PDA

View Full Version : PK Bad Match

nufrancis
07-13-2017, 05:10 AM
Admin, sorry to post this thread in this sub forum, because from what I see other sub forum is declining in terms of reply.

Fellow PK user, I am meaning to ask for tips in using PK vs her bad match. I am rep 6 PK and so far I have difficulties when fighting Kensei, Berserker, and Shinobi, even with rep below me.

1.Kensei: Obviously we have disadvantage in range and I dont know why it hard to predict Kensei light attack. This is a bit embarassing because Kensei is my first main and Im already rep 8. I can do well fighting Kensei with my other main, Kensei and Warlord but not with PK. In using PK we have to attack in very close range. Almost all Kensei I fight will do swift attack when I do light and If I faint heavy they keep doing swift attack and I unable to parry, only block. I suspect this is because they have better connection than me. Anybody experiencing same situation? The point is what I can do with PK vs Kensei is very limited. I have to wait for them to make a blunder and opening than I can attack, but If I take initiative almost guaranteed they will swift attack. Duel mostly the score will be 3-2 for Kensei.

2.Zerker: His Hyper Armour is deadly for PK, because her strongest attack is her light then all zerker do is to spam Hyper Armour. Uninterruptible + bigger damage + PK deflect is useless. I can deflect but still the combos continue with hyper armour. Parry a bit difficult, with zerker attack speed and assasins reflect block means inferior block and parry timing.

3.Shinobi: His dodge is faster, his light attack is same quality with PK, can be flexible for range. Everytime I want to attack, Shinobi just dodge and then make space, do long attack, when we are in same short range, our light will collide damaging both of us. He is a PK Killer. Its like the value of PK is declining because of him. PK Mk II, I call him. The Only time I can get clear opening is when he is doing his kick.

Hoping for advanced tips and trick from other PK user.

PDXGorechild
07-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Zerker: As Persinitrix says, fight versus a level 0 Bot and memorise his moves, particularly his infinite chain: Dance of the paired blades. Once you've got a feel for it, it's pretty predictable. Most people will go left to right with it. If you can predict the next swing, you can parry the zerker and punish hard. A player who is good at parrying is the enemy of his infinite chain. Avoid leaping attacks or anything too telegraphed as he'll probably just spin chop out of the way. Guard break him plenty and apply that bleed and keep your distance. Caution is key, going toe to toe with him will result in your demise.

Lastly - DO NOT let his top heavy land. Even if you just block or get out of the way, it's very slow but if you allow it to land it will take over half your health bar off.

Hope that helps.

nufrancis
07-17-2017, 03:28 AM
@Pesinitrix and Gorechild, thank you very much for the suggestion.

Still hoping for more suggestion from other PK user :)

Charmzzz
07-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Admin, sorry to post this thread in this sub forum, because from what I see other sub forum is declining in terms of reply.

Fellow PK user, I am meaning to ask for tips in using PK vs her bad match. I am rep 6 PK and so far I have difficulties when fighting Kensei, Berserker, and Shinobi, even with rep below me.

1.Kensei: Obviously we have disadvantage in range and I dont know why it hard to predict Kensei light attack. This is a bit embarassing because Kensei is my first main and Im already rep 8. I can do well fighting Kensei with my other main, Kensei and Warlord but not with PK. In using PK we have to attack in very close range. Almost all Kensei I fight will do swift attack when I do light and If I faint heavy they keep doing swift attack and I unable to parry, only block. I suspect this is because they have better connection than me. Anybody experiencing same situation? The point is what I can do with PK vs Kensei is very limited. I have to wait for them to make a blunder and opening than I can attack, but If I take initiative almost guaranteed they will swift attack. Duel mostly the score will be 3-2 for Kensei.

2.Zerker: His Hyper Armour is deadly for PK, because her strongest attack is her light then all zerker do is to spam Hyper Armour. Uninterruptible + bigger damage + PK deflect is useless. I can deflect but still the combos continue with hyper armour. Parry a bit difficult, with zerker attack speed and assasins reflect block means inferior block and parry timing.

3.Shinobi: His dodge is faster, his light attack is same quality with PK, can be flexible for range. Everytime I want to attack, Shinobi just dodge and then make space, do long attack, when we are in same short range, our light will collide damaging both of us. He is a PK Killer. Its like the value of PK is declining because of him. PK Mk II, I call him. The Only time I can get clear opening is when he is doing his kick.

Hoping for advanced tips and trick from other PK user.

Rep 30 PK here, but only "okish" so do not take for granted what I suggest!
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz/heroes

Kensei: I am always prepared for a Dodge + Forward to Deflect their top light attack. Same thing vs LB, Warden, Orochi, they all have fast top lights. Deflect into guaranteed stab is a gamechanger if you can do it constantly. If the Kensei goes for a side dodge attack - easy to parry or deflect. If they play the turtle I go for a side heavy feint into different side light, or a heavy soft-feint into GB. Try to Deflect instead of Parry since you are mostly out of range for the followup GB after Parry. Kensei has only a few (or just one?) hyperarmor move, so your Deflect stab will always interrupt him.

Zerker: Be aggressive. Dont wait for him to make the first move, if he does DO NOT DEFLECT. Block or go for a Parry. NO DEFLECTING except the first or last attack of his chain. Always parry the top heavy since it is very slow. If he is a feint master: zone attack as soon as he is in range. He cannot dodge it. Do not fight near walls if possible, the guaranteed top heavy after wall stagger hurts.

Shinobi: What Persinitrix said. Shinobi is mostly dead as soon as you are close, just get the timing right to dodge his kick and gg.

Legacy_Zealot
07-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Dont normally play PK because she is cheap. Light spam tends to work and that good ol' heavy feint bleed jab.:cool: