PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Setting up TeamSpeak from the beginning

el_rond
03-28-2004, 02:17 PM
For quite some time, I've been aware of others communicating by Teamspeak and/or Ventrilo and would like to join in. So I just got a headphones/mic combination and wanted to get set up on teamSpeak and/or Ventrilo.

Went to the Teamspeak site and didn't know which one to download. I guess I'm the "Client", but had a choice between Quick Download or Public server, then a choice between IRC or TS Normal?? Which do I choose?

Assuming the right download followed by the installation, then what?
Once in a game, what do I do to be able to talk/listen?
Even before that, do I need to log onto the Teamspeak site first? If so, is there a specific log in number or something for the particluar game I'm in?
Also, do you only talk with your team (Red or Blue) or are you talking with every one?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

el_rond
03-28-2004, 02:17 PM
For quite some time, I've been aware of others communicating by Teamspeak and/or Ventrilo and would like to join in. So I just got a headphones/mic combination and wanted to get set up on teamSpeak and/or Ventrilo.

Went to the Teamspeak site and didn't know which one to download. I guess I'm the "Client", but had a choice between Quick Download or Public server, then a choice between IRC or TS Normal?? Which do I choose?

Assuming the right download followed by the installation, then what?
Once in a game, what do I do to be able to talk/listen?
Even before that, do I need to log onto the Teamspeak site first? If so, is there a specific log in number or something for the particluar game I'm in?
Also, do you only talk with your team (Red or Blue) or are you talking with every one?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Go back to the Teamspeak site and use the download button on the left and download Win32 Client. You will need to get an IP address for communicating. I use Teamspeak and the squad I train with has a private channel. There are public channels but those are usually filled with nonsense chatter. The best thing to to is join a squad or fly with buddies that have a public channel. You can log in on your desktop and let it run in the background you will hear everything it doesnt matter what server your in.

"We went like this, He went like that, I said to Hollywood 'Where'd he go?', Hollywood said, 'Where'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

el_rond
03-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Just wanted to say thanks VERY much for the infohttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif