PDA

View Full Version : Centurion jump attack unable to be parried with revenge?

Existentialmeme
07-10-2017, 12:17 PM
As title, does anyone else experience this? their jump attack doesn't get parried on revenge activation, only acts as a block and they can simply continue on with their combo.

My.Insanity
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
all heavy attacks from Centruio which pin / jabs and kicks are uneffected by Revenge or Hyper Armor. He is just fine. XD

Nestramutat
07-10-2017, 02:34 PM
If you activate revenge at the moment you are down on your arse and the cent is about to jump on you, he will get parried and get knocked on his arse.

If you activate revenge when he charged jabs you, good luck, you will fall and then eat a jump attack.

Existentialmeme
07-10-2017, 03:15 PM
so even the charged jab doesn't get parried by revenge activation? wow that's balanced xD

so the jump attack, charged jab both ignores revenge activation parry. good to know.

I'm gonna try to collect some video evidence of this. GG Ubisoft. Roman's baby will always be broken

Antonioj26
07-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Most unparriable unblockables (headbutt, shield bash, shoulder bash, etc.) don't get parried from revenge, why should cents be any different? The jump attack should, but not his jabs and kick.

Existentialmeme
07-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Most unparriable unblockables (headbutt, shield bash, shoulder bash, etc.) don't get parried from revenge, why should cents be any different? The jump attack should, but not his jabs and kick.

you're right, all unblockable KNOCKBACKS cannot be parried, but Centurion's jab is a unblockable attack, just like raider's zone and Kensei's top heavy finisher. But those two can be parried with revenge activation, but centurion's jab supposedly cannot (others told me this, I have not test it myself)

Also I never mentioned his kick... yes the jump attack should definitely be parried.

This is probably why revenge is absolutely useless in front of centurion, cuz he really just ignores it

Antonioj26
07-10-2017, 07:00 PM
you're right, all unblockable KNOCKBACKS cannot be parried, but Centurion's jab is a unblockable attack, just like raider's zone and Kensei's top heavy finisher. But those two can be parried with revenge activation, but centurion's jab supposedly cannot (others told me this, I have not test it myself)

Also I never mentioned his kick... yes the jump attack should definitely be parried.

This is probably why revenge is absolutely useless in front of centurion, cuz he really just ignores it

The jab is not in the same as raiders zone or kenseis top finisher, those can be parried normally with or without revenge, the jab cannot. The jab is just like headbutt, shield bash, and shoulder bash so again why should it be treated any different?

Arekonator
07-10-2017, 07:10 PM
The jab is not in the same as raiders zone or kenseis top finisher, those can be parried normally with or without revenge, the jab cannot. The jab is just like headbutt, shield bash, and shoulder bash so again why should it be treated any different?

I guess its misunderstanding and when he says "jab" he actually means the charged pin.

Antonioj26
07-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I guess its misunderstanding and when he says "jab" he actually means the charged pin.

I doubt that, he knows the difference between a charged heavy and a jab. If you're right though then yeah that should be parried by activation.

kweassa1
07-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Cent t+H is uninterruptable.

I'm pretty sure stuff like Warlord t+H, Kensei ZA, Shug attacks while UI-shield is on.. etc etc.. also don't get KDd through revenge activation... although I do admit I've never given it much thought in the first place, so I'll probably have to go check.

UbiJurassic
07-11-2017, 02:15 AM
We'll hopefully have some changes to address this coming into Season 3. We know that Centurion is a large problem for players, especially regarding his stacking CC in 4v4 and we're actively looking for and developing solutions to resolve it.

Existentialmeme
07-11-2017, 02:50 AM
I doubt that, he knows the difference between a charged heavy and a jab. If you're right though then yeah that should be parried by activation.

SORRY!!! Arekonator is right xDDDD yeah I'm actually talking about the charged heavy...

sorry about that, I don't have centurion unlocked, so I can't even look at his movesets and get the right name :/

so I have no idea if the charged heavy can be parried by revenge activation, never really payed attention, I know for sure that the jump attack cannot tho

bmason1000
07-11-2017, 03:12 AM
SORRY!!! Arekonator is right xDDDD yeah I'm actually talking about the charged heavy...

sorry about that, I don't have centurion unlocked, so I can't even look at his movesets and get the right name :/

so I have no idea if the charged heavy can be parried by revenge activation, never really payed attention, I know for sure that the jump attack cannot tho
Charged heavy can be, but the timing is realllll wonky. What I've observed, If they start charging BEFORE you activate, it should parry. If they start charging DURING activation, it will not parry. It hits after the auto parry moment but while you're still technically immobilized by the activation animation.

Note again that this is based on observation and NOT testing. If anyone wishes to test, i would keep this in mind as a starting point.

vgrimr_J
07-11-2017, 05:03 AM
We'll hopefully have some changes to address this coming into Season 3. We know that Centurion is a large problem for players, especially regarding his stacking CC in 4v4 and we're actively looking for and developing solutions to resolve it.

why only just in season 3 and not earlier....oh thats right first we need the second set of op heroes to keep the train going.nice

bmason1000
07-11-2017, 06:13 AM
why only just in season 3 and not earlier....oh thats right first we need the second set of op heroes to keep the train going.nice
Season 3 is supposed to bring some big changes to actual mechanics. It doesn't make much sense to implement changes now that will create problems later.

guor6800
07-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Season 3 is supposed to bring some big changes to actual mechanics. It doesn't make much sense to implement changes now that will create problems later.

I love how although it makes total sense not to implement any minor changes before an expected overhaul that they found the shinobi's kick is op fast as hell resulting in his hard-nerf and centurion just had a season where the worst thing that happened to him is some extremely minor bug-fixes.

Its crystal clear that the team does not want all the champions to be on par and being more or less favorable towards certain champions.

kweassa1
07-11-2017, 08:49 AM
I love how although it makes total sense not to implement any minor changes before an expected overhaul that they found the shinobi's kick is op fast as hell resulting in his hard-nerf and centurion just had a season where the worst thing that happened to him is some extremely minor bug-fixes.

Its crystal clear that the team does not want all the champions to be on par and being more or less favorable towards certain champions.

▶ I think it's a bit more clear you've clearly got issues, and probably need anger management therapy or something.

It's not uncommon for people with anger issues fall under paranoia and conspiracy theories of the most ridiculous sort, so you've got nothing to be ashamed when going to see a doctor.

EITHER THAT, or you often confuse a lump of coal with crystal. Mineralogically challenged... oh dear.

Just saying. :rolleyes:

guor6800
07-11-2017, 09:00 AM
▶ I think it's a bit more clear you've clearly got issues, and probably need anger management therapy or something.

It's not uncommon for people with anger issues fall under paranoia and conspiracy theories of the most ridiculous sort, so you've got nothing to be ashamed when going to see a doctor.

EITHER THAT, or you often confuse a lump of coal with crystal. Mineralogically challenged... oh dear.

No man no anger management problems whatsoever. On the other hand you are being pretty delusional. Saying things with no real meaning, comparing really unequal things in most absurd ways just to pinpoint how delusional you are.

I can understand the you have set some low standards in your life but it's not the case for all of us.

Once again have a nice day.

KersmackIDKFA
07-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Yet you are the 1 that came into a forum post offering nothing on the topic, but seemingly just to attack another poster. Fascinating.

Dude_of_Valor
07-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Thing is people are expecting changes come season 3. I would like to think that changes have been made and it is just a case of waiting it out as the season is nearly over.

Arekonator
07-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Projection is a terrible thing.

Legacy_Zealot
07-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Doesn't seem like a big deal.

kweassa1
07-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Projection is a terrible thing.

Excellent point!

Definitely something the incessant whiners and QQers should be cautious of when they project onto the game and the devs their anger and ignorance of being a plain scrub!! :rolleyes:

Arekonator
07-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Excellent point!

Definitely something the incessant whiners and QQers should be cautious of when they project onto the game and the devs their anger and ignorance of being a plain scrub!! :rolleyes:

I know, right?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

JibletHunter
07-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I know, right?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

LOL! I'm not exactly pro, but this is hilarious. Look how much time he has in-game as well.

Also, Antonio doesn't like being wrong (like he was in this thread), so he reports posts to have them removed. Ill give the highlights:

Existentialmeme: I think his charged jab and jumping attack should be parried on revenge activation.

AntonitaJ: He punch works like every other shove. (In response to Arekonator pointing out Existentialmeme was talking about charged heavy- as was clear from conext and content of his post) "I highly doubt that."

Existentialmeme: Yea I was.

AntonitaJ: Report any post that disagrees with me! I must be right because this game/ these forums are all I have!.

Existentialmeme
07-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Doesn't seem like a big deal.

If you're commenting to the original post, well I got nothing to say to you.

Either you're a centurion main, or you've simply never experienced the rage of activating revenge at the right time and knock 3 people back but just to get punched onto the floor by centurion because it doesn't effect him at all

Archangel0818
07-11-2017, 07:07 PM
if they don't fix centurion soon I am done playing all ubisoft games permanently