PDA

View Full Version : bombing salvos

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Just a question, can you drops all bombs at the same time from the Stuka. It's annoying when you have one big and four small bombs as payload. I've noticed AI planes can do it...this is in the original IL2. If not is it fixed in FB??

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Just a question, can you drops all bombs at the same time from the Stuka. It's annoying when you have one big and four small bombs as payload. I've noticed AI planes can do it...this is in the original IL2. If not is it fixed in FB??

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Yep u gotta press button 4 on ur stick more than once. :-)

not the answer u wanted i know but as far as i know its the only way.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 03:36 PM
joeap wrote:
- Just a question, can you drops all bombs at the same
- time from the Stuka.

Just push the bomb release button quickly, once for each set of bombs.

However, I've noticed a weird stuff on Stuka after the patch: when I engage aerobrakes, all the bombs are immediately dropped...
Maybe I'm wrong, but those brakes were used to avoid getting too fast during bombing dives. Thus, one is supposed to open them at the beginning of the dive, then drop the bombs, and finally close aerobrakes and zoom up... or not??

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Cippacometa wrote:
- However, I've noticed a weird stuff on Stuka after
- the patch: when I engage aerobrakes, all the bombs
- are immediately dropped...

Yep, it's the automatic bomb releaser that's the culprit here. It dumps the bombs for you at 500 metres or lower.

Only thing you can do here, if you really want to use the dive brakes, start diving from a greater altitude.... I usually dive from 1000-1300 metres, 500 doesn't give you much time anyway.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:07 PM
IIJG54_Engel wrote:
- Yep, it's the automatic bomb releaser that's the
- culprit here. It dumps the bombs for you at 500
- metres or lower.
-
- Only thing you can do here, if you really want to
- use the dive brakes, start diving from a greater
- altitude.... I usually dive from 1000-1300 metres,
- 500 doesn't give you much time anyway.
-
-

Thanx, I'll try!!
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks, too bad as my nose wants to come up the minute the first bomb set is released.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 05:44 PM
joeap wrote:
- Thanks, too bad as my nose wants to come up the
- minute the first bomb set is released.
-
-

Apparantly RL Stukas were fitted with a system that pulled the nose up after the bombs were released. Can anyone confirm?

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes, they did, and so do the IL2FB ones. After patch 1.11 the bombsight altitude keys can be used to set a minimum pullout altitude for the Stuka. When using the divebrakes, if this altitude is reached, all bombs are dropped, the divebrakes are turned off, and the plane is trimmed back to level flight.

Note, this applies only while using the divebrakes, I can't confirm if the Stukas had pullup on manual bomb release. Most likely it's just the effects of the weight change and centre of gravity change from the bomb release you're seeing.

Message Edited on 10/08/0311:02PM by dapendragon