PDA

View Full Version : Big potential problems with the defensive meta changes

Metastopholis
07-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Hello all hope you are all well

I watched a video recently talking about the new proposed defensive meta changes and 2 really good points where brought up in the video.

ill link the video here for anyone who wishes to check it out :)
The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreTWGIpT2E

Now of course we all know it and it is said in the video these proposed changes are not final and can be changed once they are tested
but in saying that there are 2 changes that seem to be a really big problem when put together.

First one is the fact you can no longer parry when out of stamina and the second is the fact parry will drain more stamina (so you can put people into the out of stamina state) now i have not seen many people bring this up on the forums so far....both centurion and warlord have a move that drains basically 90% of someones stamina already once they land a parry and by the sounds of it with the proposed extra stamina drain being put on the parry this would mean that the centurion and warlord will be able to put someone into the out of stamina state with a single parry or with a sliver of stamina left....and of course with how dangerous the out of stamina state will be, this seems a little crazy!.

Plus the fact you can no longer parry when out of stamina will mean centurion needs a single parry to put you into the out of stamina state...and then he can just slam you with heavy's and unblockables that have insane tracking, he will have no fear of being parried and he will have no fear of you just dodging out of the way due to the slower dodge due to being out of stamina and the fact his attacks have crazy tracking.

The video covers it pretty in depth but i just thought id bring this up here seeing as i personally have no seen it brought up yet.

Thanks for your time and i hope a discussion is born out of this thread.

Hope you all have a good day/night.

Lyskir
07-23-2017, 10:11 AM
agree,These are also my worries

Horus-31
07-23-2017, 11:17 AM
I agree with most of what's been said in the video.

I'll just ad this: in my opinion, if they want to implement this new more punitive OOS state, they have to nerf stamina-draining moves: parry, centurion's kick and jab, warlord's heabbutt, etc.

If they want to make OOS state into an "Oh s**t, I messed up!" state, it has to be exactly that. OOS needs to be punishing spammers who don't look at their stamina bar (which will balance the chip damage change), not rewarding every hero with a stamina-draining move and making a god out of the one hero that has a stamina-draining chain.

Lyskir
07-23-2017, 11:18 AM
If they want to implement this new more punitive OOS state, they have to nerf stamina-draining moves: parry, centurion kick and jab, warlord's headbutt, etc.

If they want to make OOS state into an "Oh s**t, I messed up!" state, it has to be exactly that. OOS needs to be punishing spammers who don't look at their stamina bar (which will balance the chip damage change), not rewarding every hero with a stamina draining abilities.

this

CandleInTheDark
07-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Yeah I am hoping they have a good look at unblockables in revenge mode and the centurion in the test, which is why I was asking people to go in with an open mind and give feedback in a constructive way, capital letters and expletives are less likely to be listened to. Can't speak for anyone else but when I see one of those posts all I read is I struggle with this make it stop (even when I know on some level the crowd control the centurion does is crazy).

Tyrjo
07-23-2017, 12:11 PM
The Warlord doesn't have the means for high damage output during the opponent being out of stamina though. The Centurion will probably be able to kill the opponent from 100% health.

Plus there are other classes that can land stamina drains much easier. Shugoki - land a hit, Raider - land a GB, Shinobi - kick.

Mia.Nora
07-23-2017, 12:26 PM
The Warlord doesn't have the means for high damage output during the opponent being out of stamina though. The Centurion will probably be able to kill the opponent from 100% health.

Plus there are other classes that can land stamina drains much easier. Shugoki - land a hit, Raider - land a GB, Shinobi - kick.

Warlord may not be god when opponent in OOS, but since he is immune to defensive meta fixes he will still be S tier character. Look at current top tier WL plays, nothing will change. They will keep going into Full Shield stance the moment opponent moves a muscle. Chip damage is nothing compared to follow up attack they do after block in full stance; they always come on top and they have one of the best HP pools.

So, on top of all that being able to put opponent into OOS that easy, just makes them still S tier.

Netcode_err_404
07-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Warlord may not be god when opponent in OOS, but since he is immune to defensive meta fixes he will still be S tier character. Look at current top tier WL plays, nothing will change. They will keep going into Full Shield stance the moment opponent moves a muscle. Chip damage is nothing compared to follow up attack they do after block in full stance; they always come on top and they have one of the best HP pools.

So, on top of all that being able to put opponent into OOS that easy, just makes them still S tier.

WHen they designed the WL, they wanted to have the defenitive character, with the best of the best.

Well, they did it right.

Tyrjo
07-23-2017, 01:37 PM

I suggested in another thread that WL shouldn't be able to CGB in FB. I think that would balance it out a bit. Duel changes is also coming, the character with the lowest % of health lose, it will prevent tie round turtling.

CandleInTheDark
07-23-2017, 01:46 PM
I suggested in another thread that WL shouldn't be able to CGB in FB. I think that would balance it out a bit. Duel changes is also coming, the character with the lowest % of health lose, it will prevent tie round turtling.

I would need to listen again but I interpreted that as just being in ranked tournament mode or for the Hero series, though there is no reason they wouldn't move it over to regular duel also as they did revenge being disabled.