PDA

View Full Version : Why the centurion is hated And.....

McSuperman2015
07-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Watch this video perfect example of centurion spammer. Also tho proof Ubisoft is making improvements with connection issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisCbC2y08E

Antonioj26
07-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Watch this video perfect example of centurion spammer. Also tho proof Ubisoft is making improvements with connection issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisCbC2y08E

It doesn't even show the main problem with centurion, nor does it show ubi making improvements. All it shows is the guy who made this video (I'm guessing you) doesn't know how to trim his videos. You don't even see him fight for 5 minutes and even after that it's just another 7 minutes of R2 spam. I legitimately don't think a single shoulder bash, GB, or light attack was thrown out in the video. I've never seen so much Heavy spam in my life. You won I guess so can't really knock it, but that's more a reflection on your opponents than your skill.

kweassa1
07-12-2017, 02:25 AM
It doesn't even show the main problem with centurion, nor does it show ubi making improvements. All it shows is the guy who made this video (I'm guessing you) doesn't know how to trim his videos. You don't even see him fight for 5 minutes and even after that it's just another 7 minutes of R2 spam. I legitimately don't think a single shoulder bash, GB, or light attack was thrown out in the video. I've never seen so much Heavy spam in my life. You won I guess so can't really knock it, but that's more a reflection on your opponents than your skill.

▶ I won't be so harsh, but some of the points you made are exactly my comments as well.

At first, looking at the title of the thread I thought to myself, "hoo boy, another cent whine" and jumped in to see if I can make any pointers in the mistakes made... and ... um... for the entirety of the 12 minute video I was on the look-out for which moments the op was talking about... except the only move he does is:

(1) move
(2) heavy-heavy

...and not in an exaggeration, but LITERALLY. No dodging, any real basic form of combat... and I'm not saying this to diss the op -- but I'm saying that's the AVERAGE level many people are at. It's not just the op, but look at all the other players as well. That's the AVERAGE level of gameplay.

Again, no intention of disrespect to the op. People could be at different skill levels. There's nothing wrong with that. But what should be giving people a pause, is that these "average" people are also those who complain in places like General Discussions and talk about "balance" and how some classes are "OP".

See, I've often professed that people really shouldn't buy in to what others complain about in terms of balance. I also often mention that "balance" is only a real factor at above-average skill levels, and I also often express my general distrust towards balance complaints most people give out in PvP forums.

Well, the vid may not be a proof of centurion problems like the op said, but it sure the heck is a proof of what I say. :D

Casper5632
07-12-2017, 03:44 AM
New class in a multiplayer game = Easier to be good at = Intentionally overpowered to make new players come to the game for the new class, and beat on experienced players who cant parry his attacks because of how intentionally awkward they are compared to old classes.

bmason1000
07-12-2017, 05:04 AM
New class in a multiplayer game = Easier to be good at = Intentionally overpowered to make new players come to the game for the new class, and beat on experienced players who cant parry his attacks because of how intentionally awkward they are compared to old classes.
They ARE awkward, aren't they?

ChampionRuby50g
07-12-2017, 05:10 AM
I hate seeing this. People complaining about the Centurion, about how he's so OP, but then can't even play the game properly themselves! I'm at lost to how you even got Godlike. Pure chance. How can you say a hero is broken when you only use one button to fight with? No dodge, no feint, only heavy attack.
This is seriously just a case of "get good" and stop complaining about something when you do nothing to help your case. This is why Ubisoft aren't doing more, because players like you complain so much but don't even understand the basic fundamental concepts of how to fight in this game.

kweassa1
07-12-2017, 08:04 AM
...and I can guarantee that when people actually approach online communities seeking knowledge and how-tos, and genuinely want to learn about dealing with their grievances in the game -- people will be lined up to most sincerely and kindly respond with all sorts of things they'd like to share. And not just from cynical pr*cks like me :rolleyes:, but a lot more skilled and courteous players would go through a lot of trouble to sincerely help others out. This is another trait of fighting game gamers -- they love to talk about specific stuff, theorycrafting, taking up combat scenarios and discussing it with others, and giving pointers and tips to other people.

And yet, like 99% of the posts in the General Discussions aren't even "discussions" -- it's just a "hop on board the hate-train" to bash and belittle something which so many know so little about... and that's one of the reasons why top-level competitive players never use these boards. It's not because they're elitist snobs that they can't speak to us plebs or anything like that... it's that nobody here is ready to listen to anything they say anyway.

Such a big waste, IMO.

Legacy_Zealot
07-12-2017, 08:42 AM

I feel like he also has to parry differently too?

Charmzzz
07-12-2017, 09:36 AM
I am by far not the best in parries and deflects, but I can pull them off pretty constantly except for the Cents heavy attacks. Uncharged it comes as fast as a light, then it has 2 (!!!) other timings where the last one is even an unblockable. So, 3 timings I have to learn for one enemy, and he can chose between all options every time.

Every other class can be "learned" into muscle memory except the Cent. So every other class has to play the feint-game at some point in higher skill levels. This is bs design imo.

Arekonator
07-12-2017, 09:59 AM
I am by far not the best in parries and deflects, but I can pull them off pretty constantly except for the Cents heavy attacks. Uncharged it comes as fast as a light, then it has 2 (!!!) other timings where the last one is even an unblockable. So, 3 timings I have to learn for one enemy, and he can chose between all options every time.

Every other class can be "learned" into muscle memory except the Cent. So every other class has to play the feint-game at some point in higher skill levels. This is bs design imo.

+ soft feint into GB.
Softfeint GB on a move with already variable parry timing is just stupid. And the fact he denies normal feints into GB due to how fast his heavy is just cherry on top.

DrinkinMyStella
07-12-2017, 11:45 AM
all I see is a warden heavy spam ganking, I play as cent and I'm rep7 as I really don't see him much of a problem as people now know how to play against him, my only viable options as a cent now are well timed heavy attacks, zone attacks and basically just chipping away damage and try for the GB, I can't use kick or jab or charged heavy as much now because the punish is too much if missed and its too risky so cent is now your mid tier character. The only problem is the CC in 4v4 but you hardly see teams full on cents now so you don't have to deal with that at every angle.