PDA

View Full Version : When's the team shuffle going to be turned back on?

kweassa1
07-08-2017, 02:31 PM
As it is, it kinda defeats the purpose of enhanced joining functions.

A match finishes, one or two people quit to main screen. The new joining functions would have it easier for people to join in and fill that spot -- except nobody on the losing team is going to continue playing in that session.

In many cases it is unlikely the matchmaking will set up two teams of equal strengths on the first try. After people play through with shuffling eventually members mixup this way or that way and throughout the course they win or lose.

But with the team shuffle turned off, when your first try is a losing team with all the "weak" players crammed into the team, that team composition is going to stay throughout the session. Many people currently don't know this, since not all of the players diligently check the announcements. So it is highly likely people who are put on a "losing team" will not be aware of this fact, and then play through some more and lose again and again -- whereas those who do know will never stay for a session for more matches unless they are already sure their team is a "winning team".

Dunno how much time you need more to fix whatever problems you have currently that led to turning the team shuffle off in the first place, but it is getting quite annoying and cumbersome.

(ps) aside from the team shuffle, I propose the dev team come up with "performance based shuffling", in which the system, in the next match's team shuffle, will always separate players in 'draft' style. As in, the player with the best performance goes to team A in the next match, 2nd place goes to team B, 3rd place goes to team B, 4th place goes to team A... and so on, so the system attempts to "even out" players -- in which case, with more matches plays it will become more likely the shuffle function will even out matchmaking.

So, the new matchmaking will pick up players from similar skill levels, and then with more games played the performance-based shuffle will make it even more likely the 8 people will be divided more equally into teams as match continues.

Haplo_Bane
07-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I was going to bring this up. But I thought, why bother. It's not as if they don't know about it. It's great having 3 level 1-18's on your squad,squaring off against 4 minimum rep 2 guys. The new guys have sooooo much fun. Funny thing though. They leave after they realize teams aren't going to change. And you never see them again. Can't really blame them either. We've been spoilt by having teamshuffle in every PVP game we've ever played for the past decade or so. Keep up the great work ubidevs. I still have faith you guys will be able do you're job one day. Take you're time.

SikanderAzam
07-08-2017, 09:18 PM
As it is, it kinda defeats the purpose of enhanced joining functions.

A match finishes, one or two people quit to main screen. The new joining functions would have it easier for people to join in and fill that spot -- except nobody on the losing team is going to continue playing in that session.

In many cases it is unlikely the matchmaking will set up two teams of equal strengths on the first try. After people play through with shuffling eventually members mixup this way or that way and throughout the course they win or lose.

But with the team shuffle turned off, when your first try is a losing team with all the "weak" players crammed into the team, that team composition is going to stay throughout the session. Many people currently don't know this, since not all of the players diligently check the announcements. So it is highly likely people who are put on a "losing team" will not be aware of this fact, and then play through some more and lose again and again -- whereas those who do know will never stay for a session for more matches unless they are already sure their team is a "winning team".

Dunno how much time you need more to fix whatever problems you have currently that led to turning the team shuffle off in the first place, but it is getting quite annoying and cumbersome.

(ps) aside from the team shuffle, I propose the dev team come up with "performance based shuffling", in which the system, in the next match's team shuffle, will always separate players in 'draft' style. As in, the player with the best performance goes to team A in the next match, 2nd place goes to team B, 3rd place goes to team B, 4th place goes to team A... and so on, so the system attempts to "even out" players -- in which case, with more matches plays it will become more likely the shuffle function will even out matchmaking.

So, the new matchmaking will pick up players from similar skill levels, and then with more games played the performance-based shuffle will make it even more likely the 8 people will be divided more equally into teams as match continues.

I fully support this complaint and suggestion. You're absolutely correct that the losing team rarely sticks around and there is a strong incentive for the to leave. As it is, there is rarely any scenario in which it would make sense to stay for a second match. Plus your suggestion seems very feasible to implement.

UbiNoty
07-08-2017, 11:39 PM
I believe we do have plans to turn it back on, but the reason we disabled it in the first place was because when we introduced it along with the rq-penalty it was causing a ton of conflicts and stability issues. Once we can iron out the problems I believe we will be looking to re-introduce it once again.

I do think the idea of performance based shuffling could be very interesting and useful as well - so will bring it up to them!