PDA

View Full Version : Holy Buddhist cow fix the damn connection already

SplugeKing
07-19-2017, 01:01 AM
I'll say again that is priority 1. Screw your new crap it can wait. I know you've been working on the new chars and maps for awhile now, it can wait. Fixing connection is absolute priority 1

Mia.Nora
07-19-2017, 01:09 AM
The problem is that they never made its priority lower than #1, and this is all we get; a total nothing.

Unless they have magic #0 priority system in Ubi HQ nothing will change, this will stay as For Error.

kweassa1
07-19-2017, 01:48 AM
How do you "fix" your connectivity to a game when the server gets physically blown up?

Because ,that's what ragequitters are essentially doing. Especially when they weasel their way out through taskmanager→forced game exit.

Would you support hours of ban penalty with raqequits, and a detection system that specifically tracks the weasels that use taskmanager to forcibly quit the game and bans them for days?

Tillo.
07-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Oh for crying out loud stop blaming the quitters. Every game has them but only in For Error is a problem.
I have been gaming for 30 years and this is the first time a game crashes due to leavers.

Ninguem2017
07-19-2017, 03:06 AM
Like i have told before: Sell or give this crap, oops game, to Rockstar. Ubi team are incompetent.

SplugeKing
07-19-2017, 03:14 AM
The rage quit penalty doesn't work. People still quit and always will. In addition why would I want to continue a game where I have 2-3 bots on my team. I could give you a list of the bull **** games I've had to deal with the past few weeks. Besides I don't know why you think the problem is rage quitters

Mia.Nora
07-19-2017, 04:37 AM
How do you "fix" your connectivity to a game when the server gets physically blown up?

Because ,that's what ragequitters are essentially doing. Especially when they weasel their way out through taskmanager→forced game exit.

Would you support hours of ban penalty with raqequits, and a detection system that specifically tracks the weasels that use taskmanager to forcibly quit the game and bans them for days?

That's the dumbest thing I ve ever heard. There are tons of P2P FPS out there that never crash upon quits. And if a AAA priced game from a billion dollar worth company fails to take into consideration of people quiting in a multiplayer game, it is %100 on them.

Then again you would have supported Ubi's decision if season 3 replaced all character models with piles of turd, that's how biased you are.

RatedChaotic
07-19-2017, 05:10 AM
Yet I get made fun of for playing vs bots no matchmaking no hud. Now do you see why I perfer this way?

Bonus....No turtles

1. No connectivity issues
2. No matchmaking issues
a. after a dooby and a pint without matchmaking and hud vs bot lvl2 & 3s are fun.
3. No ragequiters
4. No spammers
5. No stunlocking
6. No ledge camping
7. Dont receive hate mail
8. No exploiters

and on and on.......... but as the current game state is the benefits out weighs the negatives..... In my opinion...... PVE in this game is better than PVP and its SAD.. If only if I could get rewards in custom games doing 1vXs vs lvl 2 and 3 bots i'd be golden.

I enjoy this game but when it comes to playability and enjoyment.... vs AI no matchmaking no hud is the better choice. Fix that Devs.

But thats just me....

Legacy_Zealot
07-19-2017, 11:02 AM
A response from a forum mod regarding connection would be good. Not a answer that'll shrug it off. All work on tournaments and anything else should be put to one side and all resources need to go into fixing the games connection.

Gray360UK
07-19-2017, 11:06 AM
But thats just me....

No it's not :)

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Connectivity is a serious issue and we do appreciate the feedback. It is something thats being looked into and hopefully we'll have some news regarding it.
Discussion such as this does help us put into more perspective how much priority we need to give to resolving this issue.

Unfortunately I don't have more information, but as thanks perhaps a holy buddhist cow (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZU92YNqm6zk/VI1DDepc6sI/AAAAAAAAEw4/7HDyVq-MK3c/s1600/buddha_cow.jpg) will help :)

Legacy_Zealot
07-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Connectivity is a serious issue and we do appreciate the feedback. It is something thats being looked into and hopefully we'll have some news regarding it.
Discussion such as this does help us put into more perspective how much priority we need to give to resolving this issue.

Unfortunately I don't have more information, but as thanks perhaps a holy buddhist cow (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZU92YNqm6zk/VI1DDepc6sI/AAAAAAAAEw4/7HDyVq-MK3c/s1600/buddha_cow.jpg) will help :)

You don't need your community to tell you that a game that runs off being online at all times would require a stable connection to be played...:rolleyes:

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-19-2017, 11:59 AM
You don't need your community to tell you that a game that runs off being online at all times would require a stable connection to be played...:rolleyes:

No we don't but all feedback and concerns especially with healthy discussions do help in creating and improving the environment. Without you guys we wouldn't be able to do what we do

Legacy_Zealot
07-19-2017, 12:34 PM
No we don't but all feedback and concerns especially with healthy discussions do help in creating and improving the environment. Without you guys we wouldn't be able to do what we do

Do you have any information as to how to the team would fix the game(connectivity wise). For example, taking dedicated servers into consideration. Things like that?

As you said before you don't have any information as to how they will approach it but have they identified any options and which ones are being considered.

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Do you have any information as to how to the team would fix the game(connectivity wise). For example, taking dedicated servers into consideration. Things like that?

As you said before you don't have any information as to how they will approach it but have they identified any options and which ones are being considered.

No solid information as of yet. All options presented and requested by the community are being looked into. We should hopefully have some news soon either on the next Warriors Den (Every Thursday at 5pm GMT) or in a news announcement.

EmeraldCthulhu
07-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Oh for crying out loud stop blaming the quitters. Every game has them but only in For Error is a problem.
I have been gaming for 30 years and this is the first time a game crashes due to leavers.

Just a fun trivia for you then. Metal Gear Online 3, multiplayer to Phantom Pain, also had p2p connection, one player serving as a host. There was no regions at the start, so you didn't know if the host was in Japan or maybe antarctica when you connected, so lag was real. Players were quitting matches like crazy, usually near the end, and when host quitted, everyone got kicked. It was quite rare to finish a game.
After a huge outcry, Konami patched in host migration. What that ment was that when the host quitted, the whole match was restarted instead of cancelled. Think about that.

Point of this all - Ubisoft is now in the same league as Konami. I think that says a lot.

Tillo.
07-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Thank you. I didn't play that one.
Back on topic, new face still Soon™. Since February 14th connectivity has been priority. Maybe you should give up the game industry to do stand up, cause your jokes are hillarious!

StriderBorne
07-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Yes stop worrying so much about the faction war, as I think BouseFeenux mentioned, its just some treasure boxes.
I'll give up all my treasure boxes for a fix in connection issues!!!

EDG_Avocado
07-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Servers needed. Plain and simple. Not sure what you are waiting for except for the game to die.

Mia.Nora
07-20-2017, 12:47 AM

No solid information as of yet. All options presented and requested by the community are being looked into. We should hopefully have some news soon either on the next Warriors Den (Every Thursday at 5pm GMT) or in a news announcement.

This is exactly the kind of response I see hating.

100% PR nonsense with no real answers, what's the bolded part even supposed to mean? Game DOES NOT WORK, this is not a discussion about how to improve gameplay experience, this is about game NOT working properly.

I know you are just doing the job you are paid for, but this is beyond ridiculous thinking that you guys can still get away with PR ******** after 5 months into release when the game still does not work properly.