PDA

View Full Version : Propaganda Centers

Canadian Beer42
07-06-2017, 09:59 PM
I hope Propoganda centers are still in the game, they were super fun and different in Far Cry 4, that they gotta be in Far Cry 5.

HorTyS
07-09-2017, 07:46 PM
I don't think it has to be propaganda centers specifically. Really all it is is an area guarded by a few hostiles with a bunch of stuff that needs destroying, doesn't have to be propaganda necessarily. For example, we know that one of the things the Seed family has been doing is stockpiling food & weapons. What if one of the things we do to weaken the cult is destroying their food stores? The weapon caches I think would be more interesting as a new way of unlocking weapons in the game, as without the (admittedly very weak) justification of towers unlocking them, there needs to be a new system for gaining access to more firepower.

HorTyS
07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
In the trailer it's shown that we can destroy some propane trucks who belong to the cult.

Sure, maybe fuel depots where they have a lot of gas stored for powering things after "the collapse"...

Canadian Beer42
07-10-2017, 04:57 AM
In the trailer it's shown that we can destroy some propane trucks who belong to the cult.

Sure, maybe fuel depots where they have a lot of gas stored for powering things after "the collapse"...

That's probably just the supply trucks from FC4, where you either destroy them or deliver them to a liberated outpost.

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 05:22 AM
That's probably just the supply trucks from FC4, where you either destroy them or deliver them to a liberated outpost.

Could be, doesn't mean stores of fuel couldn't be a replacement for propaganda as well though.... I only suggest alternatives because why repeat literally the exact same thing when you can make it slightly different but retain the core of the activity?

Canadian Beer42
07-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Could be, doesn't mean stores of fuel couldn't be a replacement for propaganda as well though.... I only suggest alternatives because why repeat literally the exact same thing when you can make it slightly different but retain the core of the activity?

Ahem, like the radio towers?

HorTyS
07-13-2017, 06:40 PM
Ahem, like the radio towers?

exactly, which is why i'm glad those've been completely removed. Although they slightly changed radio towers to propaganda towers. Rather than jamming a radio signal it was broadcasting a propaganda one, sort of the same level of change I was suggesting where the gameplay is the same but the context is ever so slightly altered...

Canadian Beer42
07-13-2017, 10:03 PM
exactly, which is why i'm glad those've been completely removed. Although they slightly changed radio towers to propaganda towers. Rather than jamming a radio signal it was broadcasting a propaganda one, sort of the same level of change I was suggesting where the gameplay is the same but the context is ever so slightly altered...

Nah, that's not my point. I don't think there was even a difference between the radio towers and bell towers like you're saying. The whole stopping the broadcasting of a radio signal and stopping the broadcasting of propoganda were minor elements and weren't meant as much of a difference, if it meant a difference at all.

I meant that in FC5, or I guess in FC6 they should change the way the radio towers are played and their purpose. They don't gotta unlock the map like they used to, just unlock weapons and perks and could even be used as an introduction to climbing and navigation.

HorTyS
07-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Nah, that's not my point. I don't think there was even a difference between the radio towers and bell towers like you're saying. The whole stopping the broadcasting of a radio signal and stopping the broadcasting of propoganda were minor elements and weren't meant as much of a difference, if it meant a difference at all.

I meant that in FC5, or I guess in FC6 they should change the way the radio towers are played and their purpose. They don't gotta unlock the map like they used to, just unlock weapons and perks and could even be used as an introduction to climbing and navigation.

I'm of the belief that climbing & navigation don't even really need an "introduction" as it is blatantly obvious how they work and the way climbable ledges are designed makes it very clear what is & isn't climbable, so I don't think it is even needed to have a tower for the purpose of tutorializing it. One of the most prominent gripes about radio towers that most players had was that rewarding you for doing them with a free weapon was a cheap & far too easy a way to get weapons, so I'm content to be rid of that aspect of it as well.

As for propaganda centers, I still say that I agree with bringing that type of mission back, but maintain that I don't think it necessarily has to be propaganda centers, it could just be some other justification for a "go here, destroy X" type mission....

Canadian Beer42
07-14-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm of the belief that climbing & navigation don't even really need an "introduction" as it is blatantly obvious how they work and the way climbable ledges are designed makes it very clear what is & isn't climbable, so I don't think it is even needed to have a tower for the purpose of tutorializing it. One of the most prominent gripes about radio towers that most players had was that rewarding you for doing them with a free weapon was a cheap & far too easy a way to get weapons, so I'm content to be rid of that aspect of it as well.

How about this: There's a radio tower and a radio station. Part of the same thing, right next to each other. When you go to "liberate" them, you have to take out the baddies in the station first. You don't have to destroy anything in the station, just gotta kill the baddies in them. Once it's all clear. You climb up the radio tower. The tower has climbing, jumping, grappling, small creveses to crawl through, ladders, locked doors you have to blast through, and hopefully more problem solving. As you're climbing the tower their are sections where you have to plant explosives, the final one being at the top. After you've planted all the explosives, you take the zipline down. And you watch the stuff explode. Done.

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 06:52 PM
How about this: There's a radio tower and a radio station. Part of the same thing, right next to each other. When you go to "liberate" them, you have to take out the baddies in the station first. You don't have to destroy anything in the station, just gotta kill the baddies in them. Once it's all clear. You climb up the radio tower. The tower has climbing, jumping, grappling, small creveses to crawl through, ladders, locked doors you have to blast through, and hopefully more problem solving. As you're climbing the tower their are sections where you have to plant explosives, the final one being at the top. After you've planted all the explosives, you take the zipline down. And you watch the stuff explode. Done.

Sounds like a fine objective as part of a side mission or something. I mean look, I've never had an issue the act of climbing towers, and honestly I'm not as opposed to them as many others, but I simply don't have any particular love for them as a recycled mechanic of unlocking the map or access to weapons. And the whole process of having to climb like 18+ towers throughout the last couple games just becomes a tedious chore. If the scenario you just described was a one-off side mission that is totally fine, but if it was something you had to do like 10 times to get free weapons or something, then it wouldn't be quite as interesting and would feel more like padding out the game...

That sounds pretty cool CanadianBeer or should I say Coors?

How about a couple of enemies in the towers like half way up?

Coors is based in Colorado... I think you mean it's canadian division company Molson...

Canadian Beer42
07-14-2017, 08:23 PM
That sounds pretty cool CanadianBeer or should I say Coors?

How about a couple of enemies in the towers like half way up?

Haha, nah it's Molson. Almost got it! And yeah, enemies on the way up would be great. Probably snipers, like in the previous ones of FC4.

MrGraves261a
07-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Sounds boring, we did that last farcry. Same jeep in front/Back convoy in middle bs. Same stupid hostage rescue,probably with the same stupid enemies wearing bright red in the bushes. Even their primal game had color coded tribes for the visually impared.

Let me guess, go here and wait for waves of idiots to run at me with spears...wait machetes? Then the big tanks come in and create some sort of urgency and danger right? Farcry 5

Canadian Beer42
07-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Sounds boring, we did that last farcry. Same jeep in front/Back convoy in middle bs. Same stupid hostage rescue,probably with the same stupid enemies wearing bright red in the bushes. Even their primal game had color coded tribes for the visually impared.

Let me guess, go here and wait for waves of idiots to run at me with spears...wait machetes? Then the big tanks come in and create some sort of urgency and danger right? Farcry 5

Any suggestions?

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Any suggestions?

Right? Its pretty easy to throw simplified & vague complaints at a game, made easier still by offering nothing in the way of actual constructive criticism or suggestions on how to address the complaints, over generalized as they may be....

MrGraves261a
07-15-2017, 05:41 AM
Dont get too offended im not trying to pick a fight.

Suggestions :

1. More intelligent ai. They need to camp and take cover more, if they loose you they fan out and search for more than 2min
More emotional ai. More angry callouts from enemies, even chatter works.Have some run in fear if they are loosing.
Less stupid ai. No more charging at me with stick or knives, let them wait til you get close. Even have them TRY to use cover.

2. Propaganda/radio/camp fires. IE map openers or revealing map area...Every game does this! Asassins creed, Zero Dawn,lord of the rings...I would suggest removing this a bring back Fog Of War, means your map wont show til you get there. Maybe interrogate enemies or spy missions to gain intel and locations of weapons and sub bosses.

Ill make a new thread for ideas bc this wont be seen here. My point is if they keep the formula and change the color, it isn't really new is it? I live in Canada and to see them rehashing stuff in a country with smilar landscapes and animals just tells me to watch out for wolves,bears and maybe the odd Cougar.

Like i said im not trying to offend its just you try to dismiss and dismantle every comment that speaks negative or voices concerns. It can be cringy.

HorTyS
07-15-2017, 07:28 AM

Dont get too offended im not trying to pick a fight.

Suggestions :

1. More intelligent ai. They need to camp and take cover more, if they loose you they fan out and search for more than 2min
More emotional ai. More angry callouts from enemies, even chatter works.Have some run in fear if they are loosing.
Less stupid ai. No more charging at me with stick or knives, let them wait til you get close. Even have them TRY to use cover.

2. Propaganda/radio/camp fires. IE map openers or revealing map area...Every game does this! Asassins creed, Zero Dawn,lord of the rings...I would suggest removing this a bring back Fog Of War, means your map wont show til you get there. Maybe interrogate enemies or spy missions to gain intel and locations of weapons and sub bosses.

Ill make a new thread for ideas bc this wont be seen here. My point is if they keep the formula and change the color, it isn't really new is it? I live in Canada and to see them rehashing stuff in a country with smilar landscapes and animals just tells me to watch out for wolves,bears and maybe the odd Cougar.

Like i said im not trying to offend its just you try to dismiss and dismantle every comment that speaks negative or voices concerns. It can be cringy.

I disagree, I initiate a discussion on a topic that I think has poor reasoning or logic that I do not understand. If it is a criticism that makes sense and has valid reasoning behind it, I would just agree with it & offer suggestions I think would help to improve upon them. Your complaints here about AI for example. I agree that FC and FPS in general could use better AI, but I do think the degree to which it is bad is exaggerated. I definitely see the standard soldiers take cover, and the types that would rush you attempt to do so, like the shotgunners, but there could definitely be measures taken to improve their aggressiveness and tactics to better engage with the player, because once they do take cover they really don't do anything beyond pop up to get shot like a whack-a-mole game.

It is already known that radio/ propaganda towers are out, so that is a non-issue. I live in Montana, and while it's not something I ever would've guessed or anticipated, I'm psyched on the setting. Honestly where in the world could they have gone that would look nothing like something they've done before? I think subverting expectation by setting it in modern america is actually pretty cool. You have to admit that it was unexpected, a year ago I don't think anyone would've guessed it... how is it rehashing anything just because it is similar to where you live?

See I just don't agree with your logic about some of your complaints. Like the convoys, your gripe is just that they've been done before? Newsflash, FC5 is a sequel, there is an implied expectation that there will be some similar elements, and in fact there should be because otherwise why not just call it something else entirely? There is absolutely enough new about the game that we know already to say that they're doing enough different with this game, and there is still a lot of things we don't even know. That's the biggest problem with people who are that far on the "change things" side, they seem to want everything about the last title to be done away with and everything to be different. That is no way to build upon a brand or franchise. And when you do change a lot, then you get everyone on the other side saying it's "not the game I fell in love with anymore"... When "fans" are so far to either side it makes it impossible for the devs to change anything or nothing, they can't win, and I think both sides should just learn to accept some compromise and accept the fact no game can be everything to everyone.

MrGraves261a
07-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Ugh...more condecending spock talk. I get it. You love this game so much that you comment on every thread in this forum. I can see your name on every last reply. People suggesting neat things to have and discuss... "hey what about this?" you come along "thats silly and unlogical" or "i see your list of animals...no white tail deer..." like who gives a ****. The animals in FC5 will be a joke.

Stop being so dismissive, leave your logic at the door. This is a place for ideas. Being a senior member you should respect that. Oh and when was Far Cry sci-fi? go play the originals.
Oh and maybe less "promoting" of rehashed assets and ideas as we clearly see you want another kitty taming game. Primal was the MOST beautiful looking, but way too easy, just sit back and throw spears whoopeeee.

MrGraves261a
07-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Ya after playing FC Instincts i played the original. They were ugly...A mutated gorilla woulda been more believeable. Far Cry Instincts had a great story. Genetic testing on the natives and them turning you into the monsters you kill. Its old...terrible graphics (now) That game had more mechanics on xbox compared to FC2-3 and 4

HorTyS
07-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Ugh...more condecending spock talk. I get it. You love this game so much that you comment on every thread in this forum. I can see your name on every last reply. People suggesting neat things to have and discuss... "hey what about this?" you come along "thats silly and unlogical" or "i see your list of animals...no white tail deer..." like who gives a ****. The animals in FC5 will be a joke.

Stop being so dismissive, leave your logic at the door. This is a place for ideas. Being a senior member you should respect that. Oh and when was Far Cry sci-fi? go play the originals.
Oh and maybe less "promoting" of rehashed assets and ideas as we clearly see you want another kitty taming game. Primal was the MOST beautiful looking, but way too easy, just sit back and throw spears whoopeeee.

Obviously there is no way to decipher tone through text, but if you're interpreting the things I'm saying as condescending all I can do is say that that is not my intent. I am a very big fan of FC, and an active member of the forums yes, the forums are not super busy so when I reply to a few threads they tend to be the last reply for a few hours, not really that big of a deal honestly. Also I don't believe I'm being dismissive of anyone's ideas, I simply explain my perspective when someone posts an idea that I have a different take on, but never tell them their idea is simply wrong. Leaving logic at the door makes no sense to do and I have full respect of any & all ideas, sometimes mine simply run counter to others. It is not a lack of respect to express an opposing opinion of an idea, it could even be said that the opposite is true when done so respectfully, which is what I try to do.

Who in this thread has been talking about a sci-fi FC? Your post is literally the first time it's been mentioned here. I have not been actively promoting the rehashing or recycling assets or ideas, I simply said that in a sequel to a franchise, some inevitable re-use is to be expected. I don't know what I've ever said in any of my posts on this forum that would give you the impression I want another animal taming game, because that is certainly no where near the truth and I've expressed that and the fact that primal was my least enjoyed FC game multiple times. All your complaints about me here are either uninformed assumptions or blatant misinterpretations of things I have (or in some cases have not) said

When did people become so incapable of having their ideas or opinions challenged or disagreed with? How is coming to a forum & doing nothing but agreeing with everything that is said actually a discussion? That is not a discussion, that is a circle jerk. The other member of these forums with whom I've had the most opposing discussions with about our ideas & desires for the game has actually said he enjoys the dialog and discussion such differing views creates. I don't know if it is just a younger generation who grew up without ever being told no or having their beliefs confronted, but it is important to talk with people with who you disagree because that is the only way you actually learn anything... I won't apologize for not agreeing with you on some things, but I'm also not going to make a bunch of false accusations about you simply because we don't agree, that would be a true sign of disrespect....