PDA

View Full Version : Downed Defensive Side-rolling!

MakeUmove2010
07-13-2017, 04:24 AM
Concept mechanic idea for all heroes.

I feel like knock-down is TOO decisive of an advantage.Even when winded. it isn't a hard reflex to push yourself away from a spot one way or the other when you are on the ground, especially if you know you are under assault..
Many martial arts train people how to defend themselves from a knocked-down position, and I feel For Honor should be no different!

This could be verily easily implemented without being over-powered because it is a pure defensive skill, and it can have harsh enough penalties used irresponsibly,
eg: 30% or specific point amount cost to stamina bar (points could be more balanced to fast-recovering stamina characters). If downed due to out of stamina, heavy class characters can not roll. If non-heavy class. reset stamina recovery bar to 0 and have a 1-1.5 second pause before it begins recovering.

However, it shouldn't be infallible. If attackers pause their attacks and patiently wait on a downed opponent, they should be able to land the hit. Unless they take too long waiting and the opponents stamina bar recovers completely to the point where they can just stand up.
Most characters should only be able to roll left or roll right.
Lightly armored or agile character could be able to roll backwards, at the cost of a slightly higher penalty.(like 35-40% or a 1.75 sec pause)

However, this will only be a fun/interesting/viable mechanic if they ****ed down auto-unblockables get fixed, or make characters invincible for a half second when they push off the ground.

MakeUmove2010
07-13-2017, 04:29 AM
I do not understand why they decided to censor the term F-I-X- E-D.

Please comment and share your thoughts.

watsonclan335u
07-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Very interesting, I hope this thread finds its way over to the devs, you've made some great suggestions.