PDA

View Full Version : Generic enough is enough thread

thomaseaton
07-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Hey there,
Quick background on me, I've been playing this game since the beta's and have clocked up enough time playing it to put me in the top 1% with most my stats putting me in the top 3% (for the very little that they matter), so im not new to this game and have definetly given it the benefit of the doubt numerous times.
I gave the game a break over the past few weeks due to frustration over how after however many months a AAA title such as this can still be plagued with such basic issues (connectivity im looking at you). So today I thought i would give it one more chance after all the devs have promised more times than i can count they are working on the issue. So i booted it up on my xbox and to my "surprise" all 4 games of dominion i played all disconnected just as the enemy team was about to break. I can forgive the balancing issues, the turtle meta, the occasional glitch but the inability to finish a game is just too much for me. This game had so much promise and like a large portion of the community I have had enough of it. All that seems to be left of the dying playerbase now is the extreamly toxic children or the true very few die-hard fans (dont know how you guys put up with it).

PS before anyone blames my connection i have ZERO issue playing any other game even if they are P2P so any connectivity issue is 110% not on my end.

WABO423
07-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Xbox for has the most issues with connections for this game on all platforms, ubi said something about it's because Microsoft's network updates or something and theirs clashing. On ps4 connection issues are slim to none (for me anyways)

WABO423
07-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Here's what ubinoty said
Unfortunately XB1 has historically proven to be a bit more difficult for us to address in terms of stability. It's definitely improved, but still not quite on par with PS4 and PC for connectivity - we've been working with microsoft to keep trying to find the reason why, but it seems with each XB1 update it always sets us back a bit.

In 1.09 I think we've added a few optimization improvements and reduced conflicts with some of microsoft's game functions in order to make it a bit better so that should hopefully help.

RatedChaotic
07-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Microsofts coding is too difficult for them to figure out. Thats my take on ^ that response.

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 06:05 PM
or the true very few die-hard fans (dont know how you guys put up with it).

Without meaning to be rude to anyone (and I should note I am included in this category too) I think those that remain do so because they are mentally unwell to one degree or another. No one sane is left playing, that's for sure ;)

sad.platypus
07-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Those who left playing on daily basis are guys that mastered parrying 100% of attacks so they can beat the meat after winning with guys that log in one in a while to check if game is playable yet. Or at least it looks like that. Good luck to ubi with getting anyone new to play the game.

brashtralas
07-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Without meaning to be rude to anyone (and I should note I am included in this category too) I think those that remain do so because they are mentally unwell to one degree or another. No one sane is left playing, that's for sure ;)

Can't disagree with that. This game makes me rage so hard, but I keep playing. It's just too good as far as the concept goes.

I just wish the actual implementation matched the concept.

thomaseaton
07-09-2017, 09:22 PM
I just wish the actual implementation matched the concept.

Couldn't ageee with that statement more.

UbiNoty
07-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Hey there,
Quick background on me, I've been playing this game since the beta's and have clocked up enough time playing it to put me in the top 1% with most my stats putting me in the top 3% (for the very little that they matter), so im not new to this game and have definetly given it the benefit of the doubt numerous times.
I gave the game a break over the past few weeks due to frustration over how after however many months a AAA title such as this can still be plagued with such basic issues (connectivity im looking at you). So today I thought i would give it one more chance after all the devs have promised more times than i can count they are working on the issue. So i booted it up on my xbox and to my "surprise" all 4 games of dominion i played all disconnected just as the enemy team was about to break. I can forgive the balancing issues, the turtle meta, the occasional glitch but the inability to finish a game is just too much for me. This game had so much promise and like a large portion of the community I have had enough of it. All that seems to be left of the dying playerbase now is the extreamly toxic children or the true very few die-hard fans (dont know how you guys put up with it).

PS before anyone blames my connection i have ZERO issue playing any other game even if they are P2P so any connectivity issue is 110% not on my end.

Was there a specific error code you received when you disconnected?

EDG_Avocado
07-09-2017, 11:42 PM
oh you haven't seen anywhere near enuf yet for this game.
More issues to come