PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed TV Series: How Would You Do It?

Abelzorus-Prime
07-22-2017, 10:20 AM
What Network would you want it to be on?

Time period, story, characters?

How many episodes and how will it be structured?

strigoi1958
07-22-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure about the network... Unless Ubi opens its own :) I think it would be worthy of a big network ABC, Fox but it should be accessible to lots of viewers so maybe a sky channel?

This part virtually covers what I'd also like to see in the games....

The MD part is set 2010 to 2025 and has sleeper operatives around the world and is a small group compared to the power/ size/ financial amounts available to Abstergo/ Templars who are spread around the world in some prominent influential positions (Wealthy business magnates and politicians) The team follow the progress of the historical assassin who is jumping through time and places trying to locate pieces of Eden and trying to pinpoint their current location so that the modern day Assassins can try to obtain them before the modern day Abstergo/ Templars.

The Modern Day part could have fights between Assassins and Templars and sabotaging of the animus/ helix. There could even be an animus portal just to converse with 1st Civ in order to seek guidance as to what the pieces of Eden do or can be used to build (a machine maybe? )

The Templars could have there own which is used to speak to Juno (who they promise a new physical form but they intend to double cross her.... she knows this and intends to double cross them... sometimes she recruits a new 3rd group who she uses for her own purposes)

The templars are using everything in their power/ police/ politicians and bounty hunters trying to locate any assassin animus locations and disrupt their use. Assassins are always relocating and looking for ways to be safe but never get much time in any place.

The historical part of the game/ tv show gets more interesting now because... the Templars are sending back their own agents who are also looking for the pieces of Eden, Assassins and Templars will try to desync the other by assassination or setting traps. Clues are to be found so they can track the object.... sometimes an assassin can scratch a person or templar and obtain DNA to be analysed in the animus based lab... it will allow the assassin to temporarily access the memories of that person.. so they can use that short time to find information until the simulated DNA breaks down and desyncs... forcing them back to the original assassin.

With the new information they can return to the animus, select an appropriate time and possibly new protagonist and jump to the location where the object was heading... this process is repeated until it's location is known in the modern day.
1 piece of Eden could be found in 1 episode or over several episodes, depending on how many machines it builds and how many pieces are needed.

As for periods and characters well history and the world are all available... in the modern day it would even be possible to have cameos of real famous people who would be confirmed as Templars as for the historical side and characters I like the Mediterranean region and there are many locations and settings but I think characters would be more interesting...

Nostradamus
Charlemagne
Attila the hun
Marco Polo
Saladin (a definite Assassin ;) )
The wright brothers
Columbus and his journey to America
Vasco da Gama and Magellan were both alive around the same time when Portugal was discovering the world.

As the protagonist moves closer to the modern day location of the object we could be anywhere in the 20th century meeting people like
John F Kennedy
Ataturk
Ghandi
Churchill
Al Capone
Oppenheimer

So many interesting and influential people that it is a veritable smorgasbord of characters :)

The end of each episode that finds the object in the modern day will show it is obtained by the Templars or Juno (which can be stolen later in the series by MD assassins) or the Assassins get it. It can be stored or if enough pieces are owned it can be transported to the correct location and assembled (with Minervas help) the machines could (possibly) be devices that control weather so lands damaged by drought could become fertile (or vice versa by templars who threaten starvation unless the government leaders agree to follow the Templar ways.

Each machine can have a specific use.
Increase peoples intelligence or natural ability. (to increase productivity and society)
Increase livestock.
Sculpt the planet, divert rivers, shift mountains or de forest an area solidify swampland so it can support buildings.
fix the ozone.
Control global warming.

All these machines can be used to unite the world by good or bad use... depending whether it is used by the assassins, Templars or Juno.... if the series ever needed a finale it could be the assassins and templars uniting to destroy Juno and agreeing that they should no longer interfere with the world.... and that is where the spin off show starts :)

Locopells
07-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Until recently, I'd have said Netflix, but I'm thinking Starzs, after the job they did with Black Sails (not to mention actually, you know, finishing the series...).

SixKeys
07-23-2017, 12:09 AM
Netflix because it's the only one I subscribe to. :p

Time period: mostly modern day with some historical segments in between, similar to the movie. Don't really care which historical era as long as the story is good.

Something like 13 episodes would be good, about 45 mins to an hour per episode. I was disappointed that the animated Castlevania had only four episodes in the first season. Just as the story was getting interesting, it was already over.

naumaan
07-24-2017, 12:24 AM
Netflix because I subscribed to it just like SixKeys and not any other.

The story bothers me to an extent that it must tell the background of Assassins Creed and everything in a detailed environment, as much as what Origin developers said, my personal opinion is that they will continue AC MD with the tv series, live action would be a lot more fun. 10 episodes will be amazing.

cawatrooper9
07-24-2017, 07:59 PM
All right, this is optimistic to a fault, but I'd like HBO to handle it.

I think their work with Game of Thrones shows how they could handle the historical fiction segments (or, in GOT's case, low fantasy based on history).

Meanwhile, Westworld serves as a perfect example of the ways that they could work in some really intriguing Sci-Fi elements for the modern day.

I think a ten episode season with each episode at an hour long would be perfect, and would mirror the release schedule they already use for many of their shows.

The show could focus on a subject in an Abstergo lab (think AC1 or the movie) being forced to relive his or her memories. They could do something like the Kenway saga in which we learn about a few different ancestors who all lived at slightly different times. For instance, let's say this is the family:

Grandfather- Third Crusade (with the Levantine brotherhood and some Altair cameos) in the 1190s
Father- Mongol Invasions in Asia in 1210s
Son- Emergence of Holy Roman Empire, Mongol push to East Europe (2030s)

Jumping in between each story (father, son, grandfather, MD protagonist) we'd gradually learn the entire truth of the season and its piece of Eden. Then, in a season 2, we could continue one or more of the historical Assassins stories (if they were well received), add new protagonists in different eras, or both.

Another option would be to jump around and show the protagonist at different points of his or her life throughout turbulent eras of history.

Realistically, though, it'd probably be on a streaming site (Netflix or Amazon) and feature a single historical protag/era each season.

strigoi1958
07-24-2017, 10:10 PM
All right, this is optimistic to a fault, but I'd like HBO to handle it.

I think their work with Game of Thrones shows how they could handle the historical fiction segments (or, in GOT's case, low fantasy based on history).

Meanwhile, Westworld serves as a perfect example of the ways that they could work in some really intriguing Sci-Fi elements for the modern day.

I think a ten episode season with each episode at an hour long would be perfect, and would mirror the release schedule they already use for many of their shows.

The show could focus on a subject in an Abstergo lab (think AC1 or the movie) being forced to relive his or her memories. They could do something like the Kenway saga in which we learn about a few different ancestors who all lived at slightly different times. For instance, let's say this is the family:

Grandfather- Third Crusade (with the Levantine brotherhood and some Altair cameos) in the 1190s
Father- Mongol Invasions in Asia in 1210s
Son- Emergence of Holy Roman Empire, Mongol push to East Europe (2030s)

Jumping in between each story (father, son, grandfather, MD protagonist) we'd gradually learn the entire truth of the season and its piece of Eden. Then, in a season 2, we could continue one or more of the historical Assassins stories (if they were well received), add new protagonists in different eras, or both.

Another option would be to jump around and show the protagonist at different points of his or her life throughout turbulent eras of history.

Realistically, though, it'd probably be on a streaming site (Netflix or Amazon) and feature a single historical protag/era each season.

Sounds great. I like the direct connection between son, father and grandfather. It gives the story a nice continuation. :)

cawatrooper9
07-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Sounds great. I like the direct connection between son, father and grandfather. It gives the story a nice continuation. :)

Thanks!

I know when an AC TV show is brought up, one big issue a lot of people bring up is that it would be very expensive to feature multiple eras a season. But with three timelines of relatively similar eras within 100 years of each other, a story could be told with more scale and still reuse many assets.

Plus, I think the Kenway trilogy was great, but it had even more potential to tell a really cohesive overarching story. This could be an opportunity to tackle that again.

strigoi1958
07-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Absolutely and the nice thing is we would see the future and previous protagonists through the eyes of the current protagonist,,,, each playing a cameo in the other stories. It would be a nice insight into the life before one becomes an assassin.... seeing a son playing with a wooden sword knowing he will soon be wielding sharpened steel. Not only would we be forming a bond with the next assassin but it is always nice to see a familiar face back again when the grandfather/ father appears in the junior assassins time. Also I think it would show the induction and training which is something I have always wanted in a game. :)

Also anything with the Kenways would be brilliant