PDA

View Full Version : I wish AC had a climbing/running/fighting/stamina (bar) usage for challengers

umesto
07-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I hope UBI adds stamina usage for running and climbing which doesnt fill up very quickly. Should be well balanced. Maybe it is possible to add this as an option for the pros out there?

onzirTbu
07-07-2017, 10:30 AM
I wish not.

notfunnybro
07-07-2017, 12:08 PM
I think that would be a good thing if it were optional.I would like to have improvable stats like running stamina, grip endurance when climbing, running speed, fighting speed, climbing speed, jump height and distance, fight strength, etc. and I'd like those things to improve as you practice fighting and running and climbing. I think it would make you have to be aware of your physical limits and plan your infiltration well and it would encourage players to be more prepared and tactical, and if it was a choice, people could still play like before but for those who want more of a challenge this would be a great feature.

cawatrooper9
07-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Not a bad idea. I could see myself doing it for extra challenges.

But I do find those kinds of things to be pretty frustrating, too.

wvstolzing
07-07-2017, 03:29 PM
In order to feel like a 'stamina' bar proper, it would have to fill in way too quickly with respect to AC's gameplay. (Scaling 90-degree surfaces on your fingertips ... yeah.)
If it fills in slowly, you wouldn't really associate it with the character's stamina; when it does fill in, it would be an arbitrary pause that would do nothing but annoy you.

I think just ignoring stamina is for the best, UNLESS you're also introducing some radical changes into how AC is played (less climbing, maybe).

SixKeys
07-07-2017, 09:48 PM
I can see it working in combat, maybe, but definitely not with parkour.

Bastiaen
07-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Could add it for a higher difficulty settting? I'm just spitballing here, and I'm not really attached to the idea.

crusader_prophet
07-10-2017, 08:05 PM
I got sick of not being able to sprint freely in Fallout 4. During combat it's fine, but when I'm just roaming around exploring trying to get from Point A to B, having to slow down to regen a virtual bar kills the mood and gets annoying pretty fast, unless I'm involved in combat during free roaming which is again ok.

VoldR
07-11-2017, 05:00 AM
I like it in 'I am Alive' another Ubi game

Hope they learn a lot from it.
:)

WendysBrioche
07-14-2017, 06:49 AM
I'm actually cool with them doing something like this, even with the free-running and parkour.

Although I will say, upon mastering all of the skill tress and such end game, stamina should be near limitless, and replenish quite fast, for all intents and purposes instantaneously.