PDA

View Full Version : Radio stations

D4rkP4ul
07-21-2017, 06:33 AM
Hi, guys. Longtime far cry fan (maybe in the minority but I think 2 was the best, couldn't get enough) but I have a suggestion for you guys for FC5.

I'm FINALLY getting around to playing FC4 and noticed how often I get out of cars and buggies and the awesome gyrocopter. I like having a radio station in these types of games BUT one grip I have is that it always "resets" itself when I get back in the car. Can you make it so that the station is playing no matter what I do, so if I have to step out of the car for a moment and get back in, the conversation flowed normally instead of constantly going back and restarting different parts of the audio track? I love talk radio type stations so I'm really into that type of stuff but if I step out of a car, that shouldn't affect how the station plays.

This makes perfect sense in my head, so I hope I was able to explain this correctly and not sound like an idiot.

HorTyS
07-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Hi, guys. Longtime far cry fan (maybe in the minority but I think 2 was the best, couldn't get enough) but I have a suggestion for you guys for FC5.

I'm FINALLY getting around to playing FC4 and noticed how often I get out of cars and buggies and the awesome gyrocopter. I like having a radio station in these types of games BUT one grip I have is that it always "resets" itself when I get back in the car. Can you make it so that the station is playing no matter what I do, so if I have to step out of the car for a moment and get back in, the conversation flowed normally instead of constantly going back and restarting different parts of the audio track? I love talk radio type stations so I'm really into that type of stuff but if I step out of a car, that shouldn't affect how the station plays.

This makes perfect sense in my head, so I hope I was able to explain this correctly and not sound like an idiot.

Don't worry man, plenty of FC2 fans around here. I hear ya on the radio, it really did seem to repeat itself a lot. There really wasn't that much to begin with but it did always play the same short loops if you were getting in & out frequently. It sounds like from the impressions at e3 that there is significantly more songs on the radio & they seem to have licensed actual music (which would make sense to have in modern america) so hopefully that is a decent indication that there will be more to the radio in general...

D4rkP4ul
07-21-2017, 08:32 AM
That's why I was especially concerned because in America there are lots of radio options and I wanted it to flow smoothly.

Glad I'm not alone in FC2. I don't know exactly what it was about it but it was like crack to me for awhile. Not perfect but I loved the brutal health system, the weapons breaking down with use, the malaria dependence. Not a perfect game, by far, but an amazing experience.

HorTyS
07-21-2017, 09:06 AM
FC2 had a lot of divisive systems. There are quite a few of us here actually who would love to see the weapon jamming make a return, in a better implemented more balanced way. At the same time it was one of the most loathed systems in the game by a large portion of players. Malaria I thought was unnecessary in addition to the jamming as I felt they both sort of served the same purpose. As for the radio, I am hopeful that there are at least a couple songs I enjoy on the soundtrack. So far all I've heard of there being is some songs by the black keys, who I'm not very familiar with and not really a fan of. Fingers crossed we have at least a couple of stations to choose from...

Canadian Beer42
07-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Players can now toggle different radio stations while driving a vehicle.

MikeJDRW
07-23-2017, 04:21 AM
How about also, CB radio chatter? Not too many CBers out here, but there are Ham operators especially during emergencies. I would imagine in "Hope County" that Ham operators are keeping everyone up-to-date on what's really happening out there! I, also having enjoyed FC4, would like a radio I can simply turn off, even when I get into a new vehicle. There's a time for listening to tunes and there's a time to be paying attention to what's going on around you!

HorTyS
07-23-2017, 07:43 AM
I'm sure that since you could turn off the radio in 4 they'll maintain that ability in 5...

MikeJDRW
07-24-2017, 02:11 AM
I'm sure that since you could turn off the radio in 4 they'll maintain that ability in 5...

Yes you could turn it, every time you got into a vehicle, or came down from the machine gun turret you had to repeat the turn it off procedure/key, as the general command to turn it off didn't work. I just hope the Devs tweak that ability so it can turn off, without our constantly being required to turn it off. I did like the FC4 radio and listened to it often after a threat was gone.

HorTyS
07-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Yes you could turn it, every time you got into a vehicle, or came down from the machine gun turret you had to repeat the turn it off procedure/key, as the general command to turn it off didn't work. I just hope the Devs tweak that ability so it can turn off, without our constantly being required to turn it off. I did like the FC4 radio and listened to it often after a threat was gone.

I guess that makes sense with re-entering the same vehicle, but not if you get into a new one... I never pay much attention to the radio and never even bother switching it off so it's not much of an issue to me....

scrapser
07-25-2017, 04:07 AM
I can mention something regarding the music in Far Cry 2 that I would want to be changed. Not sure how many others noticed but throughout the game the music changes to something sinister sounding the moment you cross some invisible line and the enemy is nearby. This means you could be detected and you must use extreme caution if you plan on remaining undetected. What I don't like is that you have this "extra sense" so to speak that's always covering your back. The only way to remove it in FC2 is to turn off the in-game music. It does add to the realism significantly and raises the bar on your ability to survive.

On a somewhat different note, today I thought of a great way to think of Far Cry 2 compared to Far Cry 3 and above. When the movie, "Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl" was released in 2003 another film was also released...namely, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" (pardon the pun which is not intended). To me, Master and Commander is like FC2 with its realistic depiction of what life would be like on a British Man of War in the early 1800's. Pirates of the Caribbean is a perfect analogy of FC3 and above with all its over the top action scenes, mythology and voodoo magic. I will also be up front and state that most people went to see Pirates whereas Master and Commander is almost unheard of among the general population despite its excellence, so there are parallels to be drawn.