PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki Deamons embrace input still bugged.

DeLatv
07-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Had a dominion match where 4+ times again i couldnt do deamons embrace, but he did normal guard break. Are devs aware of this? Cos i have spoken about this every shugoki player, and everyone respons that they have encountered this, and every one has theyr own kirks how to minimize it.

But it shouldnt happen in the first place. Please is frustrating feeling not to be in 100% controll of the hero.

kweassa1
07-14-2017, 06:35 PM
There is no "bug". You simply misinput.

The input needs to feel more of a "hold ↓" or "walking back" feel, than a "tap ↓" feel. It most often fails when people try to use it quickly between feints or attack-canceling, but directional input doesn't "queue up" between action, so to speak, so often,,during the recovery times of feints or attack cancels the "↓" doesn't register.

People make the mistake thinking that they did the directional input but in reality, it didn't register.

Just try to slow down a pace in between inputs.

(ps) ...and no, you did not speak to "all the shugoki players".

Moondyne_MC
07-15-2017, 01:39 AM
There is no "bug". You simply misinput.

The input needs to feel more of a "hold ↓" or "walking back" feel, than a "tap ↓" feel. It most often fails when people try to use it quickly between feints or attack-canceling, but directional input doesn't "queue up" between action, so to speak, so often,,during the recovery times of feints or attack cancels the "↓" doesn't register.

People make the mistake thinking that they did the directional input but in reality, it didn't register.

Just try to slow down a pace in between inputs.

(ps) ...and no, you did not speak to "all the shugoki players".

He clearly meant all the Shugo players he knew. No offense meant Kweassa, as I find you to be very informative and helpful with the deeper mechanics of the game, but lately it feels like you're being unnecessarily rough with people when they're having a hard time. I know it's frustrating giving the same response over and over, but you're gonna turn people off looking for help here.

Anyway, I do agree with the OP that Demon's Embrace input needs some tightening up, something in the way of Nobu's HS input fix. All too often I have thrown an enemy in to the wall for a confirmed hug, only to either a) simply GB them while they're in wallstun recovery, doing nothing, or b) had a slight delay before crouching, leading to the enemy being able to dodge the otherwise confirmed DemEmb.

I seem to have figured out the ever-so-slight-delay timing on the pulling back of the left stick, and slowly double tapping GB works for me, but IMO we shouldn't have to do that. If you throw someone in to a wall, you should be able to immediately activate DemEmb without worrying it'll do a GB instead, despite you clearly holding the back button.

Gray360UK
07-15-2017, 01:50 AM
It's always done it for me as well, and like Moondyne, I got around it by double-tapping Guard Break. I then found that Demons Embrace worked every time without fail.

DeLatv
07-15-2017, 10:23 PM
What do you mean, dubbletapping? I tried always to hold back and spamming GB ,but still it sometimes does normal gb.

UbiNoty
07-15-2017, 11:24 PM
I'll ask the team to look into it - are you on XB1? PC? PS4?
If you can create a report with us over at support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) as well, that will help us gather some more information so we can focus our investigation.

That_guy44
07-16-2017, 12:10 AM
You're getting the timing wrong. I had this problem at first when I started to play shugoki. Give it a extra heartbeat and make sure you are holding down before you hit the gb button. You should be starting the input for the embrace just as they hit the wall. Any earlier and you may just attempt a guardbreak.