PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking balancing has gotten worse.

Moondyne_MC
07-26-2017, 01:24 AM
Probably entirely coincidental, but since 1.09 EVERY 4v4 match is a complete blowout, one way or another. 9/10 games I'll have the message "your skill is slightly higher than your allies, on par with your enemies", and it shows. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I'm continually getting stuck with people who have no idea how to parry, will throw themselves like lemmings in to the same zone with all 4 enemies ALL match, hit you in the back while you're attacking, every stupid thing you could want out of a dominion teammate, I get them.

ChampionRuby50g
07-26-2017, 01:55 AM
Can't say for myself because I haven't played today, but that should be fixed with 1.10.

UbiJurassic
07-26-2017, 02:09 AM
1.10 should have a fix that correctly displays the skill rating now. Patch 1.10 came to consoles today and will be coming to PC players on Thursday, due to a bug in the PC build.

PAZUZU16
07-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Match making is still a bit off. I'm a combined 16 rep and like the OP I've been put into lobbies with people that as the game say On par with" and they can't play for crap. but I've noticed since they now add all your characters rep together I've noticed a lot of rep 0-5. Before this all I'd see was reps depending on the character you're using. All this tells me that many players have stared the game over under new names to get the lower rep numbers.

Moondyne_MC
07-26-2017, 11:07 AM
I wasn't really talking about the skill rating as such, more actual matchmaking. I'm seeing a HEAP of rep 0-5's being paired with 60+'s and the like. It's as if matchmaking itself isn't factoring in levels at all anymore.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 11:16 AM
will throw themselves like lemmings in to the same zone with all 4 enemies ALL match, hit you in the back while you're attacking, every stupid thing you could want out of a dominion teammate, I get them.

There is no way to put a skill rating on common sense and intelligence, which is what's lacking in these cases. If the game measures anything, it will be things like W/L and K/D. Both of these can be manipulated and don't say anything about the brain of the player. Then again all matchmaking searches take place with the skill requirement set to ALL SKILL LEVELS, so that's skill based matchmaking out the window from the start.

Level based matchmaking is non-existant. I am consistently the highest Rep character in all of my maches, by far, both in terms of overall account Rep and the Rep of the character I am playing.

If despite the fact the game is able to pick anyone from any skill level to put in a team with my Rep 14 Peacekeeper it still can only find me a couple of below Rep 1 guys with grey gear, then I think it's safe to assume that who you get matched with / against is a random lottery.

DrinkinMyStella
07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Its says on par with enemies but I seem to be put with low level rep players and against 60+ rep teams.

franix209
07-26-2017, 03:53 PM
I can underdstand matchmaking imperfections given limited player base and short time limits, but why...why... WHY... ??? during 2vs2 match, with 2 low-rep players and 2 high-rep players the algorithm matches low-rep in team A and high-rep in team B instead of mixing teams low-high against low-high ???
(I am not talking about premade 2-players team, I can see this happening often for fully random 4 players)