PDA

View Full Version : Still FarCry3 vs FarCry4!!!

GameGuru2017
07-08-2017, 07:20 PM
We all gathered here not because of nothing to do but because we all want to help developers to make FarCry5 better than previous games. Some people give very useful advices. But to make the game better means to analize previous mistakes. There are still discussions - FarCry3 vs FarCry4. This is not a childish discussion! It is important comparison. As for me, there is no doubt that FarCry3 is much better. It is Peace of Art. Many people were even crying after the end. It means that the game touches their souls. It's called "Power of Art". I've heard so many times -" Farcry3 is in our hearts". But, sorry FarCry4 fans, I've never heard such things about the fourth part. FarCry4 is better as fun may be, as amusement, as "bang-bang" and "ha-ha" but.... nothing more. As one of my friends said - "FarCry4 is like a beautiful holiday box....you are opening it and there is... nothing." Many FarCry3 fans were very dissapointed with FarCry4. They expected again those emotions of FarCry3......even tears......but.....Something very important has been missed in FarCry4....But what exactly? I've played it so thoroughly....and nothing......What has been lost??? I hope so much that FarCry5 will be not only fun and amusement but something more! And people will say "FarCry5 in our hearts".....

GameGuru2017
07-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Nobody wants to discuss the topic? O.K......Easier to discuss mini-map or types of weapons?! Understand you.....But if the game will be not touching and emotional, if the game will not touch the hearts of the gamers these bagatelles will not help!!! How can't you understand?! You may have only AK-47 and knife in the the game and make the game a masterpiece! But you can stuff if with all kind of weapons and make it "nothing"!

GameGuru2017
07-09-2017, 06:23 PM
FarCry4......What a game it could have been?!!! What a game! FarCry4, for me, is a lost chance! Lost chance to make a masterpiece! Better saying -FarCry4 -is a lost masterpiece! After such a game as it was FarCry3 next game might have been even better.....and stand near to Red Dead Redemption and The Lust Of Us. Good theme had been chosen - dictatorship! Dictatorship and its tragedy! What a story it may have been! If you still don't understand what I'm talking about just watch the movie - "The Last King Of Scotland"! Watch this movie again and imagine it as FaCry4, in Tibeth, with another plot, of course......What a game have been lost!

Nitrotoluene
07-09-2017, 09:10 PM
The 3 people who dominate this FC5 forum seem to like FC2 the most. I didn't like it much at all. Then I liked FC3 - a lot. Played it and replayed it so many times. Then FC4 came out and, once I had a computer powerful enough to run it without crashing, I loved it even more than FC3. The setting and plot is more realistic and the ending is quite emotional when you discover that Lakshmana isn't a shrine but a person. I cared a lot more about Ajay Ghale than about that SoCal d***** bag Jason in FC3. Even agent Willis agrees with that.

So my point is, everyone's opinion about which Far Cry is best will be an individual thing. Don't think that your opinion is a universally held truth, it's just one of many opinions.

usmovers_02
07-11-2017, 02:28 PM
You are literally the only person I've ever heard say they were touched by fc3s story. There's nothing wrong with that of course but the vast majority of people said the story and characters were garbage. I personally enjoyed the characters but had no emotional attachment to any. I did enjoy Citras boobs though.

Fallen-Champ
07-11-2017, 03:45 PM
It's a short but proper guide to Far Cry 2.

Anyone got a guide for finding / playing multiplayer maps for FC2 on PC ?
I bought it on Steam several months ago and have no idea if multiplayer even works on PC now, on consoles you just search for games and can see them ins seconds - it looks really complicates on PC.

Any tips - info anyone ?

scrapser
07-11-2017, 04:42 PM
I'm a 62 year old male and the Bioshock stories have brought me to tears and choke me up when I try to explain them to others. To me, that is what makes a good story. I have not experienced that with any Far Cry game...even FC2 which is the best release so far due to its realism and stoic environment. Most of the Far Cry games cater to the more casual and arcade loving folks. They are easy to play, have lots of eye candy, don't present any real learning curve and offer instant gratification. That's the formula...and I guess that's what most people want...and that sucks! No offense intended. You need to realize I have played A LOT of computer games in my lifetime.

GameGuru2017
07-11-2017, 05:32 PM
If you don't feel that FarCry3 much better.....it will be difficult to explain! But I've made a clip for you, in haste. And it is only 15 minutes of the beginning!
https://youtu.be/19qEHMk7hNc

GameGuru2017
07-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Not because of story FarCry3 better! Of course not! Story is rather simple -hostages. But how it was made! FarCry3 -is like a taut string! Like a one big Nerve! From the very beginning to the end! FarCry3 - is game -Pain! Is like Crying for help! As for Bioshok.....Bioshok Infinite - is a masterpiece! Reading your comment.....I want to replay it again! It was the most difficult ending, final fight, in my life! Still remember how I was desperately trying to protect that cursed Zeppelin! Ha-ha! I was playing on difficult level......and it was nightmare in the end! 2 days of torture.....and victory! Excellent game: very beautiful and philosophical!

HorTyS
07-11-2017, 06:30 PM
While I can't say I relate to any of the discussion in this thread, you will be happy to know that the lead writer from Bioshock Infinite is the lead writer for FC5....

HorTyS
07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
The map in FC3 definitely had more variety within it than that of FC4 for sure. FC4's entire map was pretty "same-y" the whole time. It was all just mountainous forests. I will say I think the karma events in FC4 happened far too often, to the impediment of just enjoying some open world exploration. You can't go 2 minutes in that game without having to save some hostage or coming across a lieutenant at a roadblock, or a cargo truck, or a courier ... etc. It was just sort of too much of a good thing I felt. Good that they added the random events, but they needed to tone them down a bit.

Canadian Beer42
07-12-2017, 07:17 PM
You are literally the only person I've ever heard say they were touched by fc3s story. There's nothing wrong with that of course but the vast majority of people said the story and characters were garbage. I personally enjoyed the characters but had no emotional attachment to any. I did enjoy Citras boobs though.

I hear a lot of people say they hated the Jason, because he is some rich and spoiled kid who doesn't give a **** about the rest of the world. Which is true, he is. But he changed in the end, drastically, he was a completely different person in the end. If you chose the path where you save youre friends, Jason even chooses to stay on the island to help the Rakyat while his friends are all safe and sound. I think Jason is the second best character in the Far Cry series. Ajay being the first; he was a lot more chill.

scrapser
07-12-2017, 08:58 PM
While I can't say I relate to any of the discussion in this thread, you will be happy to know that the lead writer from Bioshock Infinite is the lead writer for FC5....

Well that is most excellent news for me! I truly hope some of the experience writing the Bioshock stories influences the substance of Far Cry 5.

HorTyS
07-13-2017, 01:15 AM
Well that is most excellent news for me! I truly hope some of the experience writing the Bioshock stories influences the substance of Far Cry 5.

Same. 4 was definitely lacking, and honestly 3 didn't really blow my mind or anything. I think based on what we know about the structure of the game and how the main missions are no longer even strictly linear that there is a lot of room for making the way in which you tackle the game a bit more interesting. FC4 had a notable disconnect between the 4 antagonists, you never got the impression they were all on the same side or that they even really knew each other. Yuma and Pagan had the only relationship that had any significant acknowledgement of one another, and even then it didn't seem like they were on the same side necessarily, so hopefully this game handles the relations of the antagonists to each other with a bit more gravitas. I hope to see some interesting revelations about the various characters based on the orders in which you approach them.

I also think it would be interesting for them to sort of add some depth to your allies in the game. Maybe show that some of them perhaps aren't even all that great of people. I mean, there are plenty of people who in a scenario like that you might share a side with, but outside of that conflict you wouldn't really be down with on social terms ya know? I think showing that kind of thing or addressing it would add a subtle layer of depth to the characters and kinda make you think a bit more, after all, everyone has flaws....

scrapser
07-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Yes...I like those ideas. Clearly games can be developed where the characters have depth and are unique with what they bring to the table...good and bad. Buddies can have their own unique set of skills...perhaps even developing them a bit as the story progresses. Bioshock made great use of making moral choices that affected the story ending. With this release having a pseudo-religious setting that seems like a good feature to include. I bet we see something like it in this game.

HorTyS
07-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Pretty sure I heard that GFH do level up through the game, so from a gameplay perspective I think they progress, but whether they grow from a character perspective will have to be seen when the game comes out, could be cool though...

D.DVD
07-27-2017, 08:27 AM
I really liked the FC3 multiplayer (especially the people there), a lot more than the far cry 4 mp. I think that there are still some people stuck in that game, only for that reason.

MikeJDRW
08-08-2017, 08:50 PM
We all gathered here not because of nothing to do but because we all want to help developers to make FarCry5 better than previous games. Some people give very useful advices. But to make the game better means to analize previous mistakes. There are still discussions - FarCry3 vs FarCry4. This is not a childish discussion! It is important comparison. As for me, there is no doubt that FarCry3 is much better. It is Peace of Art. Many people were even crying after the end. It means that the game touches their souls. It's called "Power of Art". I've heard so many times -" Farcry3 is in our hearts". But, sorry FarCry4 fans, I've never heard such things about the fourth part. FarCry4 is better as fun may be, as amusement, as "bang-bang" and "ha-ha" but.... nothing more. As one of my friends said - "FarCry4 is like a beautiful holiday box....you are opening it and there is... nothing." Many FarCry3 fans were very dissapointed with FarCry4. They expected again those emotions of FarCry3......even tears......but.....Something very important has been missed in FarCry4....But what exactly? I've played it so thoroughly....and nothing......What has been lost??? I hope so much that FarCry5 will be not only fun and amusement but something more! And people will say "FarCry5 in our hearts".....

I enjoy both games on my PC notebook. FC3 was highly challenging and I think FC4 was much better in the challenges, story line and graphics. In fact I think the PC video/graphics were far superior in FC4 and when I try to set them with the same tweaks as my FC4 has, I can't because FC3 didn't have the same adjustable video-tweaks. At times when I go back to play FC3 there have been times when playing the game with the video I have (yeah same PC) makes me ill, which I don't see on FC4. I hope FC5 is superior in both graphics, etc. (or at least the same as FC4 was).
I think the story-line has to go a little further in FC4, as I'm still playing it even though the two side leaders are both dead....I'm sure it can go on and on, but to what avail? Guess it's time to start a new game in it (FC4) and this time play the other side...
Maybe FC5 could have open-ended capabilities? Some the devs would need to develope.

sidgirl
08-09-2017, 05:06 AM

I completely agree with you, GameGuru2017. I'm on my fourth FC3 replay (only got the game a couple years ago) and there's just something about it that hit me and stuck with me the way no other game has. The characters (I love Jason, personally; yeah, he's kind of blah in the beginning but as the game goes on he really, truly cares about what he's doing, and risks his life to do it over and over again), the gorgeous setting, the story that, yes, the second half isn't as good, but is still pretty awesome...The game did, and does, touch my soul--which is a lovely way to put it, by the way. I think with FC3, you really do feel like Jason, I mean, you feel like a newbie dropped into this terrifying situation, whereas with Ajay in 4 you don't feel that as much (although Ajay has one of the best lines: "Who else pulls the trigger around here?"). Ajay doesn't seem to care as much or to come to love Kyrat the way Jason clearly comes to love the Rook Islands and the Rakyat. It's that meaningfulness that is one of the things that makes FC3 so special, IMO.

FC4 had some neat things to do; the gyrocopters were awesome and the bait ability was pretty cool. But for all of Pagan Min's fun-ness, FC4 never got me in the gut the way FC3 did. I never feel longing for Kyrat the way I do for Rook. Sometimes I honestly just put in the game and drive around listening to the radio. Just to be there for a little while. Dumb, I know, but I do it anyway. The people of Kyrat didn't touch me the same way the Rakyat did, either--maybe in part because there weren't those little supplemental side missions like in 3? Again, I don't know. I only know that FC4 has been played through twice in my house, whereas between my husband and I we've played FC3 seven or eight times.

So yeah, I hear you, anyway, and I agree.

LMS007
08-10-2017, 09:16 AM
FC4 missed because of the mp, end thread.

HorTyS
08-10-2017, 05:48 PM
FC4 missed because of the mp, end thread.

Missed what? And FC3's MP was garbage to...

sidgirl
08-10-2017, 10:21 PM
sidgirl, welcome to the forums! Did you give a try to Far Cry 2?

Oh, thank you!

I haven't tried FC2, actually. I've been kind of back-and-forthing on whether or not I want to. On the one hand, it's a Far Cry game so it must be fun, and I know a lot of people really liked it. On the other, I've heard it's more difficult (as in tedious difficulty, like the outposts constantly needing to be re-taken, the healing is more complicated, that kind of thing) and the story isn't as engaging.

What do you think? Is it a must-play or is it a just-for-fun/completion's-sake-play?

sidgirl
08-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Absolutely! And if you're on PC i recommend you to install Dylan's Realism Mod that gets rid of those annoyances :)

Cool, I'll definitely put it on my list! I'm on a console (we got a PS4 Pro for my birthday today, so now I'm ready for the AC games beyond Rogue & for FC5) but I've been thinking of getting myself a gaming PC at some point so I can play everything on one device instead of switching around--like how FC3 isn't on PS4, grr. :p I only actually starting gaming myself about two years ago, so I'm behind the curve (but having a blast!).

Thanks for the tip etc., and thanks again for the welcome!

Ottovonkewl
08-13-2017, 08:33 AM
I quite honestly hated FC3's Jason. A rich whiny white frat boy that never felt connected to the story. The game is supposed to show his transformation from a dweeb to a badass, but the scripted interactions took all the buildup the player had in its head to drag him back to whatever point on his "evolution" the game felt he was at the moment of that dialogue, and the curve felt so shallow and spread over all the possible conversations that in the end, it hurt the story way more than what it would have achieved just leaving it to the imagination. 4's Ajay, on the other hand, was mostly silent, and in these kinds of games I would honestly prefer if that was the case. Let the player put himself on the role, and don't jar it away with moments that remind the player he's just going through a conversation that will go just one way no matter what happens before or after. I have hopes for the advertised "adaptive conversation system", if it properly reflects the protagonist growth at that particular moment in the history that might be the first time Ubi properly lands such a campaign (besides Primal, but Takkar is kind of monotone anyway so it's not like they were breaking new ground here).

One thing I do hope for though, is the possibility of when faced with two equally stupid options to finally have the chance to just flip off everyone and ride off into the sunset. Both 3 and 4 had story binary choices that quite honestly greatly affected my enjoyment of them.

HorTyS
08-13-2017, 09:18 PM
For me I enjoyed and (Hortys are you there?) had alot of fun playing the campaigns. Happy to say I also procured Platinum trophies on all of the Far Crys I own including FC2 which is probably held by under 100 PS players worldwide. To someone in their 20's that probably means very little - but when you come from a gaming background where achieving 100% on a game used to be the sole objective of the game then you would understand.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZWM98RfWDEcQkqqWKmp4aGw-jDRWZSR8ujlLeFgYfPFTVIDBL

You're either using the wrong vocabulary or are simply wrong in your thinking!!! hahaha Well I'm glad you can say you had fun without thinking of it like some sort of bad word or something...

MikeJDRW
08-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Suffice to say that i'm also a semi-vintage. I still remember when i was enjoying with my atari pong in a friend's house.

I can remember when the Atari 2600 came out and a buddy of mine bought it and some of the game cartridges. We spent the weekend in the barrack playing the games! 'Course that ages me somewhat...