PDA

View Full Version : Parry to give initiative and block combos from opponent.

Maaci
07-31-2017, 02:46 AM
Instead of a "free" attack as of now and on ptr, it should instead NOT interrupt combat and give no "free" damage.
instead it stop combos from the enemy while also giving you the frame advantage.
So after a successfull parry, the game doesnt stop but it continues. No flow block.

Its a back and forth mechanic the one iam introducing.

Then from there, we could have some class specific moves for various characters after a parry.

One char could start a combo immediately for example. Lets say, starts in chain 2.
One char could get a faster speed heavy attack right after.
One char could speed up the tempo if two parries are within 5sec(fits conquerer)~, resets after x time but also goes faster the more parries within x time aswell.

Then with this in mind, introduce combos to the game. Make them not stagger on block, and make them unique.
These suggestions were brought up several months ago, but at that time the devs didnt respond. Iam curious what a dev says about these suggestions since i dont these ones often at all.

COMBOS?
Yes as in tekken, as a guy said in a thread recently. Thats a good explanation.
They give different speed , and damage and so on. Also some char could perhaps do an unblockable move at chain 4 for example
LOTS OF VARIATION HERE is possible.

With this in mind, worth noting if you arent aware is that for defensive classes, we could have some defensive combos or so. I mean, perhaps conquerer (just example) could get a unique ACTIVE block. Not the passive he has now iam talking active.
Ex: If you time the block you hit the enemies attack with the shield, now the attacker drains stamina, or gets a bit of damage. Or something else.
Sort of like this. Remember this was just an example, let the mind flow of ideas.

Yeah btw, i am thinking of maybe removing his passive block and isntead give him some active defensive play. I think this is a more healthy gameplay.
But its not my job to come up with some smart ideas here. I dont even know if ubisoft likes this.

The drawback to these suggestions several months ago was that we didnt know what goal ubisoft had with this game. So we said that the animation work here probably makes them not wanna do this but since you have shown us you are here for the long term, perhaps its a possibility now?

Knight_Raime
07-31-2017, 10:59 AM
If this were a true blue fighting game i'd agree. But it isn't like that. and even if every character had more depth than they are getting with these changes on ptr it still wouldn't be enough.
For honor is more of a glorified fencing game than actual fighting game.

As things are on ptr nearly every hero has some sort of mix up potential after parrying a light that gets them in. either directly with a light into a mix up. or a mix up without landing a light after the parry. this is good enough.

Now they need to make specific hero tweaks.

Maaci
07-31-2017, 10:24 PM
I dont buy that. If this was a fencing game we wouldnt have big interruptions in combat such as how parry works right now. The gameplay would be back and forth and the mindgames wouldnt be as big as it is.
Not sure what i would classify the game as, but not like a fencing game thats for sure.

With my changes, heroes needs tweaks. Alot of tweaks, yes.

I just dont like the current system. And the dev said he wanted to introduce more 50/50 in the game, where you have to guess. Then why not introduce it as it is in tekken then?

Since the dev didnt respond to this i guess ubisoft dont want this. Well if so, then iam out.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2017, 12:03 AM
I dont buy that. If this was a fencing game we wouldnt have big interruptions in combat such as how parry works right now. The gameplay would be back and forth and the mindgames wouldnt be as big as it is.
Not sure what i would classify the game as, but not like a fencing game thats for sure.

With my changes, heroes needs tweaks. Alot of tweaks, yes.

I just dont like the current system. And the dev said he wanted to introduce more 50/50 in the game, where you have to guess. Then why not introduce it as it is in tekken then?

Since the dev didnt respond to this i guess ubisoft dont want this. Well if so, then iam out.

Fencing irl is a lot about reading and reacting and mind games.
Your typical fighting game has lots of combos, frame trapping, etc etc.

For honor was built around reacting. and with mind games. That's why I say it's more like fencing than an actual fighter game. someone could probably say what i'm trying to a lot better.
I am not familiar with what tekken does. never followed it.

devs don't respond here far as I know. just moderators and community managers.

Maaci
08-01-2017, 02:35 AM
fencing is really fast paced, just watched at youtube - for honor doesnt resemble it imo

Tekken combos differ in attack speed and damage. Light, heavy, heavy in for honor would be a fast light, slow heavy and than the third very fast for example.
If this was added in for honor, the enemy wouldnt want the opponent to reach the third attack so he would always interrupt the second attack.

This add class skill. The class you play you need knowledge and practice with, and cant just use the universal attacks and defensive tools.

The options you could add here is huge.
Light, heavy, heavy - third attack an unblockable.
Light ,heavy, guardbreak

With a tekken combo style, some more defensive options would be nice as well.

Either way, i know devs dont respond, i meant staff.

BudgetParrot118
08-01-2017, 04:03 AM
As it now one **** up with centurion I'm done. So that makes me not like your idea. There is some forgiveness even if you get parried you still aren't ducking dead.

To start with centurion can bring you to empty health bar as he is. Even if I parry someone I don't have enough stamina to take them out let alone end a fight. That's with warlord and berserker by the way. The opposition can always parry and react...Centurion stuns in his chain **** everything up,and make his one combo a finisher.

BudgetParrot118
08-01-2017, 04:05 AM
I want longer more technical battles. To be honest about it. I don't want quicker. The problem is people. Like the round I just experienced. 3 runners one raider in elimination.

They run to a coordinated area where the Raider is waiting and he comes out of nowhere charges you Thurs you over the cliff did that s*** to us the whole f****** match

BudgetParrot118
08-01-2017, 04:06 AM
Honestly I like for Honor right about the start of season 2 excluding connectivity and that seems to be as good as it's gotten as crazy as that sounds it wasn't as f*****-up and toxic as it is now.

BudgetParrot118
08-01-2017, 04:09 AM
The problem is I think the game kinda needs to be a little simplified it's gotten too complicated and out of hand and it has Buff's in it that just quite frankly they don't belong because of the fact that they can be abused. I dodge out of raider carry every time for the most part.

I don't know why they don't do technical Buffs or if they do a buff make it have a player sacrifice more of their stamina for doing it that way it wouldn't be in their best interest to keep repeatedly doing that f****** move.

That way if it's implemented Tastefully in a combo it can be a cool thing but in the sense of just using the punch over and over in a combo well then if you don't kill your enemy you've just f***** yourself

Maaci
08-01-2017, 05:16 AM
Not exactly sure what you are saying budgetparrot, but i think i have an idea.
Now i havent played the new heroes since i dont play the game.

But the reason we have or have had the "boring combos",(i call it that) is because attacking isnt encouraged or effecient in for honor. Now, the new patch might change it for the better, who knows.
But with my suggestions in mind, a deep look into every character would be neccesary, i dont see a problem with that since combat adjustments will be made no matter what and that will lead to a deeper look into characters anyway.

Maaci
08-01-2017, 05:19 AM
Not exactly sure what you are saying budgetparrot, but i think i have an idea.
Now i havent played the new heroes since i dont play the game.

But the reason we have or have had the "boring combos",(i call it that) is because attacking isnt encouraged or effecient in for honor. Now, the new patch might change it for the better, who knows.
But with my suggestions in mind, a deep look into every character would be neccesary, i dont see a problem with that since combat adjustments will be made no matter what and that will lead to a deeper look into characters anyway.

Beeing crowdcontrolled isnt fun nor does it fit a gasme like this. I want to interract with back and forth gameplay.