PDA

View Full Version : Next week big news - I think I know what it is

Vingrask
07-22-2017, 11:02 PM
So I was wondering what would make devs say "you definitly should watch the next W.Den", and since it isn't about the new heroes, only one thing would justify some kind of comment: the Faction War rework!

Am I right?! I know I am. Right?

UbiNoty
07-22-2017, 11:52 PM
You'll find out next week :) You won't regret tuning in.

C00tBAjenkins
07-23-2017, 12:42 AM
You'll find out next week :) You won't regret turning in.

Maybe....dedicated servers.....

Vingrask
07-23-2017, 01:44 AM
You'll find out next week :) You won't regret turning in.

https://media.tenor.com/images/722447114c1d582acf82d4d867b62cf9/tenor.gif

RealJayDee1984
07-23-2017, 09:09 AM
You'll find out next week :) You won't regret tuning in.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTZGC0vnEmNDq/giphy.gif

RatedChaotic
07-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Maybe....dedicated servers.....

If the news is not this. Then its not that big to me. Connection and playability has been the biggest problem for many users. If they they feed us a bs faction war rework as the big news. I will pity the fools!!!! lol.

Because these are the 2 biggest issues. If anything else falls into this big news category. It better be a huge one to push those 2 off.

EDG_Avocado
07-23-2017, 06:38 PM
nothing is big except for dedicated servers.
This is what we are all looking foward to Ubisoft. Unless the second option is making game f2p.
Dedicated Servers will be worth it

Dhaleks
07-23-2017, 08:03 PM
A fix for the black screen freeze?

C00tBAjenkins
07-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Because these are the 2 biggest issues. If anything else falls into this big news category. It better be a huge one to push those 2 off.
Based on everything they have already talked about coming soon its hard to imagine what it could be. Not about new hero's. Who knows, hopefully something about connection. I'd like to imagine the reason everything been so slow being fixed is because the massive effort to goto a more stable connection platform. whatever that may be.

Vingrask
07-23-2017, 10:27 PM
If the news is not this. Then its not that big to me. Connection and playability has been the biggest problem for many users. If they they feed us a bs faction war rework as the big news. I will pity the fools!!!! lol.

I couldn't care less for servers, since I understand every fighting game out there is P2P for a reason.

Now, the Faction War, which is a feature I paid of and want to enjoy, would be awesome see some real faction feelings and play every round because not just the last hour matters.

lMoosel
07-23-2017, 10:32 PM
You don't want dedicated servers for a fighting game, trust me. Picture this currently we are P2P which is how a fighting game
Is supposed to be for maximum reaction time. Now throw in dedicated servers and bang welcome to the world of latency and the death of for honor. You do no want dedicated servers for a game based on reactions. Everybody's been crying for them since launch and nobody has a clue what they are in for.

Soul_of_Midgard
07-23-2017, 11:49 PM
It's about the defense meta, possible changes will be tested on PTR - and judging by the things i saw and heard, as soon as those changes find their way into the game, that's it for me, have fun you crybabies and pro's enjoy it!

C00tBAjenkins
07-24-2017, 12:30 AM
I couldn't care less for servers, since I understand every fighting game out there is P2P for a reason.

Now, the Faction War, which is a feature I paid of and want to enjoy, would be awesome see some real faction feelings and play every round because not just the last hour matters.
Faction war is kinda meaningless to me. have yet to deploy assets manually for all of season 2 most of season 1. That's just me though. A rework of it is not big news. it has very little to do with the overall game experience.

Bob__Gnarly
07-24-2017, 12:58 AM

For Honor needed dedicated servers back when people were still playing, it's way too late to add them now. That ship sailed long ago.

EDG_Avocado
07-24-2017, 01:09 AM
na. we want dedicated servers actually. p2p is garbage

RatedChaotic
07-24-2017, 05:39 PM
You don't want dedicated servers for a fighting game, trust me. Picture this currently we are P2P which is how a fighting game
Is supposed to be for maximum reaction time. Now throw in dedicated servers and bang welcome to the world of latency and the death of for honor. You do no want dedicated servers for a game based on reactions. Everybody's been crying for them since launch and nobody has a clue what they are in for.

Personally. I think ^this is rubbish. If i can make a 1000m headshot on a helicopter pilot thru his windshield flying across a map with 40 other players running around with bullet drop on a game with servers......< from the great and powerful GreyUK... I'm sure it will work fine here. Apparently you dont know the real reason why fighting games use p2p. Its not about reaction times or latency. There are many ways to compensate for this latency you speak of and games have been doing it for years. Dont be so gullible. Its about the $$$$

Fighting games usually have a smaller playerbase. Compared to fps and mmos. Its cheaper and with not a big playerbase p2p is the better option for fighters.

I mean really would you spend 10s of thousands of dollars paying for the cost of servers, maintenance, and employee cost to run them for just a few thousand players each week? I wouldnt. I'd go p2p and get a fatter wallet and use it for my next title thats in development. Skulls and Bones and Assassins Creed. Understand?

I would be ok with the p2p here if it worked and was actually stable. But its not. Its one of my top 5 reasons why I play vs bots with no matchmaking. When I hop on a game to play. I want advance in it. I dont want having over 50% of my playtime negated by the games crappy p2p or turds that will crash the system because they lost. I'll gladly take more lag over that any day. Atleast I'll get rewarded and will be able to actually finish games.