PDA

View Full Version : Heh... how about that... Shug UI DOES protect from Cent "pin" now...

kweassa1
07-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Kudos to the devs on how the fix finally arrived.

Cent's "pin" now finally respects Shugo's UI-shielding (commonly referred to as "hyperarmor").. I'm not sure if other UIs (such as Kensei UI attacks, Warlord UI heavies, revenge mode UI...etc..) also protect against "pin", but nice to know finally the strongest single-application UI in the game works correctly against all classes.

Thanks a mighty for the change!

https://youtu.be/bflwGXF_a78

DimmerScroll021
07-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Kudos to the devs on how the fix finally arrived.

Cent's "pin" now finally respects Shugo's UI-shielding (commonly referred to as "hyperarmor").. I'm not sure if other UIs (such as Kensei UI attacks, Warlord UI heavies, revenge mode UI...etc..) also protect against "pin", but nice to know finally the strongest single-application UI in the game works correctly against all classes.

Thanks a mighty for the change!

<vid proof inbound>

Maybe I'll stop getting pinned after my second hit now when I am engaging an enemy and some random cent just destroys me with that god damned thing. So annoying when something says hyper armor and you get stabbed right through it. I won't know until Thursday though since I am on console.

Arekonator
07-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Was about damn time.

I wonder why they implemented it without a single word in patchnotes tho.

kweassa1
07-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Now I'm gonna have some really, really good fun time using shug UB heavies "in your face" whenever a Cent charges up his heavy... Lordy lord, it's about time.

Now I'm actually satisfied about the cent. I'd prefer less stamina drain, more stamina use as well.. but I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't happen.... aaaaaaaaahhhhhh....

DimmerScroll021
07-17-2017, 11:09 PM
Now I'm gonna have some really, really good fun time using shug UB heavies "in your face" whenever a Cent charges up his heavy... Lordy lord, it's about time.

Now I'm actually satisfied about the cent. I'd prefer less stamina drain, more stamina use as well.. but I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't happen.... aaaaaaaaahhhhhh....

Did worlds collide or something? Did we actually AGREE ON SOMETHING?

Someone call an ambulance, I must not be feeling well...

But in all seriousness, this is LONG overdue if it does stay

kweassa1
07-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Ah, btw, Shug UI stops Demon's Embrace. I didn't feel too sure when I said that, so went and tested to make sure.

So officially, now, the only move that makes through Shug UI with single activation is Shinobi sliding tackle. ...those pesky little rodents...:rolleyes:

UbiNoty
07-20-2017, 01:06 AM
Was about damn time.

I wonder why they implemented it without a single word in patchnotes tho.

It may have just been overlooked - another thing we fixed in 1.09 that was left off and that people should be pretty happy about is the multi-environmental ledge kills bug on the scoreboard.

I've asked for the patchnotes to be updates so hopefully we can do that soon!

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 02:36 AM
It may have just been overlooked - another thing we fixed in 1.09 that was left off and that people should be pretty happy about is the multi-environmental ledge kills bug on the scoreboard.

I've asked for the patchnotes to be updates so hopefully we can do that soon!

I'd appreciate it if that be the case, because when they make mistakes likes leaving certain things out of the patch notes, it usually gives rise to "secret patch" rumors...

People start propagating rumors in the way, like, "I don't know if you've noticed lately, but XXX has been changed in YYY way... and I can swear that just few days ago it wasn't like this. They probably patched it under the radar"... basically, just claim any bullshi* and weasel their way out the burden of proof.

In this case the Shug UI being penetrated by Cent "pin" was so obvious and well-known with plenty of video evidence, and therefore confirming a change was also very easy and decisive. But on certain more subtle subjects, people tend to just start throwing around stuff on grounds of their "feel". They can just have a bad day and fail a few easy parries, and then they'll run to these forums and start a thread on how the devs "messed up the parry timing to screw me over" ... and etc etc.. Ay caramba. :Rolleyes: