PDA

View Full Version : AEP planes causing file corruption, CTD and lock ups HELP!

salthill
04-25-2004, 03:42 PM
hi
AEP is giving me real grief. it worked fine for a while then when in QMB i chose the p38 i got the above probs or the spitfire. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry etc reinstalled FB and AEP. evrything fine incl the p38 for about a week now the P38 and spit cause lockups, it started with the file corrupt message then deteriorated to lockups. first in qmb and now to single missions or on line . however i can fly in servers with spits
whats up any ideas
cheers

salthill
04-25-2004, 03:42 PM
hi
AEP is giving me real grief. it worked fine for a while then when in QMB i chose the p38 i got the above probs or the spitfire. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry etc reinstalled FB and AEP. evrything fine incl the p38 for about a week now the P38 and spit cause lockups, it started with the file corrupt message then deteriorated to lockups. first in qmb and now to single missions or on line . however i can fly in servers with spits
whats up any ideas
cheers

salthill
04-25-2004, 03:46 PM
btw

all else is working fine!!

lil_labbit
04-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Defragment (and check) drive - check there is enough space on it - up the size of your paging file - run a dxdiag (start - run - type "dxdiag" and do all tests).

Also check for viruses (do a scan), delete any cookies, run an spybot remover like ad-aware.

Also close all programs next to clock when playing. Set everything to NOT auto-update but update by hand...

Check temp of cpu too - clean all fans in computer...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day