PDA

View Full Version : Devs are you really done with Kensei?

Chucky_Jones
07-13-2017, 08:50 AM
I am still a faithful kensei main but it's pretty annoying that classes like raider, valk, and lawbringer get nice juicy buffs and then kensei gets a few minor buffs in the wrong areas and maybe a nerf or two. There was no need to nerf the dodge block but I'm not too mad about that cause it's not that big of a deal. I'm more upset about the lack of real buffs. Do you guys not understand what kensei needs in order to be viable, or are you so confident in the defense meta nerf that it makes sense to just wait on Kensei?
I would seriously like too know.

BTW any eta on the defense nerf?
Another BTW if the defense meta nerf is just a nerf to parry then kensei is finished bacause parry is all he has for damage. It will also hurt him if people have even less incentive to parry becaus then his mind games will be even more useless.

DrinkinMyStella
07-13-2017, 08:54 AM
He need an opener to mixup with, something like cents kick, valks bash etc give him like an elbow bash opener for example, he need a more diverse move set.

Linnix1
07-13-2017, 09:02 AM
He need an opener to mixup with, something like cents kick, valks bash etc give him like an elbow bash opener for example, he need a more diverse move set.

You say that but with all his feint cancels he actually has one of the most diverse moves in the game next to shin.

kweassa1
07-13-2017, 09:11 AM
You say that but with all his feint cancels he actually has one of the most diverse moves in the game next to shin.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dd/ddeeeaf8cdf5cd837bf014bcf5d23a675ce7a7690a20c1dda5 7b6d5f8ec870ae.jpg

Tyrjo
07-13-2017, 09:14 AM

I have to agree with this. A good Kensei can be a nightmare to face since you never know when you really can parry of when its a feint.

guor6800
07-13-2017, 09:28 AM
I have to agree with this. A good Kensei can be a nightmare to face since you never know when you really can parry of when its a feint.

Then don't try to parry him. Let him spam feints and lose his stamina. You keep your block up for his top light and it's gg. Everything else except from top light range from slow and punishable to really slow and really punishable.

My.Insanity
07-13-2017, 09:37 AM
I am still a faithful kensei main but it's pretty annoying that classes like raider, valk, and lawbringer get nice juicy buffs

I have no idea what nice juicy buff Valk got? Did i miss something? If you mean the little buff she got with release of this game.. i have to tell you that this buff was only to fix the huge nerf she got from the Alpha / Beta.

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-13-2017, 09:46 AM
The team are looking into character balance, especially after all the feedback regarding the warlord. Once character balance changes have been made, it could as a domino effect change the viability of the Kensei in a competitive environment. At the moment its a case of waiting for balancing to take place.

DrinkinMyStella
07-13-2017, 10:35 AM

his feint game is good but so are most other characters. I use to main Kensei and stopped when I got to rep 5 so I know how to play as him but against decent players his feint game doesn't mean nothing. he is still predictable and his moves are slow. bare in mind though I didn't say anything about his feinting which I agree is good but you can't rely on feints with a turtle and thats the problem his has no viable option to open up a turtle so I'm asking for some opening moved added. He has a very basic moves compared to others, compare to the other vanguards, raider has his stamina drain carry and he can cancel every heavy into a super fast stunning tap which makes him go from low tier to mid/high tier and he can ledge really easily. Warden has his 50/50 mixup, now what does Kensei have in comparison.

UbiNoty
07-14-2017, 01:00 AM
I am still a faithful kensei main but it's pretty annoying that classes like raider, valk, and lawbringer get nice juicy buffs and then kensei gets a few minor buffs in the wrong areas and maybe a nerf or two. There was no need to nerf the dodge block but I'm not too mad about that cause it's not that big of a deal. I'm more upset about the lack of real buffs. Do you guys not understand what kensei needs in order to be viable, or are you so confident in the defense meta nerf that it makes sense to just wait on Kensei?
I would seriously like too know.

BTW any eta on the defense nerf?
Another BTW if the defense meta nerf is just a nerf to parry then kensei is finished bacause parry is all he has for damage. It will also hurt him if people have even less incentive to parry becaus then his mind games will be even more useless.

So as to the def meta changes, we're letting players test it out on the next PT at the end of the month. And I'm pretty sure it's more than just a parry nerf, but until we release full details (which should be revealed next week) to know the full extent of the changes coming with the def meta update.

And we did announce previously we'd like to give all the samurai classes some love, but we may have jumped the gun and announced it a bit too early on - it's still coming though!

AenarBlackfyre2
07-16-2017, 02:04 AM
Honestly as a Kensei main myself, I did like the buff for swift strike and helm splitter. Yeah they don't break turtles, but those are reaction moves, they shouldn't ever break turtles. Helm splitter is in my opinion more of a chase down move for people that back out a lot, such as Shinobi and Peacekeeper. Swift strike for situations like punishing after someone cancels their heavy after your feint, good timing can cause them to not be able to swich guards in time. But I do get sad that a beserkers heavy outdamages me v.v Like.. He's 80lbs at best -.-

On another note, the best poke Kensei has imo isn't from the top. His side light has great range, awesome tracking, and is his fastest move if someone is holding guard from the top. I've used it to mind game battle thingy people, berserkers can feint and side step all day, the side light follows and chips away when you abuse his range.