PDA

View Full Version : Creative Director leaves For Honor...

FinnOfTheHorde
07-12-2017, 09:07 AM
So yeah...Jason VandenBerghe.
We will miss You :c And like he said: Ubisoft and his old team take good care of For Honor.

Legacy_Zealot
07-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Never heard of him. Only person I have heard of is Roman, purely because of how much hate he gets.

Trbevis
07-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Hes the guy who had pitched for honor for ten years trying to get it published, it was his creation

Legacy_Zealot
07-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Oh that's a shame. They need more people like him. Cant milk assassins creed forever can they. :rolleyes:

Gray360UK
07-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Didn't he leave before launch? I thought this was old news?

FinnOfTheHorde
07-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Didn't he leave before launch? I thought this was old news?

Maybe You are thinking about Alex Amancio?

Draghmar
07-12-2017, 10:34 AM
I was wondering why he didn't appear on the media. I wonder what was his true motive for leaving.

Gray360UK
07-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Maybe You are thinking about Alex Amancio?

No, I see now where the confusion is though. He has just left UBISOFT, not For Honor. He has left the whole company.

As far as I know he left For Honor before launch. There has been speculation about what happened between Jason and the For Honor team for a long time now, and he left the team, I am sure, before launch. People have suggested that his vision for For Honor was not wanted, and he clashed with the other Developers. When they show old footage (like Last Weeks Warriors Den) he is there, hands on, involved in all of it. Since launch he has been missing, he has never been seen or heard from anywhere. I have seen a lot of people claiming the difference between what we could have had and what we got is because Jason left the team. This is just going on the things I have seen written here and there since the game came out, it could all be completely wrong.

FinnOfTheHorde
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
No, I see now where the confusion is though. He has just left UBISOFT, not For Honor. He has left the whole company.

As far as I know he left For Honor before launch. There has been speculation about what happened between Jason and the For Honor team for a long time now, and he left the team, I am sure, before launch. People have suggested that his vision for For Honor was not wanted, and he clashed with the other Developers. When they show old footage (like Last Weeks Warriors Den) he is there, hands on, involved in all of it. Since launch he has been missing, he has never been seen or heard from anywhere. I have seen a lot of people claiming the difference between what we could have had and what we got is because Jason left the team. This is just going on the things I have seen written here and there since the game came out, it could all be completely wrong.

Yeah, he left Ubisoft. Sad they didnt go his way with For Honor.

T_Sesh
07-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Jason went on sabbatical almost immediately after launch of the game, he has a blog here where you can read http://www.darklorde.com/
At least publicly, he is very proud of what was accomplished with For Honor, and he just announced he is now Director of Design at ArenaNet (most known for their Guild Wars games) after 9 years at Ubisoft. He won't be directly making games anymore, as he'll be more of a studio director, rather than a guy working on individual games. Sad to see he wont likely be the face of another game any time soon, let alone For Honor :/