PDA

View Full Version : Play as attackers in bot games

EvanonZ
07-14-2017, 06:07 PM
I've been asking this question twice in the devstream but it has not been answered. So i figured I would ask here in hope for an answer :)

As it is now, if you play Players vs Bot, you will only play as a defender. However if you disable matchmaking and only play with bots you have the chance to play as attackers. I would like to know why it works like this, and if it is possible to make it to where you are able to play as attackers in Player vs Bots too. I play a decent amount of Players vs Bot games and i enjoy playing it :) I just wish I could play as attackers too so I could use my attacker colors.

Also, if you could make it possible to select the level of the bots you will be facing? I always face lvl 2 bots, but this feels way to easy for me and I would like to play versus level 3 bots :)

Gray360UK
07-14-2017, 08:21 PM
I've been asking this question twice in the devstream but it has not been answered. So i figured I would ask here in hope for an answer :)

As it is now, if you play Players vs Bot, you will only play as a defender. However if you disable matchmaking and only play with bots you have the chance to play as attackers. I would like to know why it works like this, and if it is possible to make it to where you are able to play as attackers in Player vs Bots too. I play a decent amount of Players vs Bot games and i enjoy playing it :) I just wish I could play as attackers too so I could use my attacker colors.

Also, if you could make it possible to select the level of the bots you will be facing? I always face lvl 2 bots, but this feels way to easy for me and I would like to play versus level 3 bots :)

Selecting bot level and playing as attacker vs AI are two things that many people have asked for here, without result. Maybe you'll have better luck.

EvanonZ
07-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Oh really? Oh well, nice to know that it's not just me that wants it then :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Gray360UK
07-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Oh really? Oh well, nice to know that it's not just me that wants it then :)

Thanks for the reply :)

You're welcome. It's a popular request definitely, and I would think simple enough to implement. I know there are far more important issues, but slipping a few of these in every now and again to keep a few people sweet can't hurt.

To be fair, several of the smaller things requested by the playerbase (like matching ornament colours, neutral colour schemes added to attacker / defender options and making salvage more useful have been addressed recently).

UbiJurassic
07-14-2017, 11:31 PM
As Gray has said, these are definitely popular requests. We'll continue to make note of it and bring it up to the team. If we hear any progress on it,we'll be sure to let players know. :)

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2017, 12:53 AM
You can be attacker in bot games, with matchmaking off at least, I just did one.

Gray360UK
07-15-2017, 12:57 AM
You can be attacker in bot games, with matchmaking off at least, I just did one.

Yeah he mentioned that, but in all of the VS AI modes when you are playing with other players, you can't.

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2017, 01:00 AM
Yeah he mentioned that, but in all of the VS AI modes when you are playing with other players, you can't.

Ah fair point, not really paid attention. I am doing against only bot right now because I am still waiting on the controller I sent off to be replaced lol, and when I get it back I will need to do that again to reset my muscle memory >.>

Gray360UK
07-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Ah fair point, not really paid attention. I am doing against only bot right now because I am still waiting on the controller I sent off to be replaced lol, and when I get it back I will need to do that again to reset my muscle memory >.>

I had to play with matchmaking off earlier because some damn Berserker kept running up and finishing off my opponents in Elimination when I was one hit away from getting the Execution. I wouldn't have minded but I was trying to complete the Elimination Executioner daily. Soon as I went bot only, what do you know, I'm in attacker colours (which I have to say, I mostly prefer). No reason to not be able to do that in Player VS AI, I really don't think the bots care what colour we are, and I think as players we can identify blue bots just as well as red ones ;)