PDA

View Full Version : Block and Parry

Zwerqi
07-19-2017, 01:35 PM
I have a question to the very good players of FH. I play on PC with a Xbox Elite controller. I'm playing this game since technical test and I consider myself a very good player. I have absolutely no problem to deflect or parry heavys from any class. But i have a hard time with the lights. Sometimes is see classes parrying even my PK lights... and not just the 2nd one, no (because the 2nd light is easier to parry cause you can time it after the first light), but the very first one in any direction.

Sometimes even I am able to parry lights but its 90% luck in that.

My Questions is: Are you looking at the incoming red Arrow or are u looking at the actual move of the enemys arms? Like the Hardcore mode in singleplayer? And is the move of the arm earlier than the incoming arrow?

I also have to say that i was only playing assasin classes, where i have to block/parry into all 3 guard directions because the guard disappear after 1 sec. i guess its easier with any other class where the guard stays in position.

thanks for your answers.

Draghmar
07-19-2017, 01:54 PM
I also have to say that i was only playing assasin classes, where i have to block/parry into all 3 guard directions because the guard disappear after 1 sec. i guess its easier with any other class where the guard stays in position.
Actually it's easier with assassins to parry exactly because there is no default guard stance. I've noticed this difference when started to play as Shinobi when previously my main class was Nobushi (it's still is).

Zwerqi
07-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Actually it's easier with assassins to parry exactly because there is no default guard stance. I've noticed this difference when started to play as Shinobi when previously my main class was Nobushi (it's still is).
well, I'm playing WL right now and i think it's easier to parry because I only have to press RT (if my guard is in the right direction) and not both (RT and right stick). Do you have an answer to my question anyway?

Draghmar
07-19-2017, 02:38 PM
well, I'm playing WL right now and i think it's easier to parry because I only have to press RT (if my guard is in the right direction) and not both (RT and right stick). Do you have an answer to my question anyway?
It doesn't happen to often to attack someone on the side he is already guarding. But if it was the case then, yes. It would be easier.
No, not really. I'm not good at parring. I rely too much on the indicators.

CandleInTheDark
07-19-2017, 03:51 PM
well, I'm playing WL right now and i think it's easier to parry because I only have to press RT (if my guard is in the right direction) and not both (RT and right stick).

In terms of parry with assassins, while you have no guard stance, if your attack is set in the same direction the attack is coming from then like anyone else you don't need to flick the right stick in the appropriate direction, just gone against the level 1 raider bot in how to play to confirm that before posting.

I don't think there is much difference between the time the arms start moving and the indicator flashing up, but I tend to do better keeping half an eye on where their stance is set (in the case of none assassins) and watching their arms rather than arrows, that comes from playing monster hunter on the ds system since you get no indication other than knowing what their attacks are and where they come from.

In terms of block in general, my first character was an assassin and I have spent more time with assassins than not, so instinctively I flick the stick for every attack in a chain even when they are on the same side whoever I am using >.> lol.

guffffff
07-19-2017, 04:02 PM

Its 100% luck for me, usually doing a zone when attacked by multiple enemy and end up parrying everything on the map! If you fluff a parry you get punished. With the heavy parry the problem is to not do it too early, but with light parry I honestly don't know if I'm early, late or what

AzureSky.
07-19-2017, 04:03 PM
I have a question to the very good players of FH. I play on PC with a Xbox Elite controller. I'm playing this game since technical test and I consider myself a very good player. I have absolutely no problem to deflect or parry heavys from any class. But i have a hard time with the lights. Sometimes is see classes parrying even my PK lights... and not just the 2nd one, no (because the 2nd light is easier to parry cause you can time it after the first light), but the very first one in any direction.

My Questions is: Are you looking at the incoming red Arrow or are u looking at the actual move of the enemys arms? Like the Hardcore mode in singleplayer? And is the move of the arm earlier than the incoming arrow?

thanks for your answers.

I have almost 100% light parry chance with green vs green connection.

Yes, i look at the enemys arms, thats why its so hard to parry orochi lights (since they are so identicall to his heavys) and too easy to parry nobushi lights (since you can time it with her sounds and hip movements)

Also i play with mouse and keyboard, so i have near 0 input delay on the guard stance (i dont recommend it for assasin classes since you cant block and parry as good as a always on guard class)