PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Instant-Charges

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 04:22 AM
Note: This is not one of those whiny "nerf this nerf that" threads. I don't do those. This is a legitimate mechanic that needs to be nerfed because it is downright unfair.
Also, please read this all the way through.
Instant charges need to be nerfed, heres what i mean by instant charging:
A raider, for example, can now almost immediately grab someone after they start sprinting. Ive played against countless raiders in this new update and all they do is exit guard mode, run at you, and spam the grab-and-run or guard break. This is EXTREMELY hard to counter. If you dodge you risk getting guard broken. If you don't dodge you risk getting grabbed, carried a good distance, along with a good drain of your stamina. Both of these result in you taking an uncounterable unblockable from the raider. This is extremely strong. Ive used it myself and i have to say it can take down even skilled players. I recently played against a raider and he exhausted me with his grab and runs. Then he could freely charge at me all i wanted and keep my stamina at zero. If i tried to dodge he would guard break and shove me to the ground. Im sure this is not the first ubi is hearing that this mechanic is overpowered. So please nerf it. Thank you.

C00tBAjenkins
07-15-2017, 04:30 AM
Note: This is not one of those whiny "nerf this nerf that" threads. I don't do those. This is a legitimate mechanic that needs to be nerfed because it is downright unfair.
A raider, for example, can now almost immediately grab someone after they start sprinting. Ive played against countless raiders in this new update and all they do is exit guard mode, run at you, and spam the grab-and-run or guard break. This is EXTREMELY hard to counter. If you dodge you risk getting guard broken. If you don't dodge you risk getting grabbed, carried a good distance, along with a good drain of your stamina. Both of these result in you taking an uncounterable unblockable from the raider. This is extremely strong. Ive used it myself and i have to say it can take down even skilled players. I recently played against a raider and he exhausted me with his grab and runs. Then he could freely charge at me all i wanted and keep my stamina at zero. If i tried to dodge he would guard break and shove me to the ground. Im sure this is not the first ubi is hearing that this mechanic is overpowered. So please nerf it. Thank you.
They just buffed it in 1.09.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 05:40 AM
They just buffed it in 1.09.

Yes, and im saying it needs to be nerfed back the way it was. There was NOTHING wrong with the way it was before. Raiders, conquerors, etc. we're just fine before this. Now they are very hard to counter and downright overpowered if this mechanic is spammed and abused.

watsonclan335u
07-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Yes, and im saying it needs to be nerfed back the way it was. There was NOTHING wrong with the way it was before. Raiders, conquerors, etc. we're just fine before this. Now they are very hard to counter and downright overpowered if this mechanic is spammed and abused.

Anyone who thought raiders charge was fine the way it was has never played as a raider much clearly. Rep30 raider here and I can tell you I've ghosted right through a group of 4 opponents and missed every one of them and taking top lights/heavies as I run right by lol. Raider needed the love, he has the slowest attacks in the game, my lights get regularly parried and don't even think about heavies unless you've knocked you opponent down, even then a lot of them still have time to go to the kitchen, fix a sandwich, get up then still parry my unblockable.

vgrimr_J
07-15-2017, 09:53 AM
is the pre nerf shugoki bs

Lyskir
07-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Anyone who thought raiders charge was fine the way it was has never played as a raider much clearly. Rep30 raider here and I can tell you I've ghosted right through a group of 4 opponents and missed every one of them and taking top lights/heavies as I run right by lol. Raider needed the love, he has the slowest attacks in the game, my lights get regularly parried and don't even think about heavies unless you've knocked you opponent down, even then a lot of them still have time to go to the kitchen, fix a sandwich, get up then still parry my unblockable.

THIS, i feel u with the lights...even my heavys/zone cancel into stunning tap get parryied most of the time...u have to turtle with raider i guess until the deff meta fix is out

BTW Rep 13 Raider here, his Stampede was so fcking bad 90% of the time when i charged into a group of enemys i just slide around them instead of grab them and 1v1 it was completly useless cuz its soooo freakin slow.....

the new tracking was badly needed but 500ms is a bit too fast in my opinion 600ms would be ok

i heard on a stream, they will rebalance it again but i dont know what exactly

btw warlord needs a nerf in that way too, his shield charge is almost the same

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2017, 11:36 AM
The tracking definitely needed dealing with from what I have seen in game and heard on the stream, Roman said they would be looking at that a couple months ago. 500ms might be a little fast, it was what the peacekeeper recovery after an interrupted chain was before the light spam nerf, on the other hand 700ms which is what that recovery time was nerfed to might be a little slow for the raider charge.

mrmistark
07-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Honestly as a primarily Xbox player I can say that I can see the frustration the op is conveying. It makes sense to have this buff in pc cause it beefs up the raider, because his moves are really slow, the fps on console makes it really easy to parry those light attacks, but on console it's nearly impossible tbh. So on console he only needed like a baby buff, this sounds like he had the raider attack and unblockable but with something like a wardens sb, but we will see when it comes out for Xbox

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Ok, let me reply with this: Then dont buff an ability that makes him extremely overpowered. If you know how to play raider he is VERY good, he can cancel so much stuff for a top light and completely throw enemies off, and hello, his heavies are slow but deal the most damage in the game, next to the shugoki. His charge needs to be nerfed badly. It is completely spammable, and you can exit guard mode and use it immediately, or run at your opponent, tricking them to dodge and getting a free guard break. There are too many 50/50s in this game. My final point being, fine, if he was that bad before than balance him out. But dont give him a completely overpowered ability to balance out everything else.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 05:47 PM
Also, raider is not bad without that instant-charge. Like i said, if you know what you're doing, raider is very good. You cant say he's bad just because you don't know how to play him. Im only a rep 2 raider atm and without having to exit guard mode i can be amazing at him.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Im not saying nerf everything. Just that one ability. It amazes me how utterly irrational peoples knowledge can be. If raider was that bad before the instant charge, why are you not saying buff the lawbringer anymore? If you don't attack a lawbringer and hold a top guard, it will be very hard for him to even touch you. Because his bash is very slow, and if he cant bash you or parry you, you cant lose. He just isnt suited for attacking. Every hero has their strengths and weaknesses. Raider doesnt need to be buffed just because hes bad at this aspect and the other. You're a prestige 30 raider? How the hell did you reach prestige 30 if raider is that bad???Thats what i would like to know.

watsonclan335u
07-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Also, raider is not bad without that instant-charge. Like i said, if you know what you're doing, raider is very good. You cant say he's bad just because you don't know how to play him. Im only a rep 2 raider atm and without having to exit guard mode i can be amazing at him.

I'm guessing you main with Shin? There are some characters in the game Raider struggles with and Shin, is not one of them. Raiders zone catches Shin mid warp practically every time and three heavies from my axe kills you dead. Come to think of it the only two characters Raider seemed to consistently grab on the charge were Shin and Cent. Anyhow, I still have not tried the improvements to the charge as I play on PS4 but I can assure you attention was necessary, IDC if your Raider is rep2, its irrelevant because you have not hit the ceiling with him to discover the frustrations of his limitations. I doubt that you have on any character for that matter based on the writings in this thread. At this point it is very hard to take anyone who thinks Raider has EVER been OP. If he was BAD I wouldn't play him, and I never said that but at this point he isn't even close to be considered anything but mid tier.

watsonclan335u
07-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Im not saying nerf everything. Just that one ability. It amazes me how utterly irrational peoples knowledge can be. If raider was that bad before the instant charge, why are you not saying buff the lawbringer anymore? If you don't attack a lawbringer and hold a top guard, it will be very hard for him to even touch you. Because his bash is very slow, and if he cant bash you or parry you, you cant lose. He just isnt suited for attacking. Every hero has their strengths and weaknesses. Raider doesnt need to be buffed just because hes bad at this aspect and the other. You're a prestige 30 raider? How the hell did you reach prestige 30 if raider is that bad???Thats what i would like to know.

Why am I not saying buff Lawbringer? Well I guess because I don't play him? YOU are the irrational one, someone with more experience than you is trying to explain something that you clearly have a poor understanding of. Find someone anywhere that thinks Raider is OP as you say...oh right you cant because its fictitious. Im not saying the changes are perfect because i haven't even tried them yet, I only said the character needs attention as it is in order to take him seriously.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm guessing you main with Shin? There are some characters in the game Raider struggles with and Shin, is not one of them. Raiders zone catches Shin mid warp practically every time and three heavies from my axe kills you dead. Come to think of it the only two characters Raider seemed to consistently grab on the charge were Shin and Cent. Anyhow, I still have not tried the improvements to the charge as I play on PS4 but I can assure you attention was necessary, IDC if your Raider is rep2, its irrelevant because you have not hit the ceiling with him to discover the frustrations of his limitations. I doubt that you have on any character for that matter based on the writings in this thread. At this point it is very hard to take anyone who thinks Raider has EVER been OP. If he was BAD I wouldn't play him, and I never said that but at this point he isn't even close to be considered anything but mid tier.

No. i occasionally switch mains. But my highest level prestige character right now is warden, So please dont assume. Also: Id love to see someone fight a raider that spams instant-charge the way it is now. After this update i played raider just because that was buffed, and i won duels left and right, Merely charge spamming and guard breaking (as well as tricking assassins into doing a dodge attack and parrying them.) This needs to be nerfed.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Why am I not saying buff Lawbringer? Well I guess because I don't play him? YOU are the irrational one, someone with more experience than you is trying to explain something that you clearly have a poor understanding of. Find someone anywhere that thinks Raider is OP as you say...oh right you cant because its fictitious. Im not saying the changes are perfect because i haven't even tried them yet, I only said the character needs attention as it is in order to take him seriously.

Note that its extremely easy for me to win duels now by merely using the instant-charge. No skill needed.

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Ok, im going to make a video and post it on youtube then post the link here, just so you guys can see proof of how powerful this is.

Lyskir
07-15-2017, 06:54 PM
in my opinion as a raider main...they should nerf it from 500ms to 600 ms startup animation

but...we all know ubi....they just let it how it is or just nerf it into the ground

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 07:07 PM
in my opinion as a raider main...they should nerf it from 500ms to 600 ms startup animation

but...we all know ubi....they just let it how it is or just nerf it into the ground

Actually that sounds about right...ubi usually nerfs/buffs stuff about 100ms lol

cane2simons
07-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Hey, heres a link to the youtube video. Read the description, and sorry in advance for the low quality i was saying in the chat how unfair it was. I literally only used one tactic and defense. I never attacked on my own. i always exited guard mode and guard broke him or charged him to get a free hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4OrN18jCj4&t=288s

watsonclan335u
07-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Hey, heres a link to the youtube video. Read the description, and sorry in advance for the low quality i was saying in the chat how unfair it was. I literally only used one tactic and defense. I never attacked on my own. i always exited guard mode and guard broke him or charged him to get a free hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4OrN18jCj4&t=288s

That warden never stood a chance, man you were amazing, clearly a nerf is needed because that pro level warden was powerless against your skills.

Cool story bro

UbiNoty
07-15-2017, 11:22 PM
I replied in your other thread - while I understand that you feel this is a topic of importance, let's try to at least wait 48 hours before creating a thread on the same topic.

cane2simons
07-16-2017, 03:36 AM
I replied in your other thread - while I understand that you feel this is a topic of importance, let's try to at least wait 48 hours before creating a thread on the same topic.

Yeah sorry about that. It wont happen again. I just thought it was necessary at first but then realized the other one was still at the top of the list.

watsonclan335u
07-16-2017, 04:27 AM
Yeah sorry about that. It wont happen again. I just thought it was necessary at first but then realized the other one was still at the top of the list.

Too bad, maybe devs can put this into the trashcan where it belongs.

StriderBorne
07-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Devs - add a centurion kick and pin combo onto the beginning of it Raider charge and shugoki hug at the end, will be fine, just get it over with.

UbiNoty
07-20-2017, 12:14 AM
Devs - add a centurion kick and pin combo onto the beginning of it Raider charge and shugoki hug at the end, will be fine, just get it over with.

Sounds like an idea for our S3 heroes. (you know I'm just kidding right? RIGHT?)

Gray360UK
07-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Sounds like an idea for our S3 heroes. (you know I'm just kidding right? RIGHT?)

Oh no no no, that's practically a promise you know. Screenshotting this so I can quote you when it doesn't happen. People will need someone to blame ;)

UbiNoty
07-20-2017, 12:41 AM
Oh no no no, that's practically a promise you know. Screenshotting this so I can quote you when it doesn't happen. People will need someone to blame ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/PW24kUmUv3vlm/giphy.gif

Sekiro...
01-25-2018, 03:06 AM

up

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 04:20 PM
As far as raider goes, his stamina drain while carrying you is beyond ridiculous, it makes zero sense and he already gets a knee to the face which does light damage and stun, drain shouldn't even be there.

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 06:11 PM
Yeah, the only time Raiders stam drain should happen is when he wallsplats, not while he carrys you....

Does Warlords instant charge also drain stamina while carrying them on your shield? if so, then... apply same logic from raiders, to here.