PDA

View Full Version : Game choppier with this newest patch?

AmericanBalls
07-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Hey y'all,

Just got back from a 2 week vacation and I swear after updating the game it feels choppier, maybe a bit laggier. The graphics just feel different to me, am I missing something? I play on XB1. Thanks for any input.

SlapO_xFight
07-07-2017, 12:44 AM
I don't think it's just you, for the last couple days I have seen this game lag harder then ever, so hard that I was able to see the fog flicker in the stages. I too am experiencing an odd amount of lag and not able to connect to games, also screen freezes and getting kicked/error out of games more and more often. So often that I am seriously contemplating on giving this game up. I didn't want this game to die off so soon I enjoy it a lot but as a martial artist myself I just can't get passed a lot of crap that just really makes no sense coming from the martial arts world. Cannot be interrupted during rolling? Well, we all know thats completely bullocks... you would get rocked so hard trying to roll away in a fight if that person sees it coming. Guard break off side step? Yeah again this is complete balderdash. Never in the history of martial arts is it a good idea to sacrifice two of your weapons (hands) to grab someone that also knows that they are doing when it comes to a fight I am aware that there are system designed around grappling but even those systems have fakes and things to set up a grab for instances a counter from a punch, wrist locks chin na etc... However the likely outcome of this person you grabbed would be that of serval punches to your face/sides 6-8times before you get this guard break off is more likely to happen that that push shove **** by the LB or constant GB's. Now I know this is just a game base on real fighting, but even then there are things that just can't be ignored and well for those Ubi fan boys that can have fun getting your money sucked from you like a leech because this game whether i continue to play (which in all likely hood won't happen) this is the very last game i buy from Ubisoft the company that could give two birds less about the people who buy their broken products.

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Hi AmericanBalls! (i felt weird typing that)

I haven't seen this specifically reported anywhere else so I unfortunately can't offer you much help. Did you try restarting after updating? Is it choppier/laggier overall or only at certain points in the game? (during cutscenes, transitions, going into menu, etcetc)

Your best bet would be to get in touch with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) so they can help you troubleshoot and try to see what's going on.

Edit: Oh, ok I guess perhaps it's occurring more often than I realized. - If you're having lag issues on XB1 after the update, please report it (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) so we can get a ticket logged and I'll alert the team as well to take a look too.

SlapO_xFight
07-07-2017, 12:58 AM
For me i know for a fact its not my net I have a nat type 2 internet connection with a 111.7 mbps download and 3.3 mbps upload speed. i play on ps4 as well. These issues with lag and seeing fog flicker on the map because its spiking so bad is new to me i never had these problems a month ago, yeah i still got kicked from games because of people quitting or the crap p2p server situation you guys decided to go with but it was never this bad. Even Damien stated that ever time you guys seem to fix 1 thing, just like a hydra 3 more problems accrue this is an issue that has always been here with For Honor and only getting worse as time goes on in all honesty, Ubi needs to get their heads out of their butts and give us dedicated servers and fix the game we payed for.

Mia.Nora
07-07-2017, 02:55 AM
Today I also noticed that issue very clearly in Dominion. Especially running to B (minion zone) game was so choppy and staggering.

I have beast of a computer that benchmarks this game at 140fps, and 200mbps fibre connection. Whatever the reason is, it is not on my end.

AmericanBalls
07-07-2017, 05:51 PM
It seems to be consistent throughout my matches. The movements flow "differently". Like Mia Nora said above its like staggering and choppy, almost like a frame drop but not by much. Haven't had the issue with other games so I don't think its my Xbox or internet.

Existentialmeme
07-07-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing too today, choppy gameplay. I've already tried restarting my computer and such. still not change.
And it's not because of my computer because it was perfectly fine just yesterday, and I have not downloaded anything new whatsoever.

Rikuto01.tv
07-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Yea. I got it during dominion as well the other day, after playing a number of duel games. As you guys said, its when there was a big fight with a bunch of minions. Mine happened in citadel gate on my PS4. I also noticed the ground textures flickering out of existence during the slowdown, leading me to think there's a possible memory leak.

UbiNoty
07-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys - looks like it's mostly dominion so I'll make sure to note that as well. If you haven't, please send in a report (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) so we can get some more information!