, to tell you.

What you don't like is people telling you when you're wrong. I suggest you take your over inflated and stimulated ego back to the rock you crawled out from under.

Humility, self control, and self-awareness are tools that you can use to be a decent human being.

Summers, I've said this before, and I respect your dedication to the game, but you can call people out for bad ideas without being rude or condescending. I've absolutely seen you attack a variety of posters. What you call pointing out stupity, we all see as angry ranting. Not that it matters since the community appears to be dead anyway, but if you want more people to respect you, act like someone who deserves it.

For what it's worth though, I'd like to apologize on behalf of all male gamers for the misogyny I'm sure you've had to put up with (no sarcasm here, I seriously can't imagine being a woman in the game community, it's like the dark ages).

WeirdWizardDave
08-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Common sense, intelligence, experience and rationality are tools one can use to determine a good idea, from stupid, ridiculous ones.

If you had any of the afore mentioned skills, you'd know why your ideas and suggestions were so bad.

As you don't, it falls to those of us who do, to tell you.

What you don't like is people telling you when you're wrong. I suggest you take your over inflated and stimulated ego back to the rock you crawled out from under.

See, virtually everything you say is either a direct or indirect personal attack, your arguments against peoples ideas are at best about 5% genuine intelligent challenge, 10% ill thought out reactionary challenge, 10% straw men you erect yourself and 75% personal insults along the lines of "you smell so your idea is stupid". Its rude, aggressive bullying and frankly I'm sick of it, you've been trolling about this forum treating it like your personal private domain in which you can shout down and abuse anyone that takes your fancy. You've poisoned the atmosphere of what would otherwise be a small but pleasant community. It's wrong and shouldn't be tolerated, as I said its about as far from the ideals of Star Trek as I can imagine someone being without ending up in jail.

Get over yourself, you're not gods gift to the Star Trek franchise and you don't appear to have any meaningful knowledge or experience of game design or the realities that govern game developers like Red Storm. So do everyone a favour and get off your high horse and accept everyone here has a right to able to share their ideas without being abused and belittled.

WeirdWizardDave
08-24-2017, 12:31 PM
MODS - please close this thread it's not going anywhere.

I would, if I thought these people would listen, write a more detailed examination of reasoning of my points, but there isn't any point to that.

Just move along. I'm done with this thread.

So you can dish it out but the second someone stands up to you its time to close the thread.

I don't believe you've worked on games because you've demonstrated no understanding of the financial realities Red Storm is under and some of your suggestions have been so fundamental to the core of the game that it would take a complete redesign to implement, and many of the objections you've raised have demonstrated a pretty weak understanding of platform and software architecture. So go ahead and list those games for us and exactly what your role was, I'd be interested to find out who would hire someone with your attitude.

I did try to engage you in a proper adult discussion, I wrote 2 lengthy replies explaining exactly why most of your objections where invalid or could be mitigated and acknowledged the weakness where they were but argued that didn't undermine the whole concept. Largely ignoring your various personal insults I might add, and your response to that was silence. Turns out maybe my idea wasn't so flawed after all, but hey I never said all ideas where equal I said everyone has a right to express their ideas without having abuse hurled at them.

Edit
Yet again you quote statistics that you literally pulled out of your a$$... you are a joke.
Lets see, that's 2 insults and a half a ill thought out reactionary challenge

You don't know my CV or my history or experience. Suffice it to say I could name you 4 AAA games that have my name in the credits from a MAJOR publisher / developer, as I have been a games software engineer. I know more about how the games industry actually works that you will ever know.
Unsupported claim lets whack that in the ill thought out column, followed by and insult.

So shut up with your pointless and meaningless blathering.
Insult

Your problem is that you fail to be able to be critical of your own opinions and like most snowflakes think that your opinion counts equally. It doesn't, It's just life, but some ideas are better than others. Some things make more sense than others.
Straw man.

Get over yourself. You might be listened to in the future. But no longer here.
Another insult to finish up

So that's 1.5 itrc's (20%), 5 insults (66%) and a straw man (14%) off a single sample. Not far off really, I could go back over more of your post history but meh I think my estimates are close enough to the truth.

CovertRain
08-25-2017, 12:13 AM
So you can dish it out but the second someone stands up to you its time to close the thread.

I don't believe you've worked on games because you've demonstrated no understanding of the financial realities Red Storm is under and some of your suggestions have been so fundamental to the core of the game that it would take a complete redesign to implement, and many of the objections you've raised have demonstrated a pretty weak understanding of platform and software architecture. So go ahead and list those games for us and exactly what your role was, I'd be interested to find out who would hire someone with your attitude.

I did try to engage you in a proper adult discussion, I wrote 2 lengthy replies explaining exactly why most of your objections where invalid or could be mitigated and acknowledged the weakness where they were but argued that didn't undermine the whole concept. Largely ignoring your various personal insults I might add, and your response to that was silence. Turns out maybe my idea wasn't so flawed after all, but hey I never said all ideas where equal I said everyone has a right to express their ideas without having abuse hurled at them.

Edit
Lets see, that's 2 insults and a half a ill thought out reactionary challenge

Unsupported claim lets whack that in the ill thought out column, followed by and insult.

Insult

Straw man.

Another insult to finish up

So that's 1.5 itrc's (20%), 5 insults (66%) and a straw man (14%) off a single sample. Not far off really, I could go back over more of your post history but meh I think my estimates are close enough to the truth.

Just when I thought the IRONY couldn't get thicker. The guy that insults people left and right, acts like his "feeling" or "thoughts" are better than everyone who disagrees is basically trying to grab his toys, pout and go home. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, that guy insults and talks down to people all the time. Talk about entitled. Evidently, Captain Summers feels he is entitled to be king of the forums. Dear Lord.

CovertRain
08-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Told ya. Star Trek Bridge Crew was just another, "hehe! Isn't VR cool, Grandma!" experience. It wasn't built for gamers. it was built for shiggles (sh*ts 'n giggles).

So, did you all get enough cute little shiggles for the buck, or what? Tee-hee! SO COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

VR wasn't built for gamers yet sold over the most units (million) to PSVR gamers? Wait what? Considering the cost out of the gate rivals console prices it's amazing they sold that many. Cost is still a huge barrier for folks. Vive & Oculus are rumored to have sold a half a million each and that price barrier is even higher consider you have to have a beefy PC. That doesn't include the Gear VR and all the others coming out.

Did you even play Bridge Crew or are you trolling and don't have VR?

filmgeek47
08-28-2017, 07:36 PM
VR wasn't built for gamers yet sold over the most units (million) to PSVR gamers? Wait what? Considering the cost out of the gate rivals console prices it's amazing they sold that many. Cost is still a huge barrier for folks. Vive & Oculus are rumored to have sold a half a million each and that price barrier is even higher consider you have to have a beefy PC. That doesn't include the Gear VR and all the others coming out.

Did you even play Bridge Crew or are you trolling and don't have VR?

Can't say I blame you for trying but "don't feed the troll."

UbiSkyBear
09-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Locking this thread. If you have any questions, please see the Ubisoft Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142069&viewfull=1#post10142069).