PDA

View Full Version : Hey community lets talk about the tourney today

A4einboy
07-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Soooo i didnt see one centerion win . All you guys said hes "op" but all i seen winning was warlords. So who really needs a nerf? Yes centerion is good in 4s but to nerf him is just wrong and thats why there not so dont come to the fourms talking about cent instead lets all agree warlord has way to many tools and is the meta of for honor

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 12:15 AM
The worst Old Revenge abuse I ever saw was a Warlord who was unkillable for 2 solid minutes. Never forget trying to kill him. Have a video of it. Doesn't surprise me.

As for Centurion, we all know the problem with him is in 4 vs 4, even the Devs know this and have made it clear that they are looking at ways to fix him in 4 vs 4 without breaking him in 1 vs 1.

bmason1000
07-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Yeah i thought it was fairly unanimous that cent was far too effective in 4's and while annoying as all hell 1v1, he's not the most absurd hero there.

Also, just because warlord is the top of the charts it doesn't mean everyone else is perfectly balanced.

Titanodragon
07-09-2017, 03:31 AM
Yeah i thought it was fairly unanimous that cent was far too effective in 4's and while annoying as all hell 1v1, he's not the most absurd hero there.

Also, just because warlord is the top of the charts it doesn't mean everyone else is perfectly balanced.

This

brashtralas
07-09-2017, 04:17 AM
Soooo i didnt see one centerion win . All you guys said hes "op" but all i seen winning was warlords. So who really needs a nerf? Yes centerion is good in 4s but to nerf him is just wrong and thats why there not so dont come to the fourms talking about cent instead lets all agree warlord has way to many tools and is the meta of for honor

Oh, so another one of these? I'll just paste what I said in the other one here.

"I know, right!?! Gosh darn those annoying people that want balance!

Man, it's really too bad that warlord balance and centurion balance are mutually exclusive! It'd be great if both could be balanced at the same time!!

Oh well, there's always For Honor 2!

Whelp, I'm off to get stunlocked by some centurions or long distance ledged by a warlord! I CAN'T WAIT!"

Rikuto01.tv
07-09-2017, 05:48 AM
I beat up a lot of warlords with my orochi today and got second in the PS4 tourney out of 313 people.

I did eventually lose to one in finals, but we're talking about the very last round on the very last hit... which just happened to turn into a parry and death ><

Eh. Well, this is why they do a map ban/pick system. It works good to stabilize them a bit. Still rough, but yea.

kweassa1
07-09-2017, 06:14 AM
Like others have mentioned, cent complaints are mostly dominion related issue.. as in a bad mix of...

- average/low-skill players with little understanding of cent mechanics
- average/low-skill players with target fixation falling for classic gank situations
- multiple cents involved in the above said gank situation
- certain poorly thought out cent mechanics like a charged heavy ignoring UIs
- problematic cent base design -- as in, too lenient on stamina usage, too effective in opponent stamina damage
- old problems related with revenge mode -- as in, revenge activation unable to protect against incoming UB+UP skills

In a 1v1 scenario competitive players have already concluded way back in late May, merely two weeks after the season2 launch, that the cent was not much more than mid-tier class.

RatedChaotic
07-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Wouldnt have watched it if I had the chance. I dont enjoy unbalanced pvp. You can clearly see how screwed up this game is by watching them. After the first few I gave up all hope for balance on a competitive level for this game.

Did a warlord win?

vgrimr_J
07-09-2017, 10:18 AM
one way and its a no brainer still is to lower centurions stamina pool so that way he isnt so spammy.

stamina pool is already wayyy too huge on top of huge stamina drain abilitys

Lyskir
07-09-2017, 10:52 AM
OK lets say Centurion is the biggest problem in 4v4 and Warlord in 1v1 both extremely unbalanced in these gamemodes

Dhaleks
07-09-2017, 12:53 PM
one way and its a no brainer still is to lower centurions stamina pool so that way he isnt so spammy.

stamina pool is already wayyy too huge on top of huge stamina drain abilitys

Agreed. In a duel, you usally won't spam as much as in Dominion, this would be an easy and efficient tweak.
Why the devs haven't done something like that already confuses me. I'm starting to believe people were right when they said the centurion is Roman's crybaby....

Vakris_One
07-09-2017, 04:32 PM
What is this tournament that people are talking about?

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 04:55 PM
What is this tournament that people are talking about?

Did you read the Warriors Den summary I wrote? (stickied at top of the General Discussion forum)

PC, PS4 and XBOX Tournament with a trip to LA for finalists and a $10,000 prize fund, in partnership with ESL. First round of qualifiers is this weekend (now).

RatedChaotic
07-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Did you read the Warriors Den summary I wrote? (stickied at top of the General Discussion forum)

PC, PS4 and XBOX Tournament with a trip to LA for finalists and a $10,000 prize fund, in partnership with ESL. First round of qualifiers is this weekend (now).

Oh....oops lol

vgrimr_J
07-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Agreed. In a duel, you usally won't spam as much as in Dominion, this would be an easy and efficient tweak.
Why the devs haven't done something like that already confuses me. I'm starting to believe people were right when they said the centurion is Roman's crybaby....

yes indeed they had a solution for shinobi spam fast but for some reason centurion still remains the same... :rolleyes:

RatedChaotic
07-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Read through the rules and how this tournament is set up. I just shook my head.

I wonder how many players will get the "No Show" disqualifications.

I dont like having tournaments that have players doing anything with scoring or setting up the match. Thats a big NO NO in any kind of tournament. This tournament couldve been setup better imo.

Rikuto01.tv
07-09-2017, 10:35 PM

I dont like having tournaments that have players doing anything with scoring or setting up the match. Thats a big NO NO in any kind of tournament. This tournament couldve been setup better imo.

That's almost every major tournament for any game. Only difference between online environment and offline environment is if the player runs up to the TO and reports the score falsely IRL he's liable to get the living crap beaten out of him in the parking lot.

The system is, however, decent when run correctly by people who are actually interested in reaching an honest conclusion rather than a speedy one -- such as the way MLG does it. Proof can be supplied in case of dispute to win it. If ESL has any failings its that they don't always ask for counter-proof when somebody is accused of created falsified evidence. They tend to favor speed of resolution over accuracy. Just this weekend there was another ESL tournament for DOA where a well known played got gamed by a random who created a fake chat log of him admitting to lagging the game up. This fake chat log screenshot was apparently more compelling than video of the match itself, as well as a video scrolling through the real chat log -- which couldn't be so easily faked.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/gehaktbal-is-screwed-by-esl-player.6836/

UbiNoty
07-09-2017, 11:18 PM
We've always been quite open with centurions being rather weak in 1v1 scenarios. As for Warlord, yes, I've seen a lot of discussion about him and the tournament and I'll definitely be bringing it up for discussion.

And even though we're partnered with ESL for the tournament, and so we're not technically in charge - if problems do arise, I do really hope you'll alert me at least so we can at least try to see what measures we can put into place for the following weekends.
I would like to see that the tournament is run as fair and sportmanlike as possible, so even though I don't have any weight to pull, I do want to make sure potential problems are at least brought to light with the team.

Dude_of_Valor
07-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Just wait for ranked matches. Yes the prizes etc are not going to be as great, but still the process of competing will be easier.

Tyrjo
07-10-2017, 10:56 AM
The likelihood that a Warlord wins a tournament is greater since the class is probably over represented in the tournament pool. Lots of Warlords also didn't win the tournament. :)

Gray360UK
07-10-2017, 01:51 PM
The likelihood that a Warlord wins a tournament is greater since the class is probably over represented in the tournament pool. Lots of Warlords also didn't win the tournament. :)

I'm not sure that logic works in the way you think it works :rolleyes:

Tyrjo
07-10-2017, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure that logic works in the way you think it works :rolleyes:

Oh, yes it does.

Blasto95
07-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Only major issue I noticed was the lack of awareness or just being plain lazy on the Console players side where likely more than half the participants never looked at the tournament page after finding their matchup.

My friend participated, immedietely sent out an invite and waited 10-15 minutes just for the guy to acknowledge the first round. After he won, the opponent never recorded his loss and my friend had to wait another 30 minutes or so for his win to process and advance to the next round. However there was no one for him to face in the second round even though it had already been an hour. His two possible opponents were still working things out for at least another hour to the point where my friends next opponent in the 3rd round was asking him what the hell was going on.

This is not the fault of For Honor or the tourney website. Just console players being lazy as hell and not knowing what to do.

RatedChaotic
07-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Only major issue I noticed was the lack of awareness or just being plain lazy on the Console players side where likely more than half the participants never looked at the tournament page after finding their matchup.

My friend participated, immedietely sent out an invite and waited 10-15 minutes just for the guy to acknowledge the first round. After he won, the opponent never recorded his loss and my friend had to wait another 30 minutes or so for his win to process and advance to the next round. However there was no one for him to face in the second round even though it had already been an hour. His two possible opponents were still working things out for at least another hour to the point where my friends next opponent in the 3rd round was asking him what the hell was going on.

This is not the fault of For Honor or the tourney website. Just console players being lazy as hell and not knowing what to do.

As I said. It could've been setup better. Is your friend lazy? Maybe this is new to people. But IMO it shouldnt be the players setting it up. Thats lazy on the tournment operators part.

Antonioj26
07-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Oh, yes it does.

And why do you think they are over represented?

brashtralas
07-10-2017, 10:38 PM

It couldn't be that they're, oh, I don't know? Imbalanced? Haha

Come on, people. Let's get real on some things, please?

Gray360UK
07-11-2017, 09:59 AM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder806/66124806.jpg

Blasto95
07-11-2017, 03:33 PM
As I said. It could've been setup better. Is your friend lazy? Maybe this is new to people. But IMO it shouldnt be the players setting it up. Thats lazy on the tournment operators part.

Can my friend be lazy? Sure he can. But not for this tournament no way. He was doing everything he could to speed up the process and get the next match going. Its a little unrealistic to think they would have enough admins for 400 people on Xbox, 4-500 on PS4 and 1-200 on PC (which most likely had the most mods...) I ran a small free community tournament. About 50 people with just me moderating and a little help from my friend. It was a mess at first and completely chaotic. Why? Because the Xbox participants couldnt do a single damn thing for themselves. I had at least 20 people message me asking to check them in because they couldnt figure out how...yet I personally messaged EVERY participant with detailed instruction and rules.

I dont need to go on. From first hand experience, console players are extremely lazy and would prefer the entire tournament just be handed to them on a silver platter otherwise they could care less. As soon as someone loss, thats it. They're done, they dont care, see you later. Doesnt matter that your opponent now has to sit for an hour just so the match can confirm.