PDA

View Full Version : Garish new Faction War map and Scoreboard colours

Gray360UK
07-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Really? So much better before 1.09.

I feel like the colour saturation on my TV has been turned up to 6000.

CandleInTheDark
07-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Yeah it does look a bit over the top, though the issue I have is more that the gear scores are hidden. Say I am my peacekeeper in epic gear and there is one in epic gear among the opponents, I know that is the one I want to look at going up against as much as possible to stop him using that advantage over my teammates.

Gray360UK
07-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah it does look a bit over the top, though the issue I have is more that the gear scores are hidden. Say I am my peacekeeper in epic gear and there is one in epic gear among the opponents, I know that is the one I want to look at going up against as much as possible to stop him using that advantage over my teammates.

Yeah I don't see the point in the overall Rep levels being displayed in 4 vs 4 modes where the level on the actual character and their gear score is more important. They at least need to display both somehow. I couldn't give a rats arse if your account Rep is 68, I want to know if you're playing a Rep 30 character now or a Rep 2 one.

If I could read the Scoreboard through the neon orange / blue I assume I'd be able to see their current Rep levels still?

UbiNoty
07-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Hmm, this is so strange. Maybe it's a result of the addition of color-blind support? I'll let them know because it seems to be just an issue for console players as of now.

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 12:37 AM
Hmm, this is so strange. Maybe it's a result of the addition of color-blind support? I'll let them know because it seems to be just an issue for console players as of now.

If I have to look at them for much longer I'll go blind, I know that ;)

I think I will be playing with sunglasses on for a while :)

Patient_Fodder
07-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Same on PC, I just don't report any non game breaking things anymore, and even those .....

The new colours are awful. You are probably be right when mentioning the colour blind support addition and the impact it may have had.

SlaaneshsScion
07-21-2017, 10:37 AM
I feel as though a sponge bob joke could be made here.......but how....

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that was on the first PTS also. But the colors of the Faction Map changed two times already. This change is just more visible.

kweassa1
07-21-2017, 01:38 PM

...Press <CTRL> ... or whatever that corresponds to the <target lock> function if console.

It toggles back and forth between total Rep score and previous individual class Rep+gearscore.

RatedChaotic
07-21-2017, 01:44 PM
I had to turn my brightness up while in game because it seemed too dark after seeing those colors. I had laser surgery on my eyes a few years back. It was alittle unbearable to look at too long. I started just throwing my assets around.

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 03:12 PM
...Press <CTRL> ... or whatever that corresponds to the <target lock> function if console.

It toggles back and forth between total Rep score and previous individual class Rep+gearscore.

Seriously? This is a thing? If so, thank you, you are a legend ;)

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 03:13 PM
I had to turn my brightness up while in game because it seemed too dark after seeing those colors. I had laser surgery on my eyes a few years back. It was alittle unbearable to look at too long. I started just throwing my assets around.

Unbearable for me too mate and I haven't had the laser surgery. They are just way too over-saturated to the point of being neon. It's what would normally happen if you put your colour setting up to 100 / max.

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Same on PC. The contrast levels have been turned up just a tad too much. I can live with it but different monitors and LED/OLED TVs might increase the severity due to the way they handle extremely high contrast levels. In any case the contrast levels are definitely set too high - as if colourblind mode has been switched to permanently on.

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:26 PM

Cool, I didn't know that was a thing. I will try that next time. Thanks!

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Just found that myself by accident and came back to this thread to tell people since I had raised it lol. Thanks in any case.