PDA

View Full Version : Watching the tournament and...

Jediknight482
07-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Its literally Raider charge everywhere. Pure cancer. Why did they allow raider to be a choice again? It was like watching the Shugoki charge all over again. Shame on you Ubi devs. A lot of really talented gamers missed out on the LA trip because of this.

That_guy44
07-29-2017, 10:11 PM
I haven't been home for a week so forgive me, but I thought they slowed the charge speed down recently? People are still using that?

Lyskir
07-29-2017, 11:52 PM
as a raider main since the beta the tourney was really painfull to watch.....

all those raider bandwagoners

but in the end, it dosnt even matter cause a shugoki won :D

Linnix1
07-30-2017, 12:40 AM
Wait a shugoki won? What alternate timeline and I in cause I don't like it.

Lyskir
07-30-2017, 01:15 AM
Wait a shugoki won? What alternate timeline and I in cause I don't like it.

yeah shugo vs Pk

it was not even close, sypher dominated that pk

but to be honest i dont know if he reached the finals without raider , he swiched only in the finals to shugo

Moondyne_MC
07-30-2017, 01:47 AM
yeah shugo vs Pk

it was not even close, sypher dominated that pk

but to be honest i dont know if he reached the finals without raider , he swiched only in the finals to shugo

Dang for real? I've been trying Shugo as of late and can't even comprehend one winning at tournament level lmao. Any vids up?

That_guy44
07-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Dang for real? I've been trying Shugo as of late and can't even comprehend one winning at tournament level lmao. Any vids up?

I got to see this clip as well. My little brain can't even fathom that outcome happening.

Tyrjo
07-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Did a Shugoki really "win the tournament" by playing only one game, the final with it? I don't think so.

Lyskir
07-30-2017, 10:26 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162893035

btw its the Qualifier not the actuall tournament

its starting at 04:25:00

TGBent
07-30-2017, 10:42 AM
The sad thing is that all these tournament players like Sypher, who will do everything to win, never seem to realize that the point of any tournament (also in other sports or e-sports) is not to find out who is better at winning by using any means possible, but to attract viewers by being entertaining. Sponsors don't give away prize money because they are at awe at how good someone can cheese, they want viewers, and viewers want interesting games.

By playing like this, Sypher and the others just undermine themselves, because no wants to watch For Honor tournaments with players just Shugoki charging, Warlord charging or Raider charging and thereby completely circumventing the actual point of the game: fighting!

They are doing the complete opposite of what would help the (barely existing) e-sport scene of this game grow, and they are either not even realizing it, or they just simply don't care. Don't know what is worse for this game.

Lyskir
07-30-2017, 10:51 AM
The sad thing is that all these tournament players like Sypher, who will do everything to win, never seem to realize that the point of any tournament (also in other sports or e-sports) is not to find out who is better at winning by using any means possible, but to attract viewers by being entertaining. Sponsors don't give away prize money because they are at awe at how good someone can cheese, they want viewers, and viewers want interesting games.

By playing like this, Sypher and the others just undermine themselves, because no wants to watch For Honor tournaments with players just Shugoki charging, Warlord charging or Raider charging and thereby completely circumventing the actual point of the game: fighting!

They are doing the complete opposite of what would help the (barely existing) e-sport scene of this game grow, and they are either not even realizing it, or they just simply don't care. Don't know what is worse for this game.

i agree, the whole tournament is not about skill, its about abusing broken mechanics, its a bit sad

at least his last game with shugo was ok^^

RatedChaotic
07-30-2017, 02:44 PM
I wouldnt watch it anyway. Its a marketing ploy with using popular players/streamers. Not an actual tourney anyway. I would probly see the same players from previous tournaments. Sypher..... imagine that.... Lets face it....I can never say MLB NFL NHL or Boxing has never had any rigged situations. I definitely wouldnt say these tournaments are totally legit, either

#boring #rigged

Antonioj26
07-30-2017, 04:14 PM
I wouldnt watch it anyway. Its a marketing ploy with using popular players/streamers. Not an actual tourney anyway. I would probly see the same players from previous tournaments. Sypher..... imagine that.... Lets face it....I can never say MLB NFL NHL or Boxing has never had any rigged situations. I definitely wouldnt say these tournaments are totally legit, either

#boring #rigged

I doubt that it's #rigged for the exact reason that it is #boring. What do they stand to gain by showing off two raiders running into eachother over and over again? That's not entertaining and it's not going to get them more business. Could be wrong but doesn't make sense to me that this would be the end result of an evil shadow government that's trying to get more money.

I would argue that it even hurts their business that exploits that are shown time and time again in tournaments push new and existing customers away.

CandleInTheDark
07-30-2017, 04:53 PM
I definitely do think that issues like the known exploits and cheesing need to be dealt with if it is ever going to get a platform, have organisers ever tried, rather than banning a character, banning the kind of cheese moves that give them their notoriety? It would be hard to monitor for large scale tournaments but smaller ones certainly, can't say I have watched many or how feasible that would be. More likely it is the case these things need dealing with before there is any kind of chance of it picking up traction.

The point raised by character switching is an interesting one, would it be seen as a more legit thing if throughout one particular tournament people were asked to stick with one character? I ask this because a channel in my country has only really started touching on e-sports and I caught a team match in street fighter on the Gfinity series, the expectation was that for this match, if you went in with Vega you were Vega all the way through whoever you were facing, and this was known all throughout as the away team chose the matchup in the fight that decided whether the match was a tie or a clear win. Not saying that For Honor should be copying anyone else (and indeed I said earlier today For Honor isn't Street Fighter and far from runs on the same template) but that is one of the bigger ones out there or was marketed as such in the little bit we got in background.

Mind you, not saying that I am an authority on either of those topics, just questions that popped into mind, I don't keep track of tournaments or the competitive scene.

Netcode_err_404
07-30-2017, 05:48 PM
This game, hopefully, the CURRENT version of this game, is not meant to be competitive at esports level like LOL, dots or csgo.

I've seen a couple of match yesterday, and honestly i stopped to watch it because I felt embarassed

Raiders vs Wardens, stamepede spam vs Sb spam over and over and over.

Warlords vs raiders is even funnier to watch.

Cheese dominates this version of the game.

Here what I mean LOL

https://youtu.be/ZDl6T9MxZFY?t=13962

(Random video, i have no intention in advertising spliced or anything)

CandleInTheDark
07-30-2017, 06:03 PM
I honestly think Dominion would be a better thing to go with, the matches in the premier stream were a hundred times more interesting, the snag to that is they need to get the connection fixed first because you are not going to sell this is the awesome kind of thing you can do when the user experience is not getting through three minutes (and obviously there is the crowd control issue).

JibletHunter
07-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Released charge changes on test and players emphatically said that the startup was too fast. Like almost every bit of player feedback, this was summarily ignored. Now we have streamers and tournaments in which they are explicitly saying raider is broken as hell.

On top of that the tournament was mostly just charge Gb mixups round after round. If not for the morbid curiosity in this game's downward spiral, I would have rather watched paint dry.

Jediknight482
07-30-2017, 11:28 PM
All really great opinions guys. Totally agree. But with that said. Shugoki only won and Sypher only chose Shugoki because all he had to do was place 2nd and he got to go to LA. He made it there, by cheesing his way and so he played his actual or one of his actual mains. ((Warlord being the other)). Also, he whooped on the PK because she/he was given the wins by her teammates so they could go to LA since a couple guys already had their spots secured by getting in the top 8.

UbiNoty
07-30-2017, 11:33 PM
It's definitely not rigged. But we can accept the criticism that there are definitely heroes that are more easy to abuse on a competitive level - and that's on us to address it, which we certainly will look to do.

JibletHunter
07-30-2017, 11:41 PM
It's definitely not rigged. But we can accept the criticism that there are definitely heroes that are more easy to abuse on a competitive level - and that's on us to address it, which we certainly will look to do. However, we are looking though the Hubble telescope, so those changes we are looking at may be a long ways off (see centurion).

Fixed this for you.

TGBent
07-31-2017, 11:39 AM
It's definitely not rigged. But we can accept the criticism that there are definitely heroes that are more easy to abuse on a competitive level - and that's on us to address it, which we certainly will look to do.

It's not just the competitive level. All these cheese strategies are always pretty easy to pull of and also plague average players and 4v4 modes. I recently reinstalled the game after a one month pause to check out what has changed and to take a look at the PTS. I played 4v4s. On live and on PTS, I mainly encountered raiders who did nothing but spam charge and unblockables, and centurions with their usual nonsense. A couple hours later, I uninstalled the game again.

All these "when not locked on" moves have been a problem since the very start of the game and I am just stunned that they continue to be a problem without anyone doing anything about it. The charges and the run attacks serve the purpose of surprising someone, assissting a teammate who is in combat, or to chase someone, so please make them only effective in these situations. Make the running attacks deal only 1 damage but slow the enemy for a couple of seconds, so they are only used to chase people down. Make the running charges cost all of your stamina, so it puts you out of stamina and you only want to use it for cc in a teamfight or to surprise someone near a ledge, who is not paying attention.

RatedChaotic
07-31-2017, 05:27 PM

Well its not intensional on your part. But these Big League Tournament holders are not totally legit. They are in it to make money. Esports has had over 300 cases already for rigged tournaments and many more cases of teams that took payout to lose. FYI....Its rigged whether you chose to believe it or not..

Sorry Antonio theres proof out there that Esports do rig game tournaments. Found that on Lawyers.com.

That_guy44
07-31-2017, 05:41 PM
People cheesing in the tourney ought to be ashamed of themselves. Atleast, that's what I thought till I remembered there are cash prizes for winning in this tourney. Can't knock them for that I guess. Does shine a bad light on the game though. Doesn't really encourage gamers to take For Honor seriously on the competitive scene.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Well its not intensional on your part. But these Big League Tournament holders are not totally legit. They are in it to make money. Esports has had over 300 cases already for rigged tournaments and many more cases of teams that took payout to lose. Its rigged.

Sorry Antonio theres proof out there that Esports do rig game tournaments. Found that on Lawyers.com.

Oh I know that some are I'm not completely naive but it's usually to make a profit. I don't get what profit can be made by showing this. Just imagine you are one of these guys in charge who fixes the tournaments. You can determine who will win and in what way. Is this what your final product would be?

RatedChaotic
07-31-2017, 06:36 PM
Oh I know that some are I'm not completely naive but it's usually to make a profit. I don't get what profit can be made by showing this. Just imagine you are one of these guys in charge who fixes the tournaments. You can determine who will win and in what way. Is this what your final product would be?

Imagine your a player in a rigged tournament with an already a determined victor. Would you play your best? Or would you play like we saw in this tournament? Signs point to rigged.

BudgetParrot118
07-31-2017, 07:09 PM

You said exactly my thoughts to the point. Before they release new moves in new things they should honestly have somebody f****** cheese the s*** out of them and see if they are able to be used abusively.

What's so appealing is you kind of have to have some talent to play this game it is in a matter of one shot your dead. You have to be able to respond to every move that they have.

To every move there's an answer. Again that's what makes the game so fun. And theoretically if someone was really good at reputation 0 they could beat somebody at reputation 30. They stood a chance. Now it's become more of a which character has more unblockables and which character has moves such as raider charge, law bring shove and stun, Centurion with the punching and kicking stamina breaks. Literally if you go online that's all these f****** do is a matter of three of the most overpowered moves they have in their moveset and that's it. The reason is is because they don't have to do anything else and the developers don't see that. The other move that they have are not going to be used. If I Versa lawbringer all he's going to do is shove and stun the whole f****** round and then hack and slash me once I'm f****** knocked down or out of stamina to where I can't fight or defend. Even though raider is annoying he is still beatable sometimes.

It's not a matter of Skill anymore and the thing that pisses me off the most is I play pretty well. I've been playing the game for three months everyday and it doesn't f****** matter if I go against the Centurion I'm dead. All they have to do is just break my stamina down and I'm done.

Another fun thing that I'm noticing as a lot of people are versing the AI now as opposed to actually playing multiplayer opposition. And that's because most of the damn game is unplayable now. Rounds are ultimately decided upon who has the better Centurion player and if you don't have a centurion on your team your f****** dead. Unless you manage to gank the centurion constantly. Considering there's three other players though the likelihood of that happening successfully isn't likely.

BudgetParrot118
07-31-2017, 07:25 PM
And to add to this if the mechanics of this game are fixed on a grand scale we're going to see longer more interesting battles versus short battles that leave a player feeling like they got ****ted on vs actually lost.

A lot of the toxicity comes from the ****y mechanics. When I genuinely lose to a player that actually beat me fairly I'm not angry I want to fight them again and see how I can learn him better my skill it's a positive thing. But when you're thrown over a f****** cliff and you're a rep30 I can see where that gets angry cuz you just spent f****** 3-4 months getting the reputation 30 and all the skill you have doesnt f****** matter. With the mechanics the way they are there's no reward for the players that stick around and stick with the game for months on end to get better at it instead we get to look forward to cheap shots and overpowered character mechanics

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Imagine your a player in a rigged tournament with an already a determined victor. Would you play your best? Or would you play like we saw in this tournament? Signs point to rigged.

But why would the people who rigged the tournament let me play like this? This doesn't benefit them at all, it makes the game look like absolute crap.

Linnix1
07-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Think of it like this there's usually a side betting on who wins the tournement. If I bet a load of money on this shmuck no one else bet on and fix it so he wins I'll be rolling in the dough. They don't care if they game looks good. Only that if they can line there pockets

xECS DESTROYER
07-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Come on, watching two Raiders spinning in circles repeatedly is fun! XD

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Think of it like this there's usually a side betting on who wins the tournement. If I bet a load of money on this shmuck no one else bet on and fix it so he wins I'll be rolling in the dough. They don't care if they game looks good. Only that if they can line there pockets

Lol dude this is for honor, not mcgregor vs mayweather. What kind of high stakes bets do you think are going on in this game?

Linnix1
07-31-2017, 08:29 PM
You be surprised how much money gets better on game tournements.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 08:38 PM
You be surprised how much money gets better on game tournements.

Yeah maybe cS go, smash, or overwatch sure but not for honor. Viewership sucks and it's because it's boring to watch. Raiders charging at eachother= Less entertainment= less viewership= less bets= less schmucks= less money. It's hilarious to me that you guys think people care about this game enough to go through the effort of rigging it, and rigging it to be an all cheese buffet.

Rikuto01.tv
08-01-2017, 01:46 AM

No, the point of a tournament is to win. We're not walking advertisements and we don't give a damn what other people think.

TGBent
08-01-2017, 09:53 AM
No, the point of a tournament is to win. We're not walking advertisements and we don't give a damn what other people think.

Thank you for proving my point.

Draghmar
08-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Hahaha...yeah...all the sports in the world are played only for the 'win' part. It has nothing to do with popularity and money.
The point of any tournament is: to win, to entertain and to give profit (directly or in-directly) to those who organize them and to those who are placed at the top at the end or are just popular for some reason. You really want to say that when country is organizing Olympic Games it does it only to gave participants way to win? And the same goes for e-sports.

vgrimr_J
08-01-2017, 01:50 PM

raider is becoming part of the cancer with centurion spamming ub and unlock charge