PDA

View Full Version : In every 10k Quali Tournament Finals were Warlords

Lyskir
07-08-2017, 11:28 PM
And the devs do not wonder that there is something strange?

a few PKs there and Warden there...but thats it, 80% of the roaster wasnt even in the finals

its just sad and i hope it will change with the deff meta fix...but even with that it looks like he has the best offensive tools ingame atm

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 12:09 AM
Not surprised. Still laughing about the video in which a YouTuber reported that out of about 30 Duels in the public test for Ranked / Tournament mode she faced 21 Warlords ;)

A4einboy
07-09-2017, 12:12 AM
and the .... no im going to be nice..and the comunity says centerion is "op" and cent needs a nerf lets all agree no way to open up a warlord if he dosnet want to fight

Lyskir
07-09-2017, 12:17 AM
yeah i just dont get it... he dominates tournaments since BETA.. like WTF

WABO423
07-09-2017, 01:56 AM
I guess I haven't had the misfortune to meet a decent warlord that does something besides throw me off a ledge, besides that they haven't been much of an issue for me

WABO423
07-09-2017, 02:01 AM
Also on that note I haven't been playing very long either

brashtralas
07-09-2017, 02:13 AM
and the .... no im going to be nice..and the comunity says centerion is "op" and cent needs a nerf lets all agree no way to open up a warlord if he dosnet want to fight

I know, right!?! Gosh darn those annoying people that want balance!

Man, it's really too bad that warlord balance and centurion balance are mutually exclusive! It'd be great if both could be balanced at the same time!!

Oh well, there's always For Honor 2!

Whelp, I'm off to get stunlocked by some centurions or long distance ledged by a warlord! I CAN'T WAIT!

kweassa1
07-09-2017, 02:31 AM
▶ Among highest tier of base HP (Shug: 160, Lwb: 150 ... tied at 3rd with Conq at 140)

▶ High light attack damage (only Nob, Orochi top lights and Kensei lights are stronger)

▶ Light attacks have superior block trait

▶ Heavy attacks at stronger tier @ average activation speeds with UI (no heavy attack under 30 damage, no heavy attack over 1,000ms)

▶ Wide frontal angle ZA @ higher tier of damage @average speeds

▶ Best in enemy positioning/environment kills

▶ Has non-targeted sprint-initiated offense move

▶ And of course, the headbutt, still among the fastest activating (500ms) UB, UP with a guaranteed follow through hit

Basically, even without feats in the picture, Warlord has everything. Each individual trait doesn't seem OP by itself, but put them together and you will notice no other class has that many things going for it at the same time.

It's strong at distance with a possible sprinting approach (although not much threat in 1v1s), it's strong at environments with ledges (which FH is infested with, it trades punches with the opponent better than the Shugoki since both light and heavy attacks will punch through opponent attack if it collides (former with superior block, latter with UI(superarmor)), and when staring down each other in the "turtlemeta" and getting in small jabs his jab hits a lot harder than yours with his high damage lights, and his jab hits through your defense a lot more often than yours with headbutt-follow through.. which, btw, many people get hit by it a lot since everyone is so keen on trying to avoid getting GBd during a dodge, to avoid an almost guaranteed ledge kill, which makes people hesitant to dodge....

So while the pure defensive aspect isn't stronger than the conq, the Warlord is equipped to psychologically pressure and manipulate the opponent. Like, you don't really fear getting GBd by a conq every now and then, so you're not afraid to anticipate and be frisky with the dodge control upon the conq shieldbash spamming... but against a Warlord? Wrond dodge could be insta-fatality in environment kills. But if you're careful to avoid giving GB upon dodge, that makes you prone to headbutts. You can;t pressure him as much, because there's no class in the game that can trade punches with the Warlord -- not even the Shugoki.... every small mistake and "jabs" that land hurt more than others...

Pure spec-wise, the conq has better defensive capabilities on paper, but put every single strengths into action and the Warlord is a better equipped to discourage the opponent from taking initiative, making them passive, hesitant, and sluggish to react.

The conq may have a "thicker shell", but the best "turtle" in this turtlemeta is the Warlord. His shell may not be as thick as the conq but he's got a far more dangerous bite. If the conq is like a relatively docile Galapagos tortoise, the Warlord is like a big, lumbering alligator snapping turtle with a nasty temper and a killer bite.

We.the.North
07-09-2017, 07:31 PM
You forgot the biggest problem with Warlord : His heavy attacks are uninterruptable.

So, a higher hp character dealing more damage with heavy attacks just trading blows with uninterruptable heavy attacks. That's the cancer.

Nosmer1
07-09-2017, 07:54 PM
▶ Among highest tier of base HP (Shug: 160, Lwb: 150 ... tied at 3rd with Conq at 140)

▶ High light attack damage (only Nob, Orochi top lights and Kensei lights are stronger)

▶ Light attacks have superior block trait

▶ Heavy attacks at stronger tier @ average activation speeds with UI (no heavy attack under 30 damage, no heavy attack over 1,000ms)

▶ Wide frontal angle ZA @ higher tier of damage @average speeds

▶ Best in enemy positioning/environment kills

▶ Has non-targeted sprint-initiated offense move

▶ And of course, the headbutt, still among the fastest activating (500ms) UB, UP with a guaranteed follow through hit

Basically, even without feats in the picture, Warlord has everything. Each individual trait doesn't seem OP by itself, but put them together and you will notice no other class has that many things going for it at the same time.

It's strong at distance with a possible sprinting approach (although not much threat in 1v1s), it's strong at environments with ledges (which FH is infested with, it trades punches with the opponent better than the Shugoki since both light and heavy attacks will punch through opponent attack if it collides (former with superior block, latter with UI(superarmor)), and when staring down each other in the "turtlemeta" and getting in small jabs his jab hits a lot harder than yours with his high damage lights, and his jab hits through your defense a lot more often than yours with headbutt-follow through.. which, btw, many people get hit by it a lot since everyone is so keen on trying to avoid getting GBd during a dodge, to avoid an almost guaranteed ledge kill, which makes people hesitant to dodge....

So while the pure defensive aspect isn't stronger than the conq, the Warlord is equipped to psychologically pressure and manipulate the opponent. Like, you don't really fear getting GBd by a conq every now and then, so you're not afraid to anticipate and be frisky with the dodge control upon the conq shieldbash spamming... but against a Warlord? Wrond dodge could be insta-fatality in environment kills. But if you're careful to avoid giving GB upon dodge, that makes you prone to headbutts. You can;t pressure him as much, because there's no class in the game that can trade punches with the Warlord -- not even the Shugoki.... every small mistake and "jabs" that land hurt more than others...

Pure spec-wise, the conq has better defensive capabilities on paper, but put every single strengths into action and the Warlord is a better equipped to discourage the opponent from taking initiative, making them passive, hesitant, and sluggish to react.

The conq may have a "thicker shell", but the best "turtle" in this turtlemeta is the Warlord. His shell may not be as thick as the conq but he's got a far more dangerous bite. If the conq is like a relatively docile Galapagos tortoise, the Warlord is like a big, lumbering alligator snapping turtle with a nasty temper and a killer bite.

Funny thing is, none of it matters, because all warlords are winning their matches by exactly one move - shield charge. Right now it works exactly like pre-nerf shugoki's charge.

Lyskir
07-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Funny thing is, none of it matters, because all warlords are winning their matches by exactly one move - shield charge. Right now it works exactly like pre-nerf shugoki's charge.

yeah .....he has many moves that got nerfed on other heroes lol

LKBlanka
07-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Shugoki needs buff which will not happen dont worry kids, Warlord is ok in my opinion.

Rikuto01.tv
07-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Threads like this are why im kicking myself for getting parried in the final round.

You almost had an Orochi win the biggest of the events.

Rikuto01.tv
07-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Anyway, it's not really the shield charge that works so well. You can hit the warlord out of it much easier than you could Shugoki -- Warlord doesn't have the armor for it.

I would say the all-guard stance is really what makes him a tough nut to crack when you don't have an unblockable move to rely on.

WABO423
07-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Guess I need to find some good warlords to fight with on my nobushi, haven't run into any on ps4 yet they seem like they aren't very popular

Rikuto01.tv
07-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Warlords tend to rule the Xbox competitive scene. There are a few good ones at every platform of course, the character is too great not to use. But PS4 tends to have a bit more in the way of variety I've found.

WABO423
07-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Warlords tend to rule the Xbox competitive scene. There are a few good ones at every platform of course, the character is too great not to use. But PS4 tends to have a bit more in the way of variety I've found.
I tried him a little while and thought he was horrible and boring to play maybe I didn't give it enough time to figure him out, I wrote him off to be a useful as the conq lol.

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 11:09 PM
I tried him a little while and thought he was horrible and boring to play

Same here, he is my least levelled character (got him to just over Rep 1)

The_B0G_
07-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Same here, he is my least levelled character (got him to just over Rep 1)

I've tried him as well, I'm terrible with him so I didn't last far after rep1. Not a big fan of his move set anyway. I stopped playing the zerker because of that, in the beta I was destroying with the zerker, but he has no variety. It got boring.

Blasto95
07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
I've tried him as well, I'm terrible with him so I didn't last far after rep1. Not a big fan of his move set anyway. I stopped playing the zerker because of that, in the beta I was destroying with the zerker, but he has no variety. It got boring.

Thats about the only thing holding back a major Warlord nerf, like any other hero nerf or buff. For probably 90% of the For Honor population, any hero is perfectly viable. There is no OP or terrible heroes. It really is a matter of skill and cheese until you get to a certain skill level.

Also I think Warlord could certainly be toned down, but I'd hope for a defensive meta nerf to possibly hit Warlord harder than most or all heroes.

The_B0G_
07-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Thats about the only thing holding back a major Warlord nerf, like any other hero nerf or buff. For probably 90% of the For Honor population, any hero is perfectly viable. There is no OP or terrible heroes. It really is a matter of skill and cheese until you get to a certain skill level.

Also I think Warlord could certainly be toned down, but I'd hope for a defensive meta nerf to possibly hit Warlord harder than most or all heroes.

I'm really interested to see how the defence meta nerf will work, since I'm more of an aggressive fighter I'm hoping it will work to my advantage

UbiJurassic
07-11-2017, 02:11 AM
We know a lot of players are keen to learn more about the changes coming with the defense meta nerf and we'll hopefully be getting more info out in the near future.