PDA

View Full Version : Revenge in 1v1

That_guy44
07-08-2017, 04:46 AM
Someone please tell me why in the month of July, people are still getting rewarded with revenge in duels. Out of all the things yall need more data for, this isn't one of them. To add more salt to the wound, the aggressor never gets it. No, it's always the turtle that gets the gift of the gods.

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 05:16 AM
I mean..m that's how revenge works. You get it from blocking hits.

The_B0G_
07-08-2017, 06:28 PM
You shouldn't be rewarded for never attacking I agree. Revenge was to level the playing field when outnumbered, it has no place in 1v1.

Gray360UK
07-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Patch 1.09 is supposed to fix this, with the changes to revenge gain based on how many opponents are actually attacking you. When that hits (next week PC, week after consoles) Revenge in 1 vs 1 *should* be a thing of the past. We shall see.

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 11:04 PM
According to the notes, gains in 1v1 are actually unchanged.

"We now have 4 distinct values to multiply Revenge gain differently if you’re in 1v1 (0.2), 1v2 (0.5), 1v3 (0.75) or 1v4 (0.85). Before today, we only had a 1v1 multiplier (0.2) and a 1vN multiplier (0.85) which prevented us from having the granularity we needed to tweak differently 1v2, 1v3, and 1v4"

The gain in 1v1 was .2, and in 1.09 it is now .2. 1v1 and 1v4 are unchanged, 2/3 scenarios will now be harder to gain revenge. Why they didnt make the new 1v1 gain 0, i have no idea.

Gray360UK
07-08-2017, 11:09 PM
According to the notes, gains in 1v1 are actually unchanged.

"We now have 4 distinct values to multiply Revenge gain differently if you’re in 1v1 (0.2), 1v2 (0.5), 1v3 (0.75) or 1v4 (0.85). Before today, we only had a 1v1 multiplier (0.2) and a 1vN multiplier (0.85) which prevented us from having the granularity we needed to tweak differently 1v2, 1v3, and 1v4"

The gain in 1v1 was .2, and in 1.09 it is now .2. 1v1 and 1v4 are unchanged, 2/3 scenarios will now be harder to gain revenge. Why they didnt make the new 1v1 gain 0, i have no idea.

Hmm, well I take back what I said above then, and yes, should be 0 for 1 attacker, always. I know they said they were turning it off for the Duel Tournament public test, so that's obviously something they can do.

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Hmm, well I take back what I said above then, and yes, should be 0 for 1 attacker, always. I know they said they were turning it off for the Duel Tournament public test, so that's obviously something they can do.

Yeah, I'm really confused by these changes. Revenge gets two common criticisms: it triggers in 1v1 and that's silly, and it was nerfed too hard before(I personally think revenge is just about perfect as is but who am i?) and winning outnumbered is nigh impossible. So the response to this criticism was to nerf gains in some outnumbered situations and leave 1v1 alone.

Now me, i trust the dev team with big picture decisions because we don't have the big picture as players, so we don't understand the reasoning. Because of this, i try and keep an open mind about things and criticism to a minimum. I believe revenge is getting a big overhaul in season 3 (that was said, right?) so maybe this is a stepping stone towards that which we don't understand, but on this end it feels very nonsensical and a bit frustrating.

UbiNoty
07-09-2017, 12:18 AM
So, just here to try to clarify the changes to revenge - I don't project that 1v1 revenge will change a ton.

In 1.09 damage over time doesn't add to the revenge meter, but melee attacks that don't deal damage have been raised to a 30 revenge score (up from 10). And we didn't change the base revenge, 1v1 multiplier (0.2). So, I don't want you all to get your hopes up too high. While I do think it will help make it a bit better in 1v1 due to the removal of damage over time from being calculated into revenge score, but I also wouldn't anticipate a huge change in 1v1.

This revenge change is more for improving revenge calculation in 1v2,3,4. In fact, I actually kind of see it as a revenge buff for those situations.

Will still take your feedback about 1v1s back to the team though.

bmason1000
07-09-2017, 12:25 AM
So, just here to try to clarify the changes to revenge - I don't project that 1v1 revenge will change a ton.

In 1.09 damage over time doesn't add to the revenge meter, but melee attacks that don't deal damage have been raised to a 30 revenge score (up from 10). And we didn't change the base revenge, 1v1 multiplier (0.2). So, I don't want you all to get your hopes up too high. While I do think it will help make it a bit better in 1v1 due to the removal of damage over time from being calculated into revenge score, but I also wouldn't anticipate a huge change in 1v1.

This revenge change is more for improving revenge calculation in 1v2,3,4. In fact, I actually kind of see it as a revenge buff for those situations.

Will still take your feedback about 1v1s back to the team though.
That is a valid point. There's a lot of bashing going on in those situations.