PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of "captains?"

SikanderAzam
07-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Just got out of a match, and we won. But at one point in the middle of a 4 v 4 fight were three enemy captains... I had to run because I couldn't even control who I was targeting. What is the purpose of having these pests around the battlefield???

RenegadeRasta
07-08-2017, 09:06 PM
...Because it's a battlefield. It's a simulation of battle.

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I feel like your post kind of answered its own question.

SikanderAzam
07-08-2017, 09:10 PM
...Because it's a battlefield. It's a simulation of battle.

Then why have hundreds of defenseless midgets that aren't targetable and die in one shot then half a dozen brainless "captains" stumbling around that are targetable? And why are we all 8 foot tall behemoths if it's supposed to be a simulation? Soldiers are enough, if they literally threw in captains to troll people's ability to target when they try to fight then they need to be removed.

SikanderAzam
07-08-2017, 09:11 PM
I feel like your post kind of answered its own question.

It was largely rhetorical. They fulfill no purpose but can eliminate our ability to target. They don't add even flavour, they're just pests.

RenegadeRasta
07-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Then why have hundreds of defenseless midgets that aren't targetable and die in one shot then half a dozen brainless "captains" stumbling around that are targetable? And why are we all 8 foot tall behemoths if it's supposed to be a simulation? Soldiers are enough, if they literally threw in captains to troll people's ability to target when they try to fight then they need to be removed.

Of all the things that you could be complaining about...

UbiNoty
07-08-2017, 11:40 PM
I believe captains are there to bring more dimension to the battlefield - I'll pass along your feedback to the team though :)

Gray360UK
07-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Captains are there to tell the little minions what to do, of course. You don't think they all go running to B in Dominion because they want to, do you? ;)

CandleInTheDark
07-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Captains are there to tell the little minions what to do, of course. You don't think they all go running to B in Dominion because they want to, do you? ;)

Given their lore, I tend to think of conquerors as captains or minions who got the the front line last a few times and oh hell suddenly have heavier armour and need to actually fight >.> might explain the current state of their moveset lol. Though I will give them that they are absolute wrecking balls in b zone so apparently they did pick up some skill.

Tyrjo
07-09-2017, 09:30 AM
I believe captains are there to bring more dimension to the battlefield - I'll pass along your feedback to the team though :)

I think the captains are just a nuisance. Like the OP stated, you always target them by mistake and it may lead to your death.

They should be removed and it would make the game better.

RenegadeRasta
07-09-2017, 09:35 AM
I think the captains are just a nuisance. Like the OP stated, you always target them by mistake and it may lead to your death.

They should be removed and it would make the game better.

Wow. If they're in your way just get rid of them.

Tyrjo
07-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Wow. If they're in your way just get rid of them.

That is not always possible since you are fighting real players. Every so often you have an ongoing fight and a captain walks into the mix.

RatedChaotic
07-09-2017, 06:20 PM
I would like for Ubi to fix the connectivity. Remove the soldiers and captains and add more player slots. That would make it feel more like a battlefield.

Bring on the 10v10s

I was kinda upset that the biggest mode was only a 4v4.

bmason1000
07-09-2017, 06:48 PM
I would like for Ubi to fix the connectivity. Remove the soldiers and captains and add more player slots. That would make it feel more like a battlefield.

Bring on the 10v10s

I was kinda upset that the biggest mode was only a 4v4.

Yeah i remember seeing the trailers and early footage and thinking the battles were going to be huuuuge. It would be awesome if they could get it stabilized enough for bigger matches.

CandleInTheDark
07-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Yeah i remember seeing the trailers and early footage and thinking the battles were going to be huuuuge. It would be awesome if they could get it stabilized enough for bigger matches.

That and matchmaking is what they need to work on in my opinion. I know in my case my connection isn't great and that might be part of it, the thing is though if I load up Battlefield I can play across bigger maps with around forty people and not so much as a bit of lag let alone falling out of the game. I would love a 10v10 on a bigger map in a melee as opposed to a shooter but they have a way to go before they can consider that.