PDA

View Full Version : OG assassin roster topic

Alustar.
07-25-2017, 10:35 AM
So just a thought, why is it the original assassin roster has so few options for CC compared to the rest of the roster in its entirety..? It seems a little contrary to what you'd expect for light/fast classes.

UbiNoty
07-27-2017, 01:07 AM
I don't typically associate CC with assassins. Assassins to me are squishy, fast, damage - they find an opening, and get in and out before their opponent has a chance to react. Stacking loads of CC on top of that would give them too many options. Usually when I think of CC I think it is more suited to heroes who need that CC in order to find an opening to get in their attacks.

That's just how I feel though.

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 01:55 AM
I see that, but with that speed and agility comes the downside like you said of being squishy, you also have the flip side, the opportunist. It could be something as simple as a nice disengage. Like a swift groin kick and back roll for a peacekeeper (this is for you raiders)

I think a defensive manuever like that would also help the clustering of combat. Think about it, fewer assassins could be caught in the middle of a kill pit leading to more creative encounters and less lives lost.
#assassinslivesmatter

cizash
07-27-2017, 04:17 AM
This isn't wow, we aren't rogues. We're assassins. We assassinate. You sir want to roll a cent. Yes, go roll a cent and stun lock to your hearts content.

You sir, are most definitely not an OG.

bmason1000
07-27-2017, 04:36 AM
So just a thought, why is it the original assassin roster has so few options for CC compared to the rest of the roster in its entirety..? It seems a little contrary to what you'd expect for light/fast classes.
I'm confused. Are you comparing pk, orochi and berserker to shinobi, or to evvvveryone else?

SwellChemosabe
07-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Hello, quick question. What's a CC?

Sykoink
07-28-2017, 12:28 AM
Hello, quick question. What's a CC?

It's an MMO term. CC is Crowd Control, stunning for example.

Alustar.
07-28-2017, 10:42 AM
This isn't wow, we aren't rogues. We're assassins. We assassinate. You sir want to roll a cent. Yes, go roll a cent and stun lock to your hearts content.

You sir, are most definitely not an OG.

Fun fact, games before WoW that had assassins still stuck to DnD style of archetypes. So yes. Yes I think I am. And no, I don't want to run Centurion, I adore my PK, in fact I think I said the opposite of stun locking my opponent, (although most other games with assassins I was able to stun lock my opponents) I was actually thinking (as I even mentioned above if you cared to read) that a disengage would be the best way to do it. Something to incapacitate your target momentarily and get out simultaneously. Besides, it's not like I really -need- it. I do fine without any CC whatsoever. It would just be nice.

I'm confused. Are you comparing pk, orochi and berserker to shinobi, or to evvvveryone else?

I'm comparing the three assassins of the original roster to everyone else on the roster including Shin. I'm wondering why I'm seeing fewer assassin classes in matches, and I think that's why. Why play a class that you have to wait for an opening to exploit when you can just make it yourself.

This is just food for thought, since I know the likelihood of anything coming to fruition is slim to nil.