PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone complains so much about Centurion while we got Warlord?

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm so sick of Warlord cheesing his way around. Who the hell thought that everything would be alright with nerfing only a little of his throw distance, are the devs blind? I'm salty, because I can't stand Warlord still being able to carry you as far as he does and if that wasn't enough just wait for the headbutt to do the job. Warlords turtling and just trying you to throw you off without being even close to the ledge but wait against the Wharlard the ledge is closer, right? Not only that but just doing nothing and spammimg headbutt all day long with the move being so safe you can't do **** about it and then because they were blocking so much, surprise!!!! Revenge, one headbutt and to the ground you go without the possibility "just dodge" because headbutt is almost unreactable. Oh but why not launch a big tournament with a prize of ten grand, exciting right? No, it isn't because it gonna be Warlord simulator 2017. What the hell!! Rant over, thank you for reading.

Lyskir
07-06-2017, 09:53 PM
yea i cant understand the dev here, warlord is by far the best hero that wins most tourneys since beta

ist there a huge tournament in a few weeks? with 10k dollar reward? i bet a warlord will win this

Tyrjo
07-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Do you play on PC? In 30 FPS he's nowhere near as good.

Headbutt? Just dodge.

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 10:05 PM

Headbutt? Just dodge.

I play on console and I'm sick of Warlord, of turtle shoving Lawbringers and of every turtle whatsoever. Don't come here saying that no one turtles on console because it's bs, it's very possible, it's not a problem as bad as on PC but it's there and it's infuriating for me. The worst part is that I like to play low tier characters not because they are low tier but because I just happened to like them and I won't play someone better just because I want to win, I want the game to be balanced, not a game where everyone picks the best characters and abuse the **** out of every mechanic.

Antonioj26
07-06-2017, 10:06 PM

Headbutt? Just dodge.

He's just as strong on console as he is on PC. Not sure if you are memeing but his head butt is 500ms, if people on PC are having trouble with dodging him reliably than console would even more with the low fps and input lag.

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 10:09 PM
He's just as strong on console as he is on PC. Not sure if you are memeing but his head butt is 500ms, if people on PC are having trouble with dodging him reliably than console would even more with the low fps and input lag.

I don't know what would make Warlord worse on console than on PC because it's actually harder to react to flicker zone, headbutt and the ****er can still ledge as good on 30 fps.

Antonioj26
07-06-2017, 10:13 PM
I don't know what would make Warlord worse on console than on PC because it's actually harder to react to flicker zone, headbutt and the ****er can still ledge as good on 30 fps.

I think there is misconception that he's not as good on Console since the turtle meta is less prevalent but people forget warlord still has more and better offensive tools than everyone else.

JibletHunter
07-06-2017, 10:22 PM
While I agree about headbutt being a bit too safe, I think alot of frustration comes from 1) length of cc time when facing centurion, 2) the amount of damage you take when making a mistake against centurion.

GrimBlitzer
07-07-2017, 02:35 AM
The only thing that really annoys me about warlord is armor on heavies.

Mia.Nora
07-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Dont get me wrong, Warlord is definitely stronger than the rest of OG rooster, because he simply has it all. But still he plays by the rules. A warlord on enemy 1vX is not a death sentence. Careful positioning, using environment to your advantage and timely dodges still keeps you alive,

On the other hand, in 1vX Centurion just needs to H>Charged H and you are dead. For clarification he doesnt need to hit you with first H, just stay away from you swing it into air, and then charge next one to be unblockable. Doing so confirms 6 second stun and 60 damage from centurion alone. This is utter ********. No amount of positioning or environmentals will save you since he can launch from anywhere and his tracking curves around obstacles and tracks for 2 dodge distance.

There is absolutely nothing as broken as that charged heavy in the game, and the ease of execution, risk and rewards are utterly broken. Any move that is so rewarding should be as hard to perform as Demon's Embrace.

Linnix1
07-07-2017, 03:10 AM
Warlord combo from a parry- leads you wobbly with a little damage
Cent combo from a parry- you either have 15% of your stamina or all of it and you probably missing a chunk of health.

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 03:14 AM
Warlord combo from a parry- leads you wobbly with a little damage
Cent combo from a parry- you either have 15% of your stamina or all of it and you probably missing a chunk of health.

Except when they carry you to a ledge you're not near from. I understand your complaints about Centurion but I just came up with that title at the moment, I just wanted to rant about Warlord.

Linnix1
07-07-2017, 03:19 AM
Except when they carry you to a ledge you're not near from. I understand your complaints about Centurion but I just came up with that title at the moment, I just wanted to rant about Warlord.

I don't count hazards cause everyone can use them. Speaking of which someone remind me what unlockable moves can knock you into hazards I'm talking things like warden ahoulder, conq and LBs shove, and cent and nuboshi kick, along with shugoki and warlord hedbutts. Any of these moves actually knock you into stuff?

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 03:26 AM
I don't count hazards cause everyone can use them. Speaking of which someone remind me what unlockable moves can knock you into hazards I'm talking things like warden ahoulder, conq and LBs shove, and cent and nuboshi kick, along with shugoki and warlord hedbutts. Any of these moves actually knock you into stuff?

I don't care much about environmental hazards when I'm near to them and they are the obvious thing to go for, I use them too, what triggers me so much is Warlord carrying you as far as he does in any direction, so they count for me when it's against a Warlord. And for your question, yes, all of the unblockables shove you into spikes, throw you off, etc.

AzureSky.
07-07-2017, 03:32 AM
Because centurion is a noob stomper, warlord is a top pick in high elo, but you cant kill someone of normal and low elo as fast as a centurion.

TheTKOShow
07-07-2017, 04:00 AM
I'm so sick of Warlord cheesing his way around. Who the hell thought that everything would be alright with nerfing only a little of his throw distance, are the devs blind? I'm salty, because I can't stand Warlord still being able to carry you as far as he does and if that wasn't enough just wait for the headbutt to do the job. Warlords turtling and just trying you to throw you off without being even close to the ledge but wait against the Wharlard the ledge is closer, right? Not only that but just doing nothing and spammimg headbutt all day long with the move being so safe you can't do **** about it and then because they were blocking so much, surprise!!!! Revenge, one headbutt and to the ground you go without the possibility "just dodge" because headbutt is almost unreactable. Oh but why not launch a big tournament with a prize of ten grand, exciting right? No, it isn't because it gonna be Warlord simulator 2017. What the hell!! Rant over, thank you for reading.

It's not just a car it's a way of life, dodge the head but and Gb, and don't dodge for no reason, that's how they get you, if you feel he's got you cornered roll out. And always watch out for that zone attack, keep the right guard up and warlord is kinda easy,

Antonioj26
07-07-2017, 04:27 AM
It's not just a car it's a way of life, dodge the head but and Gb, and don't dodge for no reason, that's how they get you, if you feel he's got you cornered roll out. And always watch out for that zone attack, keep the right guard up and warlord is kinda easy,

Yeah dudes, he's super easy. That's why you see high level players pick him in tournies and he's been labeled the best character in the game since the beginning. Super easy.....

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 04:36 AM

I don't have problems with the zone but sometimes they flicker it and it gets me, that's not a problem for me. His heavies are slow and his lights are not a problem either. The problem for me is that I can't dodge headbutt on reaction, maybe it's because I'm on console, maybe I suck, maybe you make it sound too easy, I don't know and I don't care, I still think it's too safe, I can dodge it with a good read but I can't get a gb on him, I know it's supposed to be more punishable in theory but in practice most of the time they counter guarbreak because of some delay or something. Then, I play characters that struggle against turtles so part of my problem is Warlords turtling and using headbutt or just being in a map when there is a ledge far from me but close to them because of their throw distance and they just don't do anything because they want to throw you off and that's not fair at all. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little because not all my matches against Warlords are like that, but I get sick when I find the kind of people who turtles and abuses the hell out of headbutt because and throw you off everytime they can. Also that of Warlord being too easy I'd say it depends on the player and how much they turtle and abuse things because otherwise no one would be choosing Warlord for tournaments.

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 04:38 AM
I wrote some extra words in the wrong places, excuse me, I can't edit.

My.Insanity
07-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Warlord got his Full guard nerfed...

Warlord got his Headbut nerfed..

Warlord got his Stamina cost nerfed...

Warlord got his Throw distance nerfed...

so please... tell me how much more nerfs he need? Ofc he still is S-Class Hero but this is just because the Defensiv Meta gives him the chance to go turtle and btw.. you rly wanna say everyone who playes Warlord is as good as the Progamers at Tournaments? B!tch please they could kill you much faster with a Raider or a Centurio.

The Main reason people complain more about the Centurio then the Warlord is simple.. the PUNISHMENT!!!

A Centurio can punish you so hard that the game is over before it even begins... parry a light attack.. BOOM 65 - 90 dmg and out of stamina. / GB near a Wall.. BOOM 90 dmg and near out of stamina.. and dont forget about all the Stuns and Pins... best a Warlord can do is 1 heavy wich is what? 30 - 35 dmg? Maybe the leapcombo 35 + 15 dmg (which cost him near all his Stamina).

Tyrjo
07-07-2017, 07:46 AM
I don't even see that many Warlords any longer. I mostly see Orochis and Centurions these days.

kweassa1
07-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Why do people rave on the cent, when the warlord is still strong?

Simple reason, actually.

When you fight against a warlord, he doesn't seem all that fast... nor is he a pattern-oriented class like the cent. It seems like you can see and react to everything he does... he looks slow and clunky Most average/low-skill people don't even really understand why the WL's considered OP by some. They just repeat what others say, but they don't really feel it, because the WL gives off the illusion like, "oh just watch for ledges and he's not that hard to fight". Of course, skilled players know better and know at which areas the WL is super-strong, but most average people don't really give a hoot.

Now, the centurion. The centurion is what fighting game fans call a "pattern oriented" class, and characters under this category have a distinct trait that goes, "it's impossible to fight against the class if you don't know how the pattern is constructed" -- and at the same time, usually, it also has a coinciding trait that goes, "once you got the pattern down, it's not all that threatening at all". A class-A example: the capoeira fighters since Tekken 3. You don't know the pattern? Then those guys seem like just an endless cycle of loops, tumbles, sweeps and spin kicks that's infallible... but to those who know the class a simple "low kick" just makes them fall flat on their face.

See, cent is like that. The cent has some cleverly placed "guaranteed attacks" placed in between his attacks, that makes it possible for the cent attacks to flow from one set of moves into another, in a smooth combo. Since the average/lower-skilled player base naturally has no idea where those "linking joints" are placed in between his attack patterns, to the average folk the cent seems like an infini-combo of attacks which you have no way of countering.

But let's look back on the reality that within 2 weeks of Season 2, the competitive player base already basically laid out that the conq is maybe a solid mid-tier class at best. To the guys who are of higher skill brackets, they know where those "links" are placed. So of course, they counter those "link" points.

So they know when a quickthrow comes out, they CGB it. They know which skills the UB heavy pops out from, so they prepare for it. They know at which points cent players like to use heavy-feint-GB, and etc etc...

So when once these "links" are countered, unlikethe WL, the cent's got nothing.

This is basically why average/low skill players swear that the cent is OP as heck, whereas the skilled/competitive players think the cent is pretty limited in real 1v1 scenarios... and consider the WL to be vastly more superior to the mid-tier cent.

Let's face the facts here. Average/low-skill players are average and low-skill because they don't really bother to learn about a class that gives them trouble, how his attacks and combos are made up, what you can do to counter, etc etc.. Against other classes that aren't as pattern-oriented and fluid-attacking as the cent, they just try a few stuff, attack in this way, try blocking a few, and go topsy-turvy and they win a few, lose a few.

But like I've laid out, you can't do that against pattern-oriented characters. To beat those types you have to actually "take notes", and study what the patterns are. It's a lot to memorize but after practicing a while it comes to you... and then afterwards you see what the cent does with his moves, and it's not a "blur of crazy combos" any more. It's just a series of moves that has counter points laid out here and there. Most average/low-skill players never reach this point because they usually give up along the way -- hence, they stay "average and low-skill". :rolleyes:

Dude_of_Valor
07-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Playing on xbox against Warlords I have had pretty good success over the last month or so. I play as a Warden and so have many options available and perhaps people I face are not so good with him, but I the things that work for me are

1) Keep guard up top when in range of his leaping attack.
2) Keep guard right when he is close for his zone
3) Use my dodge in SB to take the fight to him
4) In full block stance, keep your distance and let him drain his stamina
5) Keep your distance, this will help avoid his headbutt (as you have time to react)
6) Try to avoid trading (this is my biggest mistake)
7) If he goes for a chain, look to parry the second attack or dodge/block it
8) Expect to be ledged regardless of where you are
9) Be unpredictable

Overall he is a strong character but certainly beatable. Currently this game is more about making openings and being patient. I think we all would play better if we just took our foot of the gas (I know I need to and when I do it works!). If someone is being defensive don't just charge in, you have to butter them up, make them make that mistake and then punish.

Trbevis
07-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I cant stand the warlord, hes been a massive pain since release. Makes me happy when i see threads like this, he seems to just get forgotten about, yes ge isnt as annoying as the centurion but hes just such a strong hero its ridiculous

Lyskir
07-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Yeah dudes, he's super easy. That's why you see high level players pick him in tournies and he's been labeled the best character in the game since the beginning. Super easy.....

yeah man all they have to do is 'Dodge™' the headbutt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

its not that even high skill players have a very hard time against it

btw the headbutt is the only 500 ms UB opener now isnt it?

dragon7jdc
07-07-2017, 02:23 PM

If you had to fight a warlord or centurion, who would you choose to fight ?

for me i would fight the warlord anyday even two warlord at the same time over the 1 centurion. WHY???
because at max warlord will hit me between 1 to 2 damaging attacks. While centurion you know how it is with him. if you can beat centurion you should be able to beat warlord easliy. i admit he is annoying to fight against but he is no where as annoying as the centurion. depending on wich hero you use if you can pressure warlord he will baiscly turtle or mess up an attack and you baiscly won the fight. so my advice is confuse him in your own way. it usually works for me.

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 02:29 PM
If you had to fight a warlord or centurion, who would you choose to fight ?

Warlord every time, and I hate Warlords. I have never been killed by a Warlord when it wasn't my fault or when it wasn't because the Warlord played well. With Centurion, I've died numerous times without being able to recover Stamina or even stand up and it has nothing to do with the skill of the player. It might not be the hardeast thing in the world to do well with a Warlord, but Centurion takes ezmode to a whole new level.

dragon7jdc
07-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Simple reason, actually.

When you fight against a warlord, he doesn't seem all that fast... nor is he a pattern-oriented class like the cent. It seems like you can see and react to everything he does... he looks slow and clunky Most average/low-skill people don't even really understand why the WL's considered OP by some. They just repeat what others say, but they don't really feel it, because the WL gives off the illusion like, "oh just watch for ledges and he's not that hard to fight". Of course, skilled players know better and know at which areas the WL is super-strong, but most average people don't really give a hoot.

Now, the centurion. The centurion is what fighting game fans call a "pattern oriented" class, and characters under this category have a distinct trait that goes, "it's impossible to fight against the class if you don't know how the pattern is constructed" -- and at the same time, usually, it also has a coinciding trait that goes, "once you got the pattern down, it's not all that threatening at all". A class-A example: the capoeira fighters since Tekken 3. You don't know the pattern? Then those guys seem like just an endless cycle of loops, tumbles, sweeps and spin kicks that's infallible... but to those who know the class a simple "low kick" just makes them fall flat on their face.

See, cent is like that. The cent has some cleverly placed "guaranteed attacks" placed in between his attacks, that makes it possible for the cent attacks to flow from one set of moves into another, in a smooth combo. Since the average/lower-skilled player base naturally has no idea where those "linking joints" are placed in between his attack patterns, to the average folk the cent seems like an infini-combo of attacks which you have no way of countering.

But let's look back on the reality that within 2 weeks of Season 2, the competitive player base already basically laid out that the conq is maybe a solid mid-tier class at best. To the guys who are of higher skill brackets, they know where those "links" are placed. So of course, they counter those "link" points.

So they know when a quickthrow comes out, they CGB it. They know which skills the UB heavy pops out from, so they prepare for it. They know at which points cent players like to use heavy-feint-GB, and etc etc...

This is basically why average/low skill players swear that the cent is OP as heck, whereas the skilled/competitive players think the cent is pretty limited in real 1v1 scenarios... and consider the WL to be vastly more superior to the mid-tier cent.

Let's face the facts here. Average/low-skill players are average and low-skill because they don't really bother to learn about a class that gives them trouble, how his attacks and combos are made up, what you can do to counter, etc etc.. Against other classes that aren't as pattern-oriented and fluid-attacking as the cent, they just try a few stuff, attack in this way, try blocking a few, and go topsy-turvy and they win a few, lose a few.

But like I've laid out, you can't do that against pattern-oriented characters. To beat those types you have to actually "take notes", and study what the patterns are. It's a lot to memorize but after practicing a while it comes to you... and then afterwards you see what the cent does with his moves, and it's not a "blur of crazy combos" any more. It's just a series of moves that has counter points laid out here and there. Most average/low-skill players never reach this point because they usually give up along the way -- hence, they stay "average and low-skill". :rolleyes:

you are 100% right. but i still kill more warlords than centurions. and i dont know either patterns of the mentioned heros. in for honor a skilled player is someone who is using the game mechanics to his advantage and not the hero moveset to be honest. because if you are comparing movesets. than you find some heros are far better than others. but when comparing who knows the game mechanics better and use it well then you have your skilled player vs unskilled one.

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 02:56 PM
A lot of replies, I'll try to answer to some.

I think too that Centurion punishes very hard and it's not fair to be parried and lose that amount of health because of it. I put Centurion in the title because he's the character that everybody complains about but this thread hadn't nothing to do with Centurion. This was with the purpose of complaining about Warlord (I was very salty about Warlord).

Second, I don't have problems with the majority of Warlord moves, leaping attacks, light after heavy, they are very parriable. What I hate the most is headbutt and the throw distance combined with turtling (I know everybody can turtle).

I like to play characters like Berserker or Kensei so I hate turtles. Currently I'm playing Berserker and it tilts me to find Warlords that don't attack and wait to throw you off. Despite of what people say of the throw being nerfed I see it like it's still too much. Then I hate when they just turtle and get free damage with headbutt little by little. And the characters I play don't have a good opener so I drives me crazy to not be able to open them up and just get headbutted. The problem is my characters I know, the turtle meta that needs to be fixed, but Warlord simply tilts me a lot, that's why I complain and I was salty when I wrote this. Again it doesn't have anything to do with Centurion.

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry but give me a warlord any day of the week over a Centurion, the Warlord is a strong Character but he operates within the same set of rules as all the other characters where as the Centurion is just an OP BS spam machine that completely disables you once they catch you in their spam loop, that punishes you off one mistake like no other Character,

yea maybe real high level players prefer the WL and in their hands he's the ultimate wrecking ball but that's kind of the point, if your really good you will be rewarded, is that the case with the Centurion Cancer? no he's the ultimate EZ mode character for the bandwagon players who just want to win as easy as possibly and with zero skill, they only need to catch you once and that's it, in 4v4 there is no fuc#ing way the Warlord comes any where close to the toxicity levels that the Centurion has introduced, so yes he's strong but personally i have no problem with him whereas the Centurion? like i say pure Cancer.

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Lmao, I shouldn't have put Centurion in the title but I can't edit my post, that's what you get when you write something while being salty :)

Anyways, I like to see the opinions. For me, despite his insane punishes and great stamina drain, Centurion hasn't been as rage inducing as turtles in general. Everyone has their different frustrating moments.

AnEnticingSquid
07-07-2017, 04:12 PM

Simple reason, actually.

I agree with you that cent is for the most part, pattern oriented... But what makes a lot of us mad about him is how safe he is and how powerful his punishes are. Compare the guaranteed damage of any character in the game with cent and his is better. Compare any unblockable in the game with one of cents I don't know, 5 and his is better. Compare the damage you get from gb, wall splat, light/ heavy parry, cent is better. He isn't the very top tier for 2 reasons, 1, he has no 50/50 and 2, he has no unreactable attacks. Both of which I think everyone can agree shouldn't even be in the game and probably won't be for much longer. But when it comes to the sheer damage he gets guaranteed and the amount of safe moves he has with no real punishment, he is by far at the top. No other character can take control of you For 5 seconds where they deal half your health worth of damage and take all your stamina as well. And whats the punishment for that attack? Well for me, since I play raider, I get a free light (if I parry the heavy) and 40% stamina drain with a carry. That, to me is op... Not because I can't react to it, but because the reward so highly outweighs the risk.

And further more, cent forces you to play one way... Like a turtle. You can't be aggressive, you can't gain momentum, you can't use any combos because he will punish you so greatly for it. And funny enough, turtles are exactly what he was made to beat! So he forces you into a playstyle that you don't want to be in, then punishes you for playing that way. All of his attacks have only 1 counter... Kicks and punches: dodge. Charged heavys: parry. (While you can technically dodge these, with his insane tracking, you will not be able to efficiently do so.). Compare that to raider... Every single attack unblockable or not: dodge or parry. There is only 1 attack he does that forces you into just one of the 3 counters in the game... And that's his tackle. When was the last time you saw someone tackle you? Oh? Day one huh? That's because it is completely useless.

The point is, almost every characters attack in the game can be countered by either dodge, parry, or block. In most instances you can do 2 of those 3 things. But a good player will try to force you into making the one bad choice. That is called mind games. Cent doesn't have mind games. Fighting cent is like a reaction event in god of war: PRESS X! PRESS SQUARE! NOW PRESS RB! It's a chore and nothing more...

MasterChiefPON
07-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I agree with you that cent is for the most part, pattern oriented... But what makes a lot of us mad about him is how safe he is and how powerful his punishes are. Compare the guaranteed damage of any character in the game with cent and his is better. Compare any unblockable in the game with one of cents I don't know, 5 and his is better. Compare the damage you get from gb, wall splat, light/ heavy parry, cent is better. He isn't the very top tier for 2 reasons, 1, he has no 50/50 and 2, he has no unreactable attacks. Both of which I think everyone can agree shouldn't even be in the game and probably won't be for much longer. But when it comes to the sheer damage he gets guaranteed and the amount of safe moves he has with no real punishment, he is by far at the top. No other character can take control of you For 5 seconds where they deal half your health worth of damage and take all your stamina as well. And whats the punishment for that attack? Well for me, since I play raider, I get a free light (if I parry the heavy) and 40% stamina drain with a carry. That, to me is op... Not because I can't react to it, but because the reward so highly outweighs the risk.

And further more, cent forces you to play one way... Like a turtle. You can't be aggressive, you can't gain momentum, you can't use any combos because he will punish you so greatly for it. And funny enough, turtles are exactly what he was made to beat! So he forces you into a playstyle that you don't want to be in, then punishes you for playing that way. All of his attacks have only 1 counter... Kicks and punches: dodge. Charged heavys: parry. (While you can technically dodge these, with his insane tracking, you will not be able to efficiently do so.). Compare that to raider... Every single attack unblockable or not: dodge or parry. There is only 1 attack he does that forces you into just one of the 3 counters in the game... And that's his tackle. When was the last time you saw someone tackle you? Oh? Day one huh? That's because it is completely useless.

The point is, almost every characters attack in the game can be countered by either dodge, parry, or block. In most instances you can do 2 of those 3 things. But a good player will try to force you into making the one bad choice. That is called mind games. Cent doesn't have mind games. Fighting cent is like a reaction event in god of war: PRESS X! PRESS SQUARE! NOW PRESS RB! It's a chore and nothing more...

I agree, I think Centurion is gonna be stronger if chip damage is implemented because right now despite he can change the timing of his heavies and that his heavies are really fast, you can just block all and try to react if they go for charged heavy into gb or to his jabs and kicks. After chip damage Centurion is gonna be pretty dangerous because his heavies are fast and they are gonna deal chip, parry will be dangerous because of his soft feint into gb and the change of his heavy timings.

kweassa1
07-07-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry but give me a warlord any day of the week over a Centurion, the Warlord is a strong Character but he operates within the same set of rules as all the other characters where as the Centurion is just an OP BS spam machine that completely disables you once they catch you in their spam loop, that punishes you off one mistake like no other Character,

The cent follows "rules". Just because you don't know what those rules are doesn't mean there isn't one, friend.

yea maybe real high level players prefer the WL and in their hands he's the ultimate wrecking ball but that's kind of the point, if your really good you will be rewarded, is that the case with the Centurion Cancer? no he's the ultimate EZ mode character for the bandwagon players who just want to win as easy as possibly and with zero skill, they only need to catch you once and that's it, in 4v4 there is no fuc#ing way the Warlord comes any where close to the toxicity levels that the Centurion has introduced, so yes he's strong but personally i have no problem with him whereas the Centurion? like i say pure Cancer.

The cent is "EZ mode" only to those who make it easy for them.

See, after all those things I've wrote up there, I'm still an average player. That's right -- I'm exactly the average/low-skilled player I've wrote down in my post above... and just like any other average player I've probably spent the last two months getting beat up to a pulp by even the most obviously newbie centurions, just like any other person. But now, suddenly after 2 months, they're just not that scary any more -- even in dominion.

So what's changed? Did I suddenly become a good player? Certainly not. I may be an average level player but if I have anything that's going for me, I'm at the least, an experienced fighting game player.

So during the last two months all the other guys did nothing but whine, whine, whine, whine and whine some more about the cent, I've spent that same time, every fight I got beat up and pulped I simply motivated myself to try better next time. So practice, I did.

I practiced "just dodge" -- and guess what, now I really can dodge. The "just dodge: advise some people give you? Guess what. They work.

I hardly get hit by UB charged heavies any more, because the during the last two months I've constantly struggled against my bad habit and instinct of just dodging upon attack indicator. Now, I've practiced enough to suppress it so that when fighting a cent I prepare for the possibility of a heavy attack coming out delayed into a UB attack -- so against my instincts, I wait, I watch, and then I dodge AFTER the attack comes out, not before. Guess what -- no more "bullshi* tracking" upon me.

Same with light-GB quickthrows. I think I've struggled with that one for around 5 weeks. I'm a sucky, average player. I can't just practice a day or two and get the hang of it. But guess what, after much longer time spent, I CGB most of quickthrows coming in,.

See, I'm not saying this to brag about anything. I've already laid bare the humiliating experiences I've gone through -- months of suffering and struggling with what the really talented players would just get the hang of within days. The point is, in the end, this is what a fighting game is, and that's what fighting game players do.

You figure out the THEORETICAL counters, and then you test your self and practice until you actually make that theory into a REALITYT. THIS is what fighting gamers do, and that's what people struggling against certain skills or classes are supposed to be doing in fighting games.

So really, when a sucky, average player like me, who's not a special player at all, not talented or has super physio-reflexes, can take time, persevere, practice, and actually become able to counter this so-called OP centurion moves, what excuses have the other people got??

You know why the cent seems OP? It's simply because people give up too easily... and perhaps that's why fighting games in general are an unpopular, dying genre these days. In this day and age of casual gamers used to instant gratification, the players sometimes look like they don't have any concept of "man up, suck it in, practice until you can do it" any more.

It's like they try something for a week, and if they can't still do it, just give up and start throwing tantrums of how they can't do it, how it's impossible to do it, so the devs should do it for them by changing everything.

Oh lordly, lord.

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 04:41 PM
The cent follows "rules". Just because you don't know what those rules are doesn't mean there isn't one, friend.

The cent is "EZ mode" only to those who make it easy for them.

See, after all those things I've wrote up there, I'm still an average player. That's right -- I'm exactly the average/low-skilled player I've wrote down in my post above... and just like any other average player I've probably spent the last two months getting beat up to a pulp by even the most obviously newbie centurions, just like any other person. But now, suddenly after 2 months, they're just not that scary any more -- even in dominion.

So what's changed? Did I suddenly become a good player? Certainly not. I may be an average level player but if I have anything that's going for me, I'm at the least, an experienced fighting game player.

So during the last two months all the other guys did nothing but whine, whine, whine, whine and whine some more about the cent, I've spent that same time, every fight I got beat up and pulped I simply motivated myself to try better next time. So practice, I did.

I practiced "just dodge" -- and guess what, now I really can dodge. The "just dodge: advise some people give you? Guess what. They work.

I hardly get hit by UB charged heavies any more, because the during the last two months I've constantly struggled against my bad habit and instinct of just dodging upon attack indicator. Now, I've practiced enough to suppress it so that when fighting a cent I prepare for the possibility of a heavy attack coming out delayed into a UB attack -- so against my instincts, I wait, I watch, and then I dodge AFTER the attack comes out, not before. Guess what -- no more "bullshi* tracking" upon me.

Same with light-GB quickthrows. I think I've struggled with that one for around 5 weeks. I'm a sucky, average player. I can't just practice a day or two and get the hang of it. But guess what, after much longer time spent, I CGB most of quickthrows coming in,.

See, I'm not saying this to brag about anything. I've already laid bare the humiliating experiences I've gone through -- months of suffering and struggling with what the really talented players would just get the hang of within days. The point is, in the end, this is what a fighting game is, and that's what fighting game players do.

You figure out the THEORETICAL counters, and then you test your self and practice until you actually make that theory into a REALITYT. THIS is what fighting gamers do, and that's what people struggling against certain skills or classes are supposed to be doing in fighting games.

So really, when a sucky, average player like me, who's not a special player at all, not talented or has super physio-reflexes, can take time, persevere, practice, and actually become able to counter this so-called OP centurion moves, what excuses have the other people got??

You know why the cent seems OP? It's simply because people give up too easily... and perhaps that's why fighting games in general are an unpopular, dying genre these days. In this day and age of casual gamers used to instant gratification, the players sometimes look like they don't have any concept of "man up, suck it in, practice until you can do it" any more.

It's like they try something for a week, and if they can't still do it, just give up and start throwing tantrums of how they can't do it, how it's impossible to do it, so the devs should do it for them by changing everything.

Oh lordly, lord.

As a self admitted low skill/average player, you're also playing low skill/average cents.

Try playing one who feints once or twice before every attack that has perfect parries and CGB, one mistake and you're at 15% health with no stamina.

Also everything you've said only covers 1v1 which isn't his main issue. 1v2 against a cent and another player is harder than any othet combinations besides 2 cents, then it's just impossible because their move set completely ignores revenge mode.

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-07-2017, 07:59 PM
because he's the "cool" thing to hate this season.

i was thinking about maining him to mine some salt, but it seems to easy at this point...

LOL? yet complains about Shinobi being OP on other posts? Salt indeed?

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 08:02 PM
because he's the "cool" thing to hate this season.

That's really not the reason.

Tomas_Jari
07-07-2017, 10:11 PM
You stupid centurion complaining *****es kids. From beginin od the game warlord is ****ing op. why you **** idiots complain about stupid easy dodgeable and **** health centurion??? omg, that people.nerf stupid turtle warlord health.

Linnix1
07-08-2017, 12:32 AM
You stupid centurion complaining *****es kids. From beginin od the game warlord is ****ing op. why you **** idiots complain about stupid easy dodgeable and **** health centurion??? omg, that people.nerf stupid turtle warlord health.

I'll take broken English for 700 Alex.

The_B0G_
07-08-2017, 12:39 AM
I'll take broken English for 700 Alex.

+1 lol

Calls everyone kids, acts like one himself.

LKBlanka
07-09-2017, 08:43 PM
I never have much problems with Warlord, and he sure does not need a nerf.
Cent is crap he doesn't need a nerf but a Deletion from the game, same with Nubishi.

brashtralas
07-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Why are people having so much trouble understanding that balance between two different classes is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE?

I mean, stick with me here, I know it's difficult, but why don't they just....... balance them both!?!?!

I know, I know, minds blown.

CandleInTheDark
07-09-2017, 09:21 PM
He isn't the very top tier for 2 reasons, 1, he has no 50/50 and 2, he has no unreactable attacks. Both of which I think everyone can agree shouldn't even be in the game and probably won't be for much longer.

I wouldn't bank on 50/50's not being in the game for much longer. The devs have said a few times they find it an interesting mechanic and there may be more in the future. They don't want to go all the way over to using those mechanics but they went away from 100% reactive when they designed some of the latter OG characters.

And further more, cent forces you to play one way... Like a turtle. You can't be aggressive, you can't gain momentum, you can't use any combos because he will punish you so greatly for it.

Eh I mostly play characters with dodge attacks or dodge charges (or hidden stance in the case of nobushi) but I don't struggle overly much 1v1. I main peacekeeper so your mileage may vary but I can be aggressive with dodge attacks and earn deep gouge bleeds and anything I dodge gets the same treatment. It is harder than some other characters certainly but not impossible, nobushi I hidden stance the attack and come out with a double light, warden and conqueror I dodge and hit my charge attack, berserker, same as peacekeeper, I have dodge attacks only I can also make them try to punish an attack I can dodge out of. I can't say what I would do as a raider but my guess would be the dodge guardbreak stampede rush. I wouldn't say that as a certainty since I don't play them.

This is not to say they don't need balancing in 4v4, but the devs don't want to break them in 1v1 to do that and 1v1 he isn't in too bad a place so long as you mind your surroundings and don't get cornered, still needs some balancing but not as much as most complain about. The 4v4 crowd control stuff is the biggest problem.

1v2 against a cent and another player is harder than any othet combinations besides 2 cents, then it's just impossible because their move set completely ignores revenge mode.

The revenge mode thing does need fixing, you're already in trouble but at least you get the breathing room, only centurion attacks through the activation. I have honestly said I would as easily do without revenge mode because most team games don't have that kind of thing, but it is a thing that is in this game and unless it is one of their class specific perks like the conqueror having superior block on all attacks, then it needs to work the same for everyone.