PDA

View Full Version : FarCry6 (Possible Settings)

GameGuru2018
07-24-2017, 10:25 PM
You may say FarCry5 is not ready yet and you are talking about FarCry6. Better early than later. We know about FarCry5 setting - Montana. Friends, but what do you think about FaCy6? What place do you want? What part of the world do you see as FarCry6 setting? As for me, I see Latin America. It can be some imaginary country (like in FarCry4), some collective image of 3 countries - Columbia, Venezuela and Cuba. Columbia ( drug cortels), Venezuela (breathtaking landscapes), Cuba (revolution romantism). I think that every FarCry should have its own flavor, its own delicate aroma. And I see that FarCry needs Romantiсism......(like it has RDR and The Witcher3)......lonely warrior crossing beautiful landscapes, overcoming all difficulties and doing good. FarCry in Latin America will have much beautiful music.....pretty and sexy women....drug cortels...exotic nature.....jungles......awsome sea coasts....pulms and sunsets. And it must have love story! May be tragic....but love. I see FarCry6 in Latin America like a beautiful "fairy tale" . Mixture of fighting, revolution, tears and pain, love and betrayal, big money temptation, real friendship and its odious drug lords..... Latin America and FarCry are synonymes. Stil I'm sure that there is no better place for FarCry than Latin America! (I've made a little clip, but don't carp at the video and actors. I wanted to express only some spirit.)
https://youtu.be/tXi0XQwSjqk

akilyoung
07-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Fc6???? We dont even have 5 yet! lol

You may be right on that location, but I honestly hope not.

I really want something out there, something way different, like FC5 different.

I would love a futuristic outerspace FC, with planets that you can fly to.

Or, as played out as historical wars have been, something from the past. WW1/2, Vietnam, or even further back. How about something as far fetched as the Jewish revolt against Rome in 66ad? Sounds odd, but would be a pretty sick FC setting, if AC doesnt grab the theme first lol!

Something from the Ottoman era? FC in egypt would have been AMAZING but AC jacked that idea dammit. An alien FC where you play as an ET either on earth, trying to take it over, or on another planet fighting another faction, complete with alien weaponry...

Just throwing out crazy ideas

HorTyS
07-25-2017, 04:48 AM
I'll start by saying that I think discussing FC6 is very premature, I didn't even like topics about FC5 DLC, let alone the next full title. That being said I can't deny having thought about it now that we know what FC5 is about. For instance, I am half hoping the next game is a primal - esque spin off, not set in the stone age but just not modern day, if only to keep the numbered entries as the modern versions and provide them with the necessary dev time to make it more notably different. IF they do another non-modern day entry, my personal vote for that setting would be a viking era with the primary conflict being rival viking tribes but perhaps the later stages being an escalation to fighting the brits or whatever.

The idea of taking it to a sci-fi setting like another planet I would be willing to give a shot, as one of the spin-off games. If I had it my way I'd want them to shop that entry out to Human Head studios and for Ubi to tell them to take all the ideas they were doing for their Prey 2 game and make it work for a Far Cry title.

However, for the next modern day, numbered entry, my number one choice is by far a return to Africa. The variety of landscapes, the HUGE variety of wildlife, and the potential for story is nearly impossible to eclipse with any other modern day setting. Sure, it's been done before, but I'm talking about doing it with something more in line with the current design philosophy in mind. Not to say we shouldn't re-imagine some of the great things FC2 did, like weapon jamming, but it should also have many of the things that FC3 & beyond fixed & improved upon. A larger focus on animals, guarded areas we're able to liberate and use as safehouses/ fast travel, superior stealth capabilities, non-bullet sponge enemies etc.

MrGraves261a
07-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Only premature bc you think so. Great post op! Id like to return to the jungle. Africa was great but the whole open game (Animals) Makes me worry about the devs working on less aggressive animals. It would most def be fetch questing or hunting lions. If they put you somewhere dangerous like smack dab in the amazon, in my opinion is more scary

MrGraves261a
07-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Ya im saying this bc some parts of the amazon are still untouched by man just bc its too damn dangerous. 50ft+ ANACONDAS, PIRANHAS, ELECTRIC EELS (Old but newly discovered) That jump out at ya, BLACK CAIMAN ALIGATOR (one of the largest), BULLSHARKS, NASTY ANT SWARMS, and of course Jaguar's and such.

Now whats to fear in montana? Cats? Bears? Have fun skinning musrats?

akilyoung
07-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Dude these are fantastic ideas!

I would love to see a viking title, (I have Viking/Scandinavian ancestry hehe) And a battle against the early Brit/French tribes would be awesome. Castles, swords, bows, shields, battle axes, maces, spears, trebuchet with rotting cow carcasses. Awesome. Kind of a spin off of For Honor?

I would also love to see another African themed FC again, maybe more in the northern region that includes Egypt. I know that AC is set there now, but maybe they can just make it a PART of the game, in modern times, not the ENTIRE game historically. Run blood diamonds up and down the Nile. Include the sahara biomes, rain forests, etc. Maybe a continuation of the FC2 storyline?

akilyoung
07-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Are you implying there isnt really any deadly animals in Montana?

I hope not, cause Montana has an IMMENSE array of deadly animals...Look into it.

GameGuru2018
07-26-2017, 09:25 PM
Montana - is great place! But I think after two nothern places (Tibeth in FarCry4 and Montana in FarCry5) we need some south location. And, friends, I'm sure that The Greatest FarCrys are only ahead. Let's hope that FarCry2 and FarCry3 were only "warm up" before the future Breathtaking FarCry games!
https://youtu.be/TWOdL5cj5ck

Canadian Beer42
07-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Montana - is great place! But I think after two nothern places (Tibeth in FarCry4 and Montana in FarCry5) we need some south location. And, friends, I'm sure that The Greatest FarCrys are only ahead. Let's hope that FarCry2 and FarCry3 were only "warm up" before the future Breathtaking FarCry games!

The hell? Tibet isn't northern, at all. Though I do agree with going for a South American Far Cry.

HorTyS
07-27-2017, 01:47 AM
When that FC locations survey came out I totally voted for the "drug fueled jungles of peru". It was the only option that retained a normal modern day setting, the rest of them seemed more like spin-offs, which are fine but I prefer the modern day set games....

Fallen-Champ
07-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Vietnam
Russia
South America
Africa

Any of the above.

scrapser
07-28-2017, 06:09 AM
I've been reluctant to suggest this but maybe it's time. There was a great game back in the late 80's called, "Midwinter". It was a FPS sandbox game of sorts and easily could have been a Far Cry game. It even had hang gliding! There is a website that's been around for a few years where someone is supposedly working on a remake but they seem to have stalled. Maybe Ubisoft might be interested in picking up the rights to it. Here is a link to Wikipedia about the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwinter_(video_game)

GameGuru2018
07-28-2017, 05:09 PM
What? Tibeth - is cold place! They have bath only once a year in a special holiday (In modern time may be more often) because climate is dry and cold. Peru - is very mountainous.....will be like FarCry4. And not so romantic place. As Brazil - it is bright and colorful, carnaval and samba ......but not romantic! I'm not even sure that today game industry is ready for Amazon region! Game industry is not ready! Have you played B-version of Kingdom Come Deliverance? The best forest! Just imagine how it will be difficult to develope Amazon jungles! The thickest and the brightest forests in the world! The lungs of the planet! May be 5 years later it will be possible. Who knows?!

Canadian Beer42
07-28-2017, 05:24 PM
What? Tibeth - is cold place! They have bath only once a year in a special holiday (In modern time may be more often) because climate is dry and cold. Peru - is very mountainous.....will be like FarCry4. And not so romantic place. As Brazil - it is bright and colorful, carnaval and samba ......but not romantic! I'm not even sure that today game industry is ready for Amazon region! Game industry is not ready! Have you played B-version of Kingdom Come Deliverance? The best forest! Just imagine how it will be difficult to develope Amazon jungles! The thickest and the brightest forests in the world! The lungs of the planet! May be 5 years later it will be possible. Who knows?!

What're you even talking about anymore? I said that Tibet isn't northern, never said it isn't cold... FC4's Kyrat was basically Tibet.

GameGuru2018
07-28-2017, 05:26 PM
I miss the jungles!:(

HorTyS
07-28-2017, 05:42 PM
There is no "h" in Tibet, it is only silent in the other area Kyrat was inspired by, Kathmandu. At any rate, we'd need the map of whatever location FC6 to place in to be navigable, so it's not like they would recreate the forests so realistically that it would be a struggle just to move through, because that would be detrimental to the design of the game, so just based on that they could fully do the Amazon and have it be appropriately dense to both capture the sense of place while retaining playability...

GameGuru2018
07-30-2017, 07:53 PM
https://youtu.be/hUJwiERVEgk

HorTyS
07-30-2017, 11:52 PM
If FC6 were to be in South America, I'd want to see locations like these:

http://www.gaydestinationweddings.com/Portals/0/PropertyAgent/446/Files/66/shutterstock_192075179_regiondefault.jpg

http://www.ruthhanniffyphotography.com/assets/img/main_gallery.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0CawJcql.jpg

Ubi-Zoro
07-31-2017, 12:37 AM
South America certainly has a vast array of landscapes that would make for an epic FC adventure, I'm loving the ideas you guys are throwing out!

HorTyS
07-31-2017, 07:02 AM
haha, Ubi better have gotten a lot of money for selling Uwe Boll the rights to make that p.o.s.... I would love a return to Africa though, it is my #1 most desired setting. The theory that Jack Carver is the jackal would align quite nicely with your tagline. It's the Jackal, returning after faking his death at the end of FC2 in order to take down the new warlords who took the last one's place after our merc from FC2 killed the original ones. Now the Jackal comes back and they've built outposts and fortressess across bowa--seko & lebowa-sako and it's up to the Jackal to right the wrongs of his former arms dealings that ignited the civil war that is still causing turmoil in the region.

GameGuru2018
08-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Seasides and seacosts........They are wonderful!
https://youtu.be/uKDcv48LfF0

GameGuru2018
08-01-2017, 08:28 PM
And friends, let Jackal be a part of FarCry2.......let Vaas be a part of FarCry3.....They belong to these games. No need to drag them into another FarCry series. New FarCrys will give us new heroes. New charismatic individuals. We need new heroes!:)

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-02-2017, 02:38 AM
i dont know it would not be so bad to see some characters return in saprising ways think if vass showed up in far cry 6 and they never revealed it before the game came out what a great saprise that would be hurk has been in 3 far cry games and willis was in 2 so they have brought characters into other games before the best would be if they made far cry 6 in africa and one character you meet was one of the mercenarys from far cry 2 who is old now and still struggling to survive so he needs your help

HorTyS
08-02-2017, 06:05 AM
i dont know it would not be so bad to see some characters return in saprising ways think if vass showed up in far cry 6 and they never revealed it before the game came out what a great saprise that would be hurk has been in 3 far cry games and willis was in 2 so they have brought characters into other games before the best would be if they made far cry 6 in africa and one character you meet was one of the mercenarys from far cry 2 who is old now and still struggling to survive so he needs your help

Ha, it'd be cool to run into an old, down-trodden Marty Alaincar and help him out of a jam...

scrapser
08-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm liking the ideas for a return to Africa. It gives the game some much needed seasoning for taste. Don't forget adding many twists of allegiances to keep things dicey.

HorTyS
08-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm liking the ideas for a return to Africa. It gives the game some much needed seasoning for taste. Don't forget adding many twists of allegiances to keep things dicey.

Yeah, a good betrayal is always a nice motivator.

GameGuru2018
08-04-2017, 06:09 PM
https://youtu.be/PS8CVnOXdGs

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-05-2017, 01:18 AM
what is far cry 6 was in africa and we play a farmer whose family is killed by a mercenary guarding an oil pipeline being installed by a foreign company so we start going against them and trying to stop them from ruining the country with the oil plants and fighting the mercenarys who protect it and it is an american company we are fighting that could be interesting

GameGuru2018
08-05-2017, 05:00 PM
The most wonderful thing about FarCry6 - we can dream about it!
https://youtu.be/Dxc4SkMDN00

HorTyS
08-05-2017, 06:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cAgLzEl.gif

GameGuru2018
08-05-2017, 09:18 PM
I think some new little towns should appear in FarCry6.....With its own unforgettable atmosphere.....and streets.....
https://youtu.be/VYTHXqPEE48

GameGuru2018
08-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Friends, promote place you like for FarCry6! May be pics or videos. (I make the number six latin because FarCry2,3,4 have arabic numerals. In Latin America... let it be latin - VI)
https://youtu.be/n4qEBMsT960

HorTyS
08-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Aren't those roman numerals?

Ludogator
08-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Well, since I see some similarities between Far Cry and Just Cause games in terms of aesthetics, I'd love a setting similar to Panau:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ4t01x968o

Or maybe some setting based on Russia, there is all - sea access, very high mountains, snow, forrests...

We will see, I just hope it will get even bigger, and all places will be freely accessible (I'd like to visit places such as underground temples from FC3's ancient knife missions).

GameGuru2018
08-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Russia - will be like Montana! I know it very well. I want some Exotic place! :cool:

GameGuru2018
08-15-2017, 08:03 PM
I can say why not Australia! FarCry 5 as I see it must be very american game. It must have american spirit! USA spirit. It must be written all over the game - "Made in USA". But it must have not only USA spirit, but USA country spirit, Montana country spirit. With its mentality. Mentality - is very important. USA and Australia are not so differ in their mentality. They are rather similar. In spite of the fact that Australia is rather exotic place and south place.....So if FarCry6 would be in Australia, for example,it will be like FarCry5 but in the South.(with another plot of course) But Latin America is another mentality, another world. FarCry6 in Latin America will be a completely different game (than FarCry5), completely different spirit and universe.

GameGuru2018
08-15-2017, 08:18 PM
I can say why not Africa! Africa is the most magnificent place on Earth. It is our maternity home. But Africa was in FarCry2. I don't think developers will decide to return to Africa again so fast. But one day FarCry will definately return to Africa. But this time with more advanced next gene technologies.

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-16-2017, 02:03 AM
it would be over 10 years between far cry 2 and far cry 6 plenty of time to revisit such a perfect location