PDA

View Full Version : Guillotine Gun AC Unity Review, probably will only care if you're new :P

ItzStemm
07-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Hello,

So I just started ACU about a week ago. And I just got the Guillotine Gun (a half battle-axe half mortar melee/ranged weapon for those of you who don't know) and I just wanna sorta review it. You can listen to the opinion of people who have been playing the game for ages on YouTube and such, but I'm fairly new so this is my review. If you don't care you can leave or stay, I don't really care. But anyways on to the review

Damage: The damage output is amazing, first of all it has the mortar which does quite a bit of damage, but the default guillotine gun (the first one you get) is amazing. I can 3 swipe any five star enemy (quite a bit of extra health). With it upgraded however, I'm able to do that in two shots. Since I don't have the other Guillotine Guns (Surgeon, Eagle, etc.) I can't really say that they will one shot as upgraded, but they might.

Speed: The overall speed of which you are able to hit is average, a one-handed might be faster, but I think it is slightly faster than a long ranged weapon such as a pike. The damage kind of makes up for this though since it can 2-3 shot (from what I've experienced).

Parry: I'd say the parry speed is pretty bad, there's I'd say a 0.5-1 second cooldown before you parry again, so quite a difference from a one-handed weapon.

Final Decision: It is worth it. The two factors of damage and speed overpower the parry, so I'd say it is worth playing the first few missions of the Dead Kings DLC in order to get it. By the way, you can indeed get the item, complete the mission where you got that item, and leave the Dead Kings DLC zone, which is what I did because I'm more of a free roamer. Feel free to say your opinion if you have it/are an experienced player.

Thanks,

ItzStemm

WendysBrioche
07-20-2017, 06:50 AM
Hello,

So I just started ACU about a week ago. And I just got the Guillotine Gun (a half battle-axe half mortar melee/ranged weapon for those of you who don't know) and I just wanna sorta review it. You can listen to the opinion of people who have been playing the game for ages on YouTube and such, but I'm fairly new so this is my review. If you don't care you can leave or stay, I don't really care. But anyways on to the review

Damage: The damage output is amazing, first of all it has the mortar which does quite a bit of damage, but the default guillotine gun (the first one you get) is amazing. I can 3 swipe any five star enemy (quite a bit of extra health). With it upgraded however, I'm able to do that in two shots. Since I don't have the other Guillotine Guns (Surgeon, Eagle, etc.) I can't really say that they will one shot as upgraded, but they might.

Speed: The overall speed of which you are able to hit is average, a one-handed might be faster, but I think it is slightly faster than a long ranged weapon such as a pike. The damage kind of makes up for this though since it can 2-3 shot (from what I've experienced).

Parry: I'd say the parry speed is pretty bad, there's I'd say a 0.5-1 second cooldown before you parry again, so quite a difference from a one-handed weapon.

Final Decision: It is worth it. The two factors of damage and speed overpower the parry, so I'd say it is worth playing the first few missions of the Dead Kings DLC in order to get it. By the way, you can indeed get the item, complete the mission where you got that item, and leave the Dead Kings DLC zone, which is what I did because I'm more of a free roamer. Feel free to say your opinion if you have it/are an experienced player.

Thanks,

ItzStemm

It's nearly essential for some dead kings mission if you take the larger garrisons head on without killing the leader first.

ItzStemm
07-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the extra bit of information. I haven't played fully through Dead Kings so I wouldn't know, thanks though.

WendysBrioche
07-21-2017, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the extra bit of information. I haven't played fully through Dead Kings so I wouldn't know, thanks though.

Haha sure!