PDA

View Full Version : New Ranking System

Archeun
07-13-2017, 07:33 PM
I'm starting to believe that Ubisoft is actually trolling us now.

First match today: My team is me at Rep 5, a Rep 1, Rep 2 and Rep 3. Our opponents are a Rep 32, rep 26, rep 10, rep 14.

We get absolutely destroyed. 1000 to 100.

To begin with, how do you balance matchmaking when you have an average of 1400 players on at one time for PC?

This is ridiculous. I honestly think Ubisoft simply doesn't give 2 squirts.

Blasto95
07-13-2017, 07:46 PM
They do suck at balancing the numbers....but those numbers mean very little. rep 32 and 26 is decent id say average for someone whose been playing casually since release. 10 and 14? Thats nothing for most people. Im rep 16 or 17 and I currently have not played the past month and took over a month break before that as well.

These people couldve AFK'd through AI games up to rep 100 and be the worst player in the game. They could have 1000 hours in game and be the worst in the game, or they could have 10 hours in game and fight like a god. Rep means nothing. Just like Gear score and the rep "system" before that.

Archeun
07-13-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm Rep 5 and I've played 1-2 hours daily since launch. Now, I do have several chars but only about 4 are rep 3ish. If you're Rep 25+, you've put in some time with the character and you will destroy Rep 1-4 people if you have.

thornh
07-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Was it showing combined Rep for both teams or just the opposing team? I ask because of the Rep 32. Max Rep is 30 per character (unless this changed in 1.09).

My overall Rep is 42 but my highest individual character is Rep 9. Just curious what they are doing. I'm on console so I have to wait another week for all of this.

UbiNoty
07-13-2017, 11:46 PM
So our current matchmaking system calculates based on all your rep over all your heroes and it's supposed to make it more balanced, but to keep queues shorter it can sometimes still result in less than ideal matchmaking. I will make a note for the team to keep an eye on the matchmaking numbers to make sure it's working as intended.

Edit: I did forget to ask if you're on console/platform as that affects what you're seeing too.

Archeun
07-14-2017, 12:45 AM
I play on PC

Archimediss
07-15-2017, 12:54 AM
your current match making system sucks even worse than before i been fighting 25 + all day getting destroyed my stats ruined all because your incompetent . if you create a match making system do it o0n char not all of them my combined is 42 on avarage my chars are 3,5 and with that im facing chars that are three timers better armed and five times bvetter armored how am i supposed to enjoy a game like i dont like being cannon fodder never have . And what makes matters worse you get a 30 secs free leave by the time you found out because their on par system you automatically have that ten minute ban applied . Way to go dumb asses

Mia.Nora
07-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Just had a game last night, with ended with a ragequit crash at end (duh) where enemy team combined rep was over 120.
And my team combined rep was barely 30, and I am alone 23.

Who ever is responsible for adjusting the matchmaking algorithm needs to go back to kindergarden and start counting beans.

Vonnivek
07-15-2017, 05:50 PM
I think the solution is simple,
UBIsoft should only matchmaking based on the total rep and display the total rep on the loading screen,
so people will see on the screen that both team's total rep are nearly the same,
so people will stop crying about matchmaking system sucks
although total rep doesn't represent the true skill level, but it's ok
because skill level can't be quantified,
so people won't have an excuse for losing a game