PDA

View Full Version : Option to refuse to play with certain classes or only 1 type of class per team

Archeun
07-14-2017, 11:56 PM
I can see the major issues that would occur if you had an option to refuse to play with specific classes. Obviously, people would refuse to fight (insert chars here) and hurt those type of chars chances at playing. At the same time, they would hurt themselves if they refused to play with many of them by not getting games quickly. For example: I would refuse to play with Shugoki's, Orochi or Centurions. I find those 3 classes to be the most annoying overall. Shugoki because of their 1 hit wonders, Orochi because of their ability to dodge around and kill me slice by slice and Centurions because of their homing missile attack which hits me when I dodge behind them.

Having said that, I think if you limit 1 of each char to a team, that would fix some of the issues such as the ******** 2 cents can put on you.

CandleInTheDark
07-14-2017, 11:59 PM
The suggestion has been brought up before and the common thread is with matchmaking as it is, it doesn't work because of gear stats, there are people with gold gear on one character and nothing anywhere else.

UbiJurassic
07-15-2017, 12:05 AM
Setting up character limitations is something that the community has brought up for quite some time now. We'v brought up the suggestion with the team. Some considerations regarding the suggestion though be be that implementing such a system would effectively extend the length of the matchmaking process. For some players, the length of the matchmaking process is already pretty long. We'd love to hear more thoughts on such a system from the community.

The_B0G_
07-15-2017, 12:11 AM
The Shugoki? That's surprising. If I'm getting beat by a Shugoki 1v1 all I have to do is stop attacking and you pretty much take all of their options away. Usually they just stare at me and do a couple feints to bait me into attacking again.

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2017, 12:16 AM
Setting up character limitations is something that the community has brought up for quite some time now. We'v brought up the suggestion with the team. Some considerations regarding the suggestion though be be that implementing such a system would effectively extend the length of the matchmaking process. For some players, the length of the matchmaking process is already pretty long. We'd love to hear more thoughts on such a system from the community.

I think that with the way matchmaking is, going into matches before making a selection, it is impossible because as I said not everyone has gold gear on four characters. In my own case, I have gold on peacekeeper and blue on warden, berserker and nobushi, then you add the fact that some people want a ban as well, even if I got those other three to gold which would take a significant amount of time, it being a hundred levels per character to even be able to get epic gear (assuming spending steel or unopened salvage crates), I would need to learn another character and put in another hundred levels, a few less if I return to either shinobi (most likely) conqueror or valkyrie but not by many. Some people only play one character, period, and taking the brawl system to dominion would screw them over hard.

If you went with selecting a character before matchmaking it would fix some aspect of that, but as you say for the more popular heroes that is going to increase their wait times, it would be fair enough if stability were better, I think, and we were pretty much guaranteed to get through a match, as it is now, making people wait longer then getting kicked out at the start isn't going to be a good state of things.